Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Great Will Today's Jobs Report Be??

+3
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
7 posters

Go down

How Great Will Today's Jobs Report Be?? Empty How Great Will Today's Jobs Report Be??

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-08, 08:39

#MAGA!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How Great Will Today's Jobs Report Be?? Empty Re: How Great Will Today's Jobs Report Be??

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-08, 08:53

How Great Will Today's Jobs Report Be?? 03e37c6f4462e1a8d31d89cd52aceef1

Hopefully as good as the frozen concentrated orange juice report.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How Great Will Today's Jobs Report Be?? Empty Re: How Great Will Today's Jobs Report Be??

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-08, 09:00

Probably the greatest bob
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-08, 09:39

Big numbers. The best.

America is becoming great again.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-08, 09:41

wow - Fox News "Research" giving the Obama Administration some love..

Fox News Research‏Verified account @FoxNewsResearch

Average Monthly Job Gains
-January through November
2017: +174,000
2016: +190,000
2015: +225,000
2014: +249,000
2013: +205,000
2012: +173,000
2011: +171,000
2010: +89,000

Barack Obama is a great American.. one of the best.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-08, 09:57

O.K., confession time.   I have never understood the "Jobs growth" stat.   It seems we're always over 150K monthly.  What does that mean exactly.  I'm not an idiot, I get that it means more jobs are created.  How do they get the number?  Is it just a check of social security numbers to see who is earning and who isn't?  Do we know where these numbers are.  My kid just took a 10 hour a week job sitting behind the desk at a tanning salon.   She makes 9 bucks an hour. Complete poverty.  When she works the boat dock down at the Yacht club, she always got paid under the table.  Tips and all, now she's getting paid with taxes taken out etc.  So, if somebody made 80 bucks a week, that's 4500 a year.  Is that considered a "new job" by the way they count things?  And really, is it really a living wage?   Just wondering.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-08, 10:01

DWags wrote:O.K., confession time.   I have never understood the "Jobs growth" stat.   It seems we're always over 150K monthly.  What does that mean exactly.  I'm not an idiot, I get that it means more jobs are created.  How do they get the number?  Is it just a check of social security numbers to see who is earning and who isn't?  Do we know where these numbers are.  My kid just took a 10 hour a week job sitting behind the desk at a tanning salon.   She makes 9 bucks an hour. Complete poverty.  When she works the boat dock down at the Yacht club, she always got paid under the table.  Tips and all, now she's getting paid with taxes taken out etc.  So, if somebody made 80 bucks a week, that's 4500 a year.  Is that considered a "new job" by the way they count things?  And really, is it really a living wage?   Just wondering.
I don't fully know how it's calculated.. and I suspect that the actual numbers are manipulated by various factors in order to achieve a predetermined agenda.

However, I do know that the growth enjoyed during the Obama administration was amazing, especially given the fact that the GOP was determined to oppose him at every turn on everything.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-08, 10:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:O.K., confession time.   I have never understood the "Jobs growth" stat.   It seems we're always over 150K monthly.  What does that mean exactly.  I'm not an idiot, I get that it means more jobs are created.  How do they get the number?  Is it just a check of social security numbers to see who is earning and who isn't?  Do we know where these numbers are.  My kid just took a 10 hour a week job sitting behind the desk at a tanning salon.   She makes 9 bucks an hour. Complete poverty.  When she works the boat dock down at the Yacht club, she always got paid under the table.  Tips and all, now she's getting paid with taxes taken out etc.  So, if somebody made 80 bucks a week, that's 4500 a year.  Is that considered a "new job" by the way they count things?  And really, is it really a living wage?   Just wondering.
I don't fully know how it's calculated.. and I suspect that the actual numbers are manipulated by various factors in order to achieve a predetermined agenda.

However, I do know that the growth enjoyed during the Obama administration was amazing, especially given the fact that the GOP was determined to oppose him at every turn on everything.

Again, I just want to know if a small job like that is considered "Job Growth".   If it is, and they count things like that it's really kind of bull shit.  80 bucks a week, but she will be recorded by the government of having a job now
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-08, 10:08

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Again, I just want to know if a small job like that is considered "Job Growth".   If it is, and they count things like that it's really kind of bull shit.  80 bucks a week, but she will be recorded by the government of having a job now
Again, "I don't fully know how it's calculated"..

Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-08, 10:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Again, "I don't fully know how it's calculated"..

Wink

Yeah, I'm not trying to be difficult.    I just think that if our government is actually counting things like that and administrations are using it for political gain, or the opposition party uses the numbers for political gain, it's really kind of foolish.  But I'm thinking that her "job" will be counted, even though her friend, who was working  20 hours, asked her boss if she could split her hours with my kid and the owner said sure.  So, those 20 hours are now two tens.   

I'm way over thinking this, but wanted to know if they counted my daughters stuff as a "new job".  And I get you don't know Bob.  Asking the board.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-08, 10:29

Again, wags, Bob does not know.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-12-08, 10:36

Amazingly I haven't heard much about the 'true' unemployment rate that we had during Obama's administration. According to the right unemployment was around 25% because of all the people who just gave up and no longer looked for a job or collected unemployment benefits. I'm sure that all cleared up in the last 6 months.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-08, 10:43

Crazy how that works intensity
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-08, 11:02

Yeah, none of us know.   But if they're calling my kids job "job growth", that's about as silly as it gets.   However, she has, for the first time in her life, now been taxed, and paid through a payroll.  I  guarantee its one of the "gains'.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-08, 11:05

Here you go dwags I didn’t read it because I don’t really care that much

https://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/6thfloor/2012/06/22/how-is-the-monthly-jobs-report-actually-calculated/?referer=

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-08, 11:14

My kid works in East Lansing. Thankfully, she's been working there for 2+ years, so her "job growth" reflected positively during the Obama administration.

Ya know.. back when the "real" unemployment rate was are 40%.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-12-08, 11:29

I just remember when the Clinton administration was in The White House job growth of less than 350K was called pawltry by the GOP.

Now 220K is MAGA
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-08, 14:42

looks like 2017 has had the worst yearly job growth since 2012.

#MAGA
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-08, 16:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:#MAGA!!

lol, better than bumping the numbers thread, eh?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-08, 18:06

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:#MAGA!!

lol, better than bumping the numbers thread, eh?
I'm all for making America white again!!!

#TrumpTrain
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-08, 18:07

Oh, wait..

America is losing jobs under the sexual predator? Nevermind.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down