Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In case it hasn't been posted here. Mackinaw Bridge Northern Lights.

+5
steveschneider
The Pantry
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
9 posters

Go down

In case it hasn't been posted here.  Mackinaw Bridge Northern Lights.   Empty In case it hasn't been posted here. Mackinaw Bridge Northern Lights.

Post by DWags 2018-05-07, 12:44

Saw  this on my facebook feed.  I'm guessing it has been posted before.  You tube says it's only 2 hours old, but I think this was last fall.  Anyway, pretty cool

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

In case it hasn't been posted here.  Mackinaw Bridge Northern Lights.   Empty Re: In case it hasn't been posted here. Mackinaw Bridge Northern Lights.

Post by Guest 2018-05-07, 12:55

DWags wrote:Saw  this on my facebook feed.  I'm guessing it has been posted before.  You tube says it's only 2 hours old, but I think this was last fall.  Anyway, pretty cool

I'll pray that Bob sees the wonders of nature like those whenever he makes his inevitable journey North.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

In case it hasn't been posted here.  Mackinaw Bridge Northern Lights.   Empty Re: In case it hasn't been posted here. Mackinaw Bridge Northern Lights.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-07, 13:49

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:Saw  this on my facebook feed.  I'm guessing it has been posted before.  You tube says it's only 2 hours old, but I think this was last fall.  Anyway, pretty cool

I'll pray that Bob sees the wonders of nature like those whenever he makes his inevitable journey North.
I saw the northern lights just once in my jesus-blessed 48 years on the planet (praise be to god).

I was running north on the Northern Tier Trail in East Lansing - near the McNeighborhood of Hawks Nest - and it was about 4:45 in the morning.. there was this foggy light that looked alive (praise be to god) ahead of me.. was kind of gold-ish and then turned a little green (GO GREEN) and I thought it was just the haze from city streets. Then I was like "yo, dawg - they ain't no city streets up there".. so I looked up again and watched.. made it to State Road and turned back to run south. I thought "I may have just seen the northern lights" - I looked over my shoulder and they were gone.

it was pretty fly.

(praise be to god).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-05-09, 21:32

Tried to get this to work. Someone else not on mobile can edit, maybe.
https://gfycat.com/UnripeJaggedHorse
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-09, 23:32

InTenSity wrote:Tried to get this to work. Someone else not on mobile can edit, maybe.
Very cool. Bob doesn't know what he's missing.

Picture this. Bob venturing north of M-10 I-69 for the first time in his life. Him hopping on Goose's new party bus for a trip to the UP.

Guessing the conversation would be lively until the last exit to Mackinaw City, after which Bob would close his eyes tightly for 10 minutes until Goose assured him they were safely in St. Ignace. They hit a party store for Pabst, then Lehto's for Bob's first pasty. Goose telling Bob he is officially up North.

Could make a movie
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-10, 06:31

The Pantry wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Tried to get this to work. Someone else not on mobile can edit, maybe.
Very cool. Bob doesn't know what he's missing.

Picture this. Bob venturing north of M-10 I-69 for the first time in his life. Him hopping on Goose's new party bus for a trip to the UP.

Guessing the conversation would be lively until the last exit to Mackinaw City, after which Bob would close his eyes tightly for 10 minutes until Goose assured him they were safely in St. Ignace. They hit a party store for Pabst, then Lehto's for Bob's first pasty. Goose telling Bob he is officially up North.

Could make a movie
In case it hasn't been posted here.  Mackinaw Bridge Northern Lights.   502811600

I have a feeling Goose and I could have a good time. He'd probably sit there nagging at me as I acted all goofy. Maybe a Skipper/Gilligan type thing.

Oh, and I'd watch the movie. I'd even be a consultant for it.

I'll think of who I'd want to play me. Hmm..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-05-10, 07:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I saw the northern lights just once in my jesus-blessed 48 years on the planet (praise be to god).

I was running north on the Northern Tier Trail in East Lansing - near the McNeighborhood of Hawks Nest - and it was about 4:45 in the morning.. there was this foggy light that looked alive (praise be to god) ahead of me.. was kind of gold-ish and then turned a little green (GO GREEN) and I thought it was just the haze from city streets. Then I was like "yo, dawg - they ain't no city streets up there".. so I looked up again and watched.. made it to State Road and turned back to run south. I thought "I may have just seen the northern lights" - I looked over my shoulder and they were gone.

it was pretty fly.

