Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone here have an emotional support animal?

+11
WhiteBoyHatcher
Nordic
Cameron
Izzo Court
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
MSU addict
Floyd Robertson
CORNER BLITZ
Robert J Sakimano
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Does anyone here have an emotional support animal? Empty Does anyone here have an emotional support animal?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 08/02/18, 03:05 pm

I heard about the one lady and her emotional support peacock.

Then there's this poor girl with her emotional support hamster that Spirit wouldn't let her fly with and made her flush down a toilet. I hope Spirit's CEO never has to fly anywhere without an emotional support animal, I'm sure it's devastating.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article198971069.html
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Does anyone here have an emotional support animal? Empty Re: Does anyone here have an emotional support animal?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 08/02/18, 03:07 pm

I like my cat more than I probably should.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Does anyone here have an emotional support animal? Empty Re: Does anyone here have an emotional support animal?

Post by CORNER BLITZ 08/02/18, 03:09 pm

why didn't she just put it up her ass like gHost does when he travels?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 08/02/18, 03:09 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:why didn't she just put it up her ass like gHost does when he travels?

Does anyone here have an emotional support animal? 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 08/02/18, 03:14 pm

Does anyone here have an emotional support animal? 502811600

I think they should charge her with animal cruelty.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 08/02/18, 03:29 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I like my cat more than I probably should.

Same here. After a shitty day of work the cat is always there to greet me...never judges and is loyal. It sometimes blows my mind that we cohabitate with another species, but having a pet is one of the great simple pleasures of life. I'd rank it above washing your ass in the shower.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 08/02/18, 03:42 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I like my cat more than I probably should.

Same here. After a shitty day of work the cat is always there to greet me...never judges and is loyal. It sometimes blows my mind that we cohabitate with another species, but having a pet is one of the great simple pleasures of life. I'd rank it above washing your ass in the shower.
my cat is truly cooler than any human I know.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 08/02/18, 03:54 pm

Yes, I have 3 emotional support animals.  Ok, really just a shameless reason to post a pic of my wolf pack.

Does anyone here have an emotional support animal? 108210
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 08/02/18, 03:58 pm

Who flushes a live animal down a toilet. Fuck her.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 08/02/18, 04:10 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Who flushes a live animal down a toilet. Fuck her.

This whole story smells fishy.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 08/02/18, 04:11 pm

Senior Dickfist wrote:Yes, I have 3 emotional support animals.  Ok, really just a shameless reason to post a pic of my wolf pack.

That's a great crew!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 08/02/18, 04:16 pm

Nice shepherds and....whatever that other thing is.

I kind of want to get a Great Dane but I think I'm going to enjoy being #vetfree for a few more months.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 08/02/18, 04:21 pm

Thanks, Steve and WBH. The other thing is our little rescue Chowder the Chihuahua. Got her from a crazy lady.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 08/02/18, 04:23 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Nice shepherds and....whatever that other thing is.

I kind of want to get a Great Dane but I think I'm going to enjoy being #vetfree for a few more months.

I pass one on my jogging route all the time. They are really cool dogs. I want to get a shepherd...I've never had a dog and I finally have a good set-up where I can get one. I want to rescue though. This thread is good inspiration, maybe I'll pitch it out to here tonight that we should get a dog this spring.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/02/18, 04:29 pm

Senior Dickfist wrote:Thanks, Steve and WBH. The other thing is our little rescue Chowder the Chihuahua. Got her from a crazy lady.

So your wife had the Chihuahua you married her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 08/02/18, 04:33 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:Thanks, Steve and WBH. The other thing is our little rescue Chowder the Chihuahua. Got her from a crazy lady.

Lol
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 08/02/18, 04:39 pm

Steve, I'm all for rescuing, case in point the Chihuahua, but I'd be careful rescuing a shepherd.  The reason being is that, due to their popularity, there are a lot of bad breeders out there.  These bad breeders don't take into account or research the genetic health of their breeding stock resulting in diseases such as hip dysplasia, degenerative mylopathy, megaesophagus, cancer, etc.  

I bought my first german shepherd from someone I consider, in hindsight, to be a bad breeder.  I was young and didn't put in the work to learn about common diseases in the breed and what to look for in a good breeder.  The dog was a great, great dog, but ended up with cancer, which we cured, but ultimately died to to degenerative mylopathy, which is genetic and can be tested to see if the breeding dog has the genes for the disease.

I know I'm a little of topic here, but I just wanted to throw that out there so that you are aware.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 08/02/18, 04:40 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:Thanks, Steve and WBH.  The other thing is our little rescue Chowder the Chihuahua.  Got her from a crazy lady.

Ha!  Actually, I'm the crazy one in our relationship.

