Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember the tax cuts that were going to ruin the country?

4 posters

Go down

Remember the tax cuts that were going to ruin the country? Empty Remember the tax cuts that were going to ruin the country?

Post by Guest 2018-05-08, 08:52

As usual the Dems/Libs were wrong.

April was best month in history for U.S. budget, according to CBO figures

The federal government took in a record tax haul in April en route to its biggest-ever monthly budget surplus, the Congressional Budget Office said, as a surging economy left Americans with more money in their paychecks — and this more to pay to Uncle Sam.

All told the government collected $515 billion and spent $297 billion, for a total monthly surplus of $218 billion. That swamped the previous monthly record of $190 billion, set in 2001.

CBO analysts were surprised by the surplus, which was some $40 billion more than they’d guessed at less than a month ago.

Analysts said they’ll have a better idea of what’s behind the surge as more information rolls in, but for now said it looks like individual taxpayers are paying more because they have higher incomes.

...and they think they're going to sweep the mid terms too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Remember the tax cuts that were going to ruin the country? Empty Re: Remember the tax cuts that were going to ruin the country?

Post by DWags 2018-05-08, 09:03

LooseGoose wrote:As usual the Dems/Libs were wrong.

The federal government took in a record tax haul in April en route to its biggest-ever monthly budget surplus, the Congressional Budget Office said, as a surging economy left Americans with more money in their paychecks — and this more to pay to Uncle Sam.

All told the government collected $515 billion and spent $297 billion, for a total monthly surplus of $218 billion. That swamped the previous monthly record of $190 billion, set in 2001.

CBO analysts were surprised by the surplus, which was some $40 billion more than they’d guessed at less than a month ago.

Analysts said they’ll have a better idea of what’s behind the surge as more information rolls in, but for now said it looks like individual taxpayers are paying more because they have higher incomes.

That's great.  I think the 2001 was the Clinton surplus.   We need this.  But lets let it roll a bit here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Remember the tax cuts that were going to ruin the country? Empty Re: Remember the tax cuts that were going to ruin the country?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-08, 09:09

thanks for the mainstream media link telling us how great the racist, bigoted sexual predator is, Goose.

you'd almost think the mainstream media wanted him to win.. Remember the tax cuts that were going to ruin the country? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-08, 09:36

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:As usual the Dems/Libs were wrong.

That's great.  I think the 2001 was the Clinton surplus.   We need this.  But lets let it roll a bit here.

Of course it was the Clinton surplus even though Bush was President. Sort of like this is the Obama economy 18 months later. Now it things had gone immediately to hell it would be the Trump economy. ;-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-05-08, 10:34

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Of course it was the Clinton surplus even though Bush was President.  Sort of like this is the Obama economy 18 months later.   Now it things had gone immediately to hell it would be the Trump economy.   ;-)

You seriously dont' remember that surplus that Bush gave back to us?  I think 200 bucks a kid?   Funny, most people paid down debt, they buy that t.v. or washing machine Bush hoped they would.   But, if you think in the first year/ first quarter that the economy changes that much under Bush, I guess that's what you'll think.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-08, 10:56

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Of course it was the Clinton surplus even though Bush was President.  Sort of like this is the Obama economy 18 months later.   Now it things had gone immediately to hell it would be the Trump economy.   ;-)

You seriously dont' remember that surplus that Bush gave back to us?  I think 200 bucks a kid?   Funny, most people paid down debt, they buy that t.v. or washing machine Bush hoped they would.   But, if you think in the first year/ first quarter that the economy changes that much under Bush, I guess that's what you'll think.

To tell you the truth Wags I seriously wasn't paying too much attention for quite a spell in there.

I was working 18+ hour days for months on end at times. Milking 300 and then processing all the milk. It was a pretty crazy time in my life work wise.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-05-08, 11:22

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

To tell you the truth Wags I seriously wasn't paying too much attention for quite a spell in there.

I was working 18+ hour days for months on end at times.   Milking 300 and then processing all the milk.   It was a pretty crazy time in my life work wise.

