Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when The Rock has a new movie coming out

+9
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Dr. Strangelove
StylesGShmooth
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Death Roe
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bump when The Rock has a new movie coming out Empty Bump when The Rock has a new movie coming out

Post by Dr. Strangelove 5/16/2018, 9:57 pm

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bump when The Rock has a new movie coming out Empty Re: Bump when The Rock has a new movie coming out

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 5/16/2018, 10:08 pm

Anyone that watches movies with him in them contributes to the fall of America (hey, that kinda sounds like a movie he’d be in)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bump when The Rock has a new movie coming out Empty Re: Bump when The Rock has a new movie coming out

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 5/16/2018, 10:22 pm

Give me a break OTPT. Rolling Eyes
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 5/16/2018, 10:31 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Anyone that watches movies with him in them contributes to the fall of America (hey, that kinda sounds like a movie he’d be in)

I'd rather watch The Rock in cheesy/awesome action movies than hipster trash about how local squirrels in the community don't get enough trees in the city to make their homes.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 5/16/2018, 11:10 pm

I like the rock. Mostly because he takes himself so seriously.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 5/16/2018, 11:23 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Give me a break OTPT. Rolling Eyes

I’ve seen you complain about movies that have been coming out lately on this very board. Rock is part of the problem.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 5/16/2018, 11:26 pm

Heh, my complaint is that I like action/adventure movies where I can turn my brain off and all of the action/adventure movies that come out these days are all superhero flicks. Which is just not my genre at all and something I can't get into. But I'm not about to make some cockamamie catch all declaration that if you watch superhero movies you are responsible for the downfall of the country.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 5/16/2018, 11:32 pm

Death Roe wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Anyone that watches movies with him in them contributes to the fall of America (hey, that kinda sounds like a movie he’d be in)

I'd rather watch The Rock in cheesy/awesome action movies than hipster trash about how local squirrels in the community don't get enough trees in the city to make their homes.

Not sure I’ve seen anything like that. Huh.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 5/16/2018, 11:36 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Heh, my complaint is that I like action/adventure movies where I can turn my brain off and all of the action/adventure movies that come out these days are all superhero flicks. Which is just not my genre at all and something I can't get into. But I'm not about to make some cockamamie catch all declaration that if you watch superhero movies you are responsible for the downfall of the country.

Yeah wbh it’s an exaggeration but it’s also a contribution to the simpleton culture these days. That jumanji movie? Rampage? Fast and furious 9? Come the fuck on.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 5/16/2018, 11:55 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Heh, my complaint is that I like action/adventure movies where I can turn my brain off and all of the action/adventure movies that come out these days are all superhero flicks. Which is just not my genre at all and something I can't get into. But I'm not about to make some cockamamie catch all declaration that if you watch superhero movies you are responsible for the downfall of the country.

Yeah wbh it’s an exaggeration but it’s also a contribution to the simpleton culture these days. That jumanji movie? Rampage? Fast and furious 9? Come the fuck on.

The problem is that you see these things through your lens, as a 25 year old. You think "Any 25 year old like I am who wants to see this movie has lost their mind and must be an idiot."

Conversely, I see this through my lens. I am 15 years older than you are with a 8 year old kid. I can easily see in my head a lot of folks who might think a movie like those you listed are "fun" (I mean not Furious, come the fuck on but the others) and not have anything to do with the downfall of society. Jumanji was great fun. Did I derive any sort of divine prophecy out of it? Hell no. But I laughed a few times. I gawked at some hot boobs. I was entertained. Most importantly my kid thought it was very fun. And then I forgot about it.

I actually loved CIA, or whatever it was called, as well. Stupid fun movie. I watched it on a flight for a business trip. It was funny. I ain't gonna apologize for that.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 5/17/2018, 7:42 am

I liked that Earthquake movie he did. It was shit but I have a real thing for Carla Gugino. She and The Rock also did that Witch Mountain movie together.

Wbh hit the nail on the head. Mostly family friendly fare with hot chicks
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 5/17/2018, 3:56 pm

Death Roe wrote:

Not sure I’ve seen anything like that. Huh.

That is an original concept of mine, you cannot steal it.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/17/2018, 4:05 pm

Thank you for rising above the simpletons in America to lead us. We await your instructions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 5/17/2018, 4:08 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I liked that Earthquake movie he did. It was shit but I have a real thing for Carla Gugino. She and The Rock also did that Witch Mountain movie together.

Wbh hit the nail on the head. Mostly family friendly fare with hot chicks

So y’all are trying to tell me that this is the best family friendly shit out there? Man, poor kids.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 5/17/2018, 4:35 pm

Death Roe wrote:

I love squirrels. I love trees. Why do you hate Mother Earth?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/17/2018, 4:37 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Do you like granola?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 5/17/2018, 5:15 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Do you like granola?

