Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another yahoo article with more MSU/Bridges references

+6
tGreenWay
MattyFresh
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
NigelUno
10 posters

Go down

Another yahoo article with more MSU/Bridges references Empty Another yahoo article with more MSU/Bridges references

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 23:09

Black market diaries: Emails in hoops corruption case detail inner workings of sport's underbelly

Dawkins, 24, provides a roadmap for the quid-pro-quo relationship between the agent world and college coaches. He dangles a high school prospect – five-star recruit Brian Bowen – as potential trade bait for schools to steer their best players to ASM Sports. On the same July day, Dawkins wrote to Miller that he connected with two Big Ten assistants, Dwayne Stephens of Michigan State and Chuck Martin, formerly of Indiana.

The email recounts the interactions from Dawkins’ perspective:

“Dwayne Stephens – Trying to close the deal on Brian Bowen for Michigan State. Trying to do a trade deal for (Spartans) Gary Harris, Miles Bridges, etc”

I think this is why Bowen didn't go to MSU.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Another yahoo article with more MSU/Bridges references Empty Re: Another yahoo article with more MSU/Bridges references

Post by DWags 2018-02-23, 23:12

Fuck all of that shit. Izzo walks. Our program walks. Our team gets to the FF. Everyone hates us except us. Great. Fuck them all.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Another yahoo article with more MSU/Bridges references Empty Re: Another yahoo article with more MSU/Bridges references

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 23:13

I’m actually finding this super interesting to learn about/follow. Huh.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 23:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m actually finding this super interesting to learn about/follow. Huh.

Bowen was getting shopped in exchange for Miles signing with ASM.  I think we backed out.

That's my take.

And Gary Harris is with CAA, so obviously any "trade" to get him to ASM didn't work.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-23, 23:21

Honestly all I can take from this was that Dawkins was super imaginative in his expense reports.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-23, 23:21

Can't back out if you were never in.

That was Dawkins dream not reality.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-23, 23:24

meh
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 23:25

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m actually finding this super interesting to learn about/follow. Huh.

Bowen was getting shopped in exchange for Miles signing with ASM.  I think we backed out.

That's my take.

And Gary Harris is with CAA, so obviously any "trade" to get him to ASM didn't work.

Yeah this is a point for MSU
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 23:28

LooseGoose wrote:Can't back out if you were never in.

That was Dawkins dream not reality.

We backed out of recruiting him.

Sorry that went over your head.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-23, 23:30

And here's Nigel, trying to start a fight where there isn't one.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 23:33

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:And here's Nigel, trying to start a fight where there isn't one.

Goose responded to my post. Maybe you missed that part.

Appreciate you trying to police my posts though.

Thanks again.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-23, 23:35

I saw it Nigel. It was not a personal affront to you. I'm not trying to police you but Jesus you fucking love to start arguments. And continue them. Maybe you should smoke some weed with Goose.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 23:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I saw it Nigel. It was not a personal affront to you. I'm not trying to police you but Jesus you fucking love to start arguments. And continue them. Maybe you should smoke some weed with Goose.

I explained what I meant.

How the fuck did I start an argument when Goose responded to me?

Do you miss all the bullshit comments he makes all day?

Because I sure as hell don't catch you making many snide comments about those.

It's cool. You and Death Roe make a good team.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 23:40

we need a swill bouncer to throw people out when they start fighting Another yahoo article with more MSU/Bridges references Anigif_enhanced-buzz-25183-1388704824-7
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-23, 23:41

Goose went off the reservation today, no doubt.

Sorry, just calling it like I see it.

I'm done having that conversation here. Let's talk about how dirty MSU is.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-23, 23:54

Poor Nigie maybe he should start a 7th thread today on this probe.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-23, 23:55

thats the thing, this feels very TOB to have 25 threads regarding the same story
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-24, 00:13

If you guys could trade current posters for old posters, and potentially throw in a dinner at applebees or mo petes mo sports bar - what would the trade be?

I'm trading current poster Guest & a 2for$20 applebees dinner

for

Antin & SD256
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-24, 00:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:If you guys could trade current posters for old posters, and potentially throw in a dinner at applebees or mo petes mo sports bar - what would the trade be?

for

Antin & SD256

I’d just want a fucking cap. I definitely wouldn’t want to trade the username thing for an anti-Semite. But that’s just me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-24, 01:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:If you guys could trade current posters for old posters, and potentially throw in a dinner at applebees or mo petes mo sports bar - what would the trade be?

for

Antin & SD256

Hey! You sonuvabitch! I want to fight you right now!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-24, 01:13

What the fuck man?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-24, 02:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:What the fuck man?

OTPT is freaking mean, man.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-02-24, 06:43

for

Antin & SD256

Another yahoo article with more MSU/Bridges references 502811600
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-24, 08:06

for

Antin & SD256

Guest isn't worth it. Pass.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-24, 08:29

I would trade OTPT and a $5 burger meal at Dagwood's for Optiking.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-02-24, 09:02

20 bucks at Applebee's is a warm up for me.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2018-02-24, 09:48

DWags wrote:

for

Antin & SD256

I’d just want a fucking cap. I definitely wouldn’t want to trade the username thing for an anti-Semite. But that’s just me.
JFC, I haven't posted on this board in what feels like a couple of years and this motherfucker was asking for a cap back then and is still asking for a cap now. Can someone just get this motherfucker a goddamn cap for Christ's sake?
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-02-24, 09:49

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

for

Antin & SD256

Guest isn't worth it. Pass.

:-(
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-24, 09:52

Code_Warrior wrote:
DWags wrote:

JFC, I haven't posted on this board in what feels like a couple of years and this motherfucker was asking for a cap back then and is still asking for a cap now. Can someone just get this motherfucker a goddamn cap for Christ's sake?

Um... nah.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2018-02-24, 10:01

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

Um... nah.
Another yahoo article with more MSU/Bridges references 502811600
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-24, 10:27

Code_Warrior wrote:
DWags wrote:

Lol
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-24, 11:10

Seth Davis Verified account @SethDavisHoops 27m27 minutes ago
More
NCAA president Mark Emmert will appear live in our CBS studio during our Inside College Basketball show starting at 12:30 pm ET.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down