Edit: I guess you can say she's crazy since she married me.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 08/02/18, 04:55 pm

I only have goose
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 08/02/18, 04:57 pm

Senior Dickfist wrote:Yes, I have 3 emotional support animals.  Ok, really just a shameless reason to post a pic of my wolf pack.

This is you in March, looking across your backyard after all the snow melts.
Does anyone here have an emotional support animal? YRO9z8n
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 08/02/18, 05:35 pm

I have emotional support bourbon.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 08/02/18, 05:38 pm

[/quote]

This is you in March, looking across your backyard after all the snow melts.
Does anyone here have an emotional support animal? YRO9z8n[/quote]

Yes, I absolutely dread the swampy yard. They pretty much already fucked up the yard last summer.

Edit: if you're referring to the lawn cigars they leave behind, we are outside when they are and pick up after them immediately.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/02/18, 07:00 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I heard about the one lady and her emotional support peacock.

Then there's this poor girl with her emotional support hamster that Spirit wouldn't let her fly with and made her flush down a toilet. I hope Spirit's CEO never has to fly anywhere without an emotional support animal, I'm sure it's devastating.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article198971069.html

Saw a smoking hot mid-30s Scottsdale chick walking through Sky Harbor with a Great Dane "service dog" Does anyone here have an emotional support animal? 2130724145

Did she have a penis?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 08/02/18, 10:17 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I heard about the one lady and her emotional support peacock.

Saw a smoking hot mid-30s Scottsdale chick walking through Sky Harbor with a Great Dane "service dog" Does anyone here have an emotional support animal? 2130724145

What is your basis for strongly implying that this service dog was not legitimate?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 08/02/18, 10:21 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Who flushes a live animal down a toilet. Fuck her.

Pretty much this. I can't fathom flushing a live animal that I actually cared for down a toilet, simply to make a flight. I didn't read the whole article because it was stupid, but I can't imagine the medical circumstances or whatever where so extenuating that it was impossible to take a later flight and work shit out.

Also, hamsters are stupid pets for stupid people. Have you ever met an intelligent person with a pet hamster? I haven't.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 08/02/18, 10:29 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Pretty much this. I can't fathom flushing a live animal that I actually cared for down a toilet, simply to make a flight. I didn't read the whole article because it was stupid, but I can't imagine the medical circumstances or whatever where so extenuating that it was impossible to take a later flight and work shit out.

Also, hamsters are stupid pets for stupid people. Have you ever met an intelligent person with a pet hamster? I haven't.
Einstein actually had pet hamsters

Link?

Also, please respond to my other post.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 08/02/18, 10:42 pm

Senior Dickfist wrote:Steve, I'm all for rescuing, case in point the Chihuahua, but I'd be careful rescuing a shepherd.  The reason being is that, due to their popularity, there are a lot of bad breeders out there.  These bad breeders don't take into account or research the genetic health of their breeding stock resulting in diseases such as hip dysplasia, degenerative mylopathy, megaesophagus, cancer, etc.  

I bought my first german shepherd from someone I consider, in hindsight, to be a bad breeder.  I was young and didn't put in the work to learn about common diseases in the breed and what to look for in a good breeder.  The dog was a great, great dog, but ended up with cancer, which we cured, but ultimately died to to degenerative mylopathy, which is genetic and can be tested to see if the breeding dog has the genes for the disease.

I know I'm a little of topic here, but I just wanted to throw that out there so that you are aware.

Thanks for this info. since it would be my first dog this is good advice. The cat I adopted has some health issues and I took it because of the low chance of anyone else adopting it. I’d like to do the same for a pet dog as well but then again since it’ would be my first one it’s probably best I get a dog that’s in good shape and comes from good genes. I bet if I found a good adoption org they could hekp out with this.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 08/02/18, 11:08 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:Steve, I'm all for rescuing, case in point the Chihuahua, but I'd be careful rescuing a shepherd.  The reason being is that, due to their popularity, there are a lot of bad breeders out there.  These bad breeders don't take into account or research the genetic health of their breeding stock resulting in diseases such as hip dysplasia, degenerative mylopathy, megaesophagus, cancer, etc.  

Thanks for this info. since it would be my first dog this is good advice. The cat I adopted has some health issues and I took it because of the low chance of anyone else adopting it. I’d like to do the same for a pet dog as well but then again since it’ would be my first one it’s probably best I get a dog that’s in good shape and comes from good genes. I bet if I found a good adoption org they could hekp out with this.

There are people out there who will shame anyone who gets a pet (especially a dog) from anywhere other than a shelter. Those people have good intentions, but most of them are sanctimonious douchebags. There are plenty of great, healthy dogs available for rescue. There are also tons of sick and/or poorly socialized and somewhat dangerous dogs out there. It can be extremely difficult to know which is which, and some of the rescues are rather unethical in what they tell potential adopters about the temperament and medical history of any given animal. Some of the best dogs I've ever met came from shelters. Some of the worst dogs I've ever met also came from shelters. It's really a roll of the dice.