For every kid we had we either got 200 bucks or 400 bucks back from the government as it was the Clinton Surplus that Bush said "that money is rightfully yours" to the American public.  I didn't disagree with him.  I don'tknow what they did with kidless parents, or single people.  Anyway, I think I'm right in that many people paid down debt and new stuff wasn't bought as much people use income tax to buy new stuff.  It didn't kick start the economy as he had hoped.   That's my recollection.  

Processed the milk?   Hey, I didn't think you did that.   Razz
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-08, 11:33

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I was working 18+ hour days for months on end at times.   Milking 300 and then processing all the milk.   It was a pretty crazy time in my life work wise.

For every kid we had we either got 200 bucks or 400 bucks back from the government as it was the Clinton Surplus that Bush said "that money is rightfully yours" to the American public.  I didn't disagree with him.  I don'tknow what they did with kidless parents, or single people.  Anyway, I think I'm right in that many people paid down debt and new stuff wasn't bought as much people use income tax to buy new stuff.  It didn't kick start the economy as he had hoped.   That's my recollection.  

Processed the milk?   Hey, I didn't think you did that.   Razz

lol, better than mine.   I don't even remember them doing that.  By the time of the Clinton impeachment I'd tuned out of politics for a while.

Processed, not pasteurized my friend.   Made Cheese, Yogurt, Kefir and bottled milk.  Some pasteurized, some not. But always vat pasteurized, the gentlest of your legal pasteurizing methods.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-09, 10:38

my wife and I donated the crumbs we received to Planned Parenthood and an anti-NRA group - we love America too much to allow religious extremist racist, sexist bigots who support sexual predators to ruin it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-09, 11:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:my wife and I donated the crumbs we received to Planned Parenthood and an anti-NRA group - we love America too much to allow religious extremist racist, sexist bigots who support sexual predators to ruin it.

Sorry man you can't tell me you support life while you donate to Planned Parenthood.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-09, 11:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:my wife and I donated the crumbs we received to Planned Parenthood and an anti-NRA group - we love America too much to allow religious extremist racist, sexist bigots who support sexual predators to ruin it.

Sorry man you can't tell me you support life while you donate to Planned Parenthood.
it's cool, dude - we don't have to agree - I feel the same way about "pro life" people who support the NRA and their murder sprees, assault rifles, etc.

I appreciate Planned Parenthood and their cancer/health screenings for the underprivileged that the religious extremists deny them. I think wanting people to have healthcare is pro-life.

Remember the tax cuts that were going to ruin the country? 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-15, 13:23

It's so horrible when Michigan must "face" a surplus.....

Projections: Michigan faces $279M to $348M surplus

Lansing — Michigan income tax and sales tax collections are coming in higher than expected and should give state lawmakers extra money with which to complete the state budget this summer, according to new projections.

Michigan’s House and Senate fiscal agencies are predicting state government will end the current fiscal year with a modest general fund surplus of between $278.5 million $347.9 million.

The non-partisan Senate Fiscal Agency also predicts state government would end the next fiscal year with a $389 million general fund balance under the $56.6 billion 2019 budget the upper chamber approved this month.

The potential surpluses — less than 1 percent of the overall state budget — are largely the result of continued growth in income tax and sales tax collections, which have outpaced projections from January.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-15, 13:34

Cool. My salary hasn't gone up in 5 years.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-15, 14:22

LooseGoose wrote:It's so horrible when Michigan must "face" a surplus.....

Lansing — Michigan income tax and sales tax collections are coming in higher than expected and should give state lawmakers extra money with which to complete the state budget this summer, according to new projections.

Michigan’s House and Senate fiscal agencies are predicting state government will end the current fiscal year with a modest general fund surplus of between $278.5 million $347.9 million.

The non-partisan Senate Fiscal Agency also predicts state government would end the next fiscal year with a $389 million general fund balance under the $56.6 billion 2019 budget the upper chamber approved this month.

The potential surpluses — less than 1 percent of the overall state budget — are largely the result of continued growth in income tax and sales tax collections, which have outpaced projections from January.
thanks for the mainstream media link. Remember the tax cuts that were going to ruin the country? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-15, 15:04

Put the money to fixing the goddamn roads.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-15, 17:31

tGreenWay wrote:

Put the money to fixing the goddamn roads.

You could get elected on that platform.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down