Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pfizero says “F**k it, we give up trying to find a cure for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s”. To costly, no promise.

4 posters

Go down

Pfizero says “F**k it, we give up trying to find a cure for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s”.  To costly, no promise.  Empty Pfizero says “F**k it, we give up trying to find a cure for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s”. To costly, no promise.

Post by DWags 2018-01-07, 20:11

I guess they’ll leave it to small start ups and venture investors, but they don’t think it’s worth the R&D money to try to figure it out.
Layoffs coming because of it.

Sorry Goose, Floyd, tGreenway, we’re screwed.
Either they think it’s too costly or they think it’s impossible.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Pfizero says “F**k it, we give up trying to find a cure for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s”.  To costly, no promise.  Empty Re: Pfizero says “F**k it, we give up trying to find a cure for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s”. To costly, no promise.

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-07, 20:20

We're probably 200 years away from fixing this, DWags, and that's if Trump doesn't blow us up first.

The human brain is just too complex.

OTOH, maybe after the singularity in 2027 AI will figure it out for us.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Pfizero says “F**k it, we give up trying to find a cure for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s”.  To costly, no promise.  Empty Re: Pfizero says “F**k it, we give up trying to find a cure for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s”. To costly, no promise.

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-01-07, 21:00

Alzheimers is a cruel ass disease. Fuck that shit.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-07, 22:02

gHost Spartan wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:Alzheimers is a cruel ass disease. Fuck that shit.

And dementia -

My father has I guess both and his mind is rapidly deteriorating. Took him to lunch two weekends ago and he looked at me and said "son, I'm losing it... my mind is gone." It was so fucking sad. Yesterday I was driving him home and he asked me where his girlfriend and her car were. I tried to redirect him but it didn't work then he started to get angry. Just can't reason with them during these episodes. Fucking so goddam cruel - my dad is physically fine but his mind is done.

Sorry to hear that, gHost. I haven't seen anybody I love go through that, so I can't even imagine what that must be like
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-01-07, 22:23

gHost Spartan wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:Alzheimers is a cruel ass disease. Fuck that shit.

And dementia -

My father has I guess both and his mind is rapidly deteriorating. Took him to lunch two weekends ago and he looked at me and said "son, I'm losing it... my mind is gone." It was so fucking sad. Yesterday I was driving him home and he asked me where his girlfriend and her car were. I tried to redirect him but it didn't work then he started to get angry. Just can't reason with them during these episodes. Fucking so goddam cruel - my dad is physically fine but his mind is done.

My wife's grandpa died of it a few years back. They had to put him in a nursing home because he was accusing her grandma of cheating on him and trying to steal all their money. Her grandma was battling lung cancer at the time. Horrible situation all around. He was a great guy, and the disease completely stole his identity and turned him into a angry, confused person and then took his life. I hate that shit.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-07, 23:04

It's a brutal disease. No blood relatives have had it, but I also don't know the health history of my paternal grandfather because he split when my dad was a boy. I've seen relatives through marriage go through it and it's horrible. Sorry you're going through this, gHost.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-07, 23:06

Oh, and DWags, I don't know if you're going to experience dementia, but you're definitely demented.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-08, 03:23

tGreenWay wrote:Oh, and DWags, I don't know if you're going to experience dementia, but you're definitely demented.

Yeah my grandma had it at 95. Horrifying. Wish they would t give up on it, but it’s not my money. If Pfizer says screw it, I’m pretty sure we’re not near anything.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down