That's not to say that dogs from breeders are perfect. It is extremely important to look into a breeder's operation to know whether or not they are ethical and produce good pets. There are shitloads of breeders out there who will lie their asses off to make a sale. A good rule of thumb is to be sure that you can meet both parents of any puppy you are considering. Documented health testing is also a good sign (this can vary greatly by breed, and research into the specific breed you are considering is always a good idea). A breeder who has many breeds is also something to be wary of. Most reputable breeders specialize in one breed, maybe two.

Bottom line, there is no such thing as too much research when buying a pet. Puppy mills are absolutely horrific, and depressingly common. Anyone buying a pet ought to be willing to do enough due diligence to at least be sure that they are not giving money to puppy mills. Most people don't know enough to do this, and many of those who do know enough are too lazy to do so, which is maddening.

Last edited by Cameron on 09/02/18, 04:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 08/02/18, 11:16 pm

I bought my dog (RIP) from a breeder. I had narrowed in on a very specific and somewhat rare breed and at the time (2004) there weren't the resources available online to locate animals the same way you can today via rescue. Actually I am not sure you could do the same today even. Let me check and see if I can find a rescue puppy that is a female Greater Swiss Mountain Dog.

Not really. I found some mixes, a couple of them 1 and under.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 14/03/18, 10:04 pm

Wow so United killed a dog. Brilliant.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/iowa/tragedy-a-united-flight-attendant-forced-a-passenger-to-put-their-dog-in-the-overhead-bin-and-the-dog-died
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/03/18, 10:08 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Wow so United killed a dog. Brilliant.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/iowa/tragedy-a-united-flight-attendant-forced-a-passenger-to-put-their-dog-in-the-overhead-bin-and-the-dog-died

And 2/3rds of the dogs that died on planes last year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 15/03/18, 06:04 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Wow so United killed a dog. Brilliant.

Not a good week for United. Toto was supposed to be in Kansas but was sent to Japan instead.

Dog bound for Kansas mistakenly shipped to Japan via United Airlines
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 15/03/18, 09:46 am

Wow, United sucks. #delta
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 15/03/18, 10:01 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I bought my dog (RIP) from a breeder. I had narrowed in on a very specific and somewhat rare breed and at the time (2004) there weren't the resources available online to locate animals the same way you can today via rescue. Actually I am not sure you could do the same today even. Let me check and see if I can find a rescue puppy that is a female Greater Swiss Mountain Dog.

Did you have a Bernese Mountain dog? My wife’s aunt has one and that’s an amazing dog. So chill.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 15/03/18, 10:08 am

That sucks about the dog on that flight. Just awful.

I have to say I’ve had two negative experiences with emotional support dogs at restaurants. One was making high pitch yelps under the table and I was at a Mexican restaurant and there was a really hyper poodle that was moving freely around their table looking for scraps. It was one of those circus type dogs and that would stand up and beg. Bottom line I think this support dog thing needs to be reigned in a bit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 24/01/19, 03:53 pm

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2019/01/24/man-says-emotional-support-alligator-helps-depression/38948797/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 24/01/19, 04:11 pm

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I bought my dog (RIP) from a breeder. I had narrowed in on a very specific and somewhat rare breed and at the time (2004) there weren't the resources available online to locate animals the same way you can today via rescue. Actually I am not sure you could do the same today even. Let me check and see if I can find a rescue puppy that is a female Greater Swiss Mountain Dog.

Did you have a Bernese Mountain dog? My wife’s aunt has one and that’s an amazing dog. So chill.

Had a Bernese mix. Awesome dog. Incredibly freindly. But like most Bernese she only lived 9 years. Tough getting another when their life expectancy is so short.

I've never had a gator.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 24/01/19, 04:26 pm

Nordic wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Had a Bernese mix. Awesome dog. Incredibly freindly. But like most Bernese she only lived 9 years. Tough getting another when their life expectancy is so short.

I've never had a gator.

Yeah, this dog is getting older. I think she’s around 9 and got to see her around Christmas. Still moving well which is good but has slowed down a bit. My mother in laws dog is also getting up there. He’s getting deaf and he had a seizure just before Christmas.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 24/01/19, 04:30 pm

Mine lived to be about 12.5. Same size, but cousin breed. Short hair.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 24/01/19, 04:37 pm

Also, seeing Senior Dickfists post about his dogs. I made another pitch to the wife to get a dog this year and not going to happen anytime soon. We are gone a lot so it's probably for the best but hoping that changes.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next