(praise be to god).

Haha!

I saw them once couldn’t tell if someone had slipped lsd in my drink or if it was sewer gas coming off the grand river. I can see how people back in the days before electricity might think it’s god giving them a sign.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-09-02, 18:09

A gallery of Mackinac Bridge photos showing the gateway to Pantry's Up North.

30 soul-stirring photos of Michigan's beloved Mackinac Bridge

In case it hasn't been posted here.  Mackinaw Bridge Northern Lights.   Mack-f10
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-09-02, 18:43

LooseGoose wrote:A gallery of Mackinac Bridge photos showing the gateway to Pantry's Up North.

In case it hasn't been posted here.  Mackinaw Bridge Northern Lights.   Mack-f10

Is one of the photos the blue Yugo underneath the bridge? If not, I'm not looking.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-02, 18:47

LooseGoose wrote:A gallery of Mackinac Bridge photos showing the gateway to Pantry's Up North.

That scene makes for a beautiful photograph, but on a license plate? Not so much.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-09-02, 18:54

tGreenWay wrote:

That scene makes for a beautiful photograph, but on a license plate? Not so much.

You shut your whore ohio mouth.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-02, 18:56

kingstonlake wrote:

Is one of the photos the blue Yugo underneath the bridge? If not, I'm not looking.

Dude, that’s cold.

In case it hasn't been posted here.  Mackinaw Bridge Northern Lights.   4113017228 Almost as cold as the water at the bottom of the Straits where the Yugo ended up.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-02, 18:57

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You shut your whore ohio mouth.

Ohio? Them’s fightin words.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-09-02, 19:08

I'm sorry Greenway.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-02, 19:11

kingstonlake wrote:I'm sorry Greenway.

It’s okay, but do you really think the most recent Michigan bridge plate looks good? I think it looks awful. The previous version was much better looking.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-09-02, 19:16

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I'm sorry Greenway.

It’s okay, but do you really think the most recent Michigan bridge plate looks good? I think it looks awful. The previous version was much better looking.

I like the old one slightly better.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-02, 19:29

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

IMO, the new one with the dominate yellow background looks like vomit.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-09-02, 21:56

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Yeah, I think so too.  Went with this background

In case it hasn't been posted here.  Mackinaw Bridge Northern Lights.   5w6m3j10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-09-02, 22:02

In case it hasn't been posted here.  Mackinaw Bridge Northern Lights.   Mdpzs010
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-02, 22:21

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

In case it hasn't been posted here.  Mackinaw Bridge Northern Lights.   5w6m3j10

That’s just a very good looking plate. The yellow one is turrible.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-09-03, 09:12

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

I've got the orangish/yellow one with white letters. That's not too bad, they ruined it with the black letters.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-09-03, 10:25

I got the yellow one when they forced me to get rid of my old one. Embrace change people.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-03, 10:26

Jake from State Farm wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I've got the orangish/yellow one with white letters. That's not too bad, they ruined it with the black letters.

I remember reading about the change. The police were pissed because they couldn’t read the plates with white lettering, hence the switch to black.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-09-03, 10:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I got the yellow one when they forced me to get rid of my old one. Embrace change people.

Pylon level philosophy.

"Embrace change" right after telling us "they forced me to get rid of my old one".

In case it hasn't been posted here.  Mackinaw Bridge Northern Lights.   294152859

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-09-03, 10:41

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I got the yellow one when they forced me to get rid of my old one. Embrace change people.

Pylon level philosophy.  

"Embrace change" right after telling us "they forced me to get rid of my old one".

In case it hasn't been posted here.  Mackinaw Bridge Northern Lights.   294152859

From the guy that wishes it was 1950...
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-03, 10:44

You should’ve gotten the Spartan plate, you cheap bastard.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-09-03, 11:05

tGreenWay wrote:

I already have the Spartan head logo on the tailgate. Two of them is a bit of overkill don't you think?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-03, 11:18

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I already have the Spartan head logo on the tailgate. Two of them is a bit of overkill don't you think?

So you only show your support for MSU when you break out the tailgate? I would be damn proud to double bill my automobile and tailgate. If anything, the Spartan plate should be on your daily ride. I’m sorry you don’t love your school as much as I do.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down