With little chunks of dirt, yes. Scrumpdillyicious.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/17/2018, 5:30 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Do you like granola?

I like granola in the morning occasionally as long as it's not that shit that's so hard you'd bust a diamond on it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 5/17/2018, 7:47 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I like granola in the morning occasionally as long as it's not that shit that's so hard you'd bust a diamond on it.

I’m weary of big brand granolas. Like you, I’ve had my share of tooth trauma over the years. A couple of times I’ve bitten into small bits of pecan shells. When I’m in the mood, I’ll find one of those small batch granolas that charges way too much money, but at least it’s high quality and free of things that will crack teeth.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 5/18/2018, 9:21 pm

I find some of his movies entertaining. Plus The Rock is fucking awesome. He's the most down to Earth, nice celeb ever. Goes out of his way to show fans his appreciation.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 5/18/2018, 10:32 pm

StylesGShmooth wrote:I find some of his movies entertaining. Plus The Rock is fucking awesome.  He's the most down to Earth, nice celeb ever.  Goes out of his way to show fans his appreciation.
And he's gonna be elected President after Trump 's second term.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 7/9/2018, 8:05 pm

How soon will you guys go see Skyscraper after it opens this weekend?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 7/9/2018, 8:28 pm

Pretty sure I’ve never seen a movie with the rock in it. No plans to start anytime soon. Next movie I’ll go out to see will likely be the soon to be released Mission Impossible.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 7/9/2018, 8:35 pm

I'm watching jumanji right now. I'm laughing more than I should.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 7/9/2018, 9:40 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:How soon will you guys go see Skyscraper after it opens this weekend?

Just saw it, free screening near me. It was meh. Basically a poor man's version of Die Hard that was modernized and had The Rock.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 7/9/2018, 11:36 pm

Death Roe wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:How soon will you guys go see Skyscraper after it opens this weekend?

Just saw it, free screening near me. It was meh. Basically a poor man's version of Die Hard that was modernized and had The Rock.

That’s what the trailers made it seem like. If I want to watch Die Hard, why would I go with a cheap imitation?
Now I want to watch Die Hard.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 7/10/2018, 12:01 am

Fuck rock movies
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 7/10/2018, 2:47 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fuck rock movies

Heavy Metal was banging, dude.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 7/10/2018, 8:56 am

Just saw he starts shooting Jumanji in January with hart.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 7/10/2018, 9:12 am

The Rock (tm) in: Diehard Except He Has a Prosthetic Leg.

Dun dun dunnnnnnnn!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 7/10/2018, 11:21 am

I was thinking it looked like a cross between Die Hard and Towering Inferno.
Look it up you young 'uns.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 7/10/2018, 11:24 am

I.B. Fine wrote:I was thinking it looked like a cross between Die Hard and Towering Inferno.

Yeah, that's basically right.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 7/10/2018, 11:27 am

I.B. Fine wrote:I was thinking it looked like a cross between Die Hard and Towering Inferno.

Steve McQueen!    "Hey man, you drive just like Steve McQueen".  Old guys should know where that line comes from too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 7/10/2018, 11:28 am

DWags wrote:Just saw he starts shooting Jumanji in January with hart.

I didn't care for that Jumanji. Saw that one for free as well. It was a kid-friendly movie like the first one, but lacked heart. Robin Williams was the man.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 7/10/2018, 1:25 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I’m weary of big brand granolas. Like you, I’ve had my share of tooth trauma over the years. A couple of times I’ve bitten into small bits of pecan shells. When I’m in the mood, I’ll find one of those small batch granolas that charges way too much money, but at least it’s high quality and free of things that will crack teeth.

2 things...

1st, I like The Rock. Seems like a cool dude. Haven't seen many of his movies, but again, the guy seems genuine.

2nd, and the reason I'm actually posting in this thread is regarding granola. There is an Amish store in Ludington next to the Tractor Supply called Country View Bakery. Best granola I've come across.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 7/10/2018, 1:40 pm

Is the Rock cooking the granola?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 7/10/2018, 1:47 pm

Can you eat what the Rock’s been cooking?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 7/10/2018, 1:51 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Can you eat what the Rock’s been cooking?

If you can smell it you can eat it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 7/10/2018, 1:53 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Can you eat what the Rock’s been cooking?

If you can smell it you can eat it.

Too many snarky response opportunities. On overload. Which direction to turn?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 7/10/2018, 1:57 pm

In Moana, there is a part where Hey Hey, the chicken eats a rock. Throughout the whole movie Maui, voiced by the Rock wants to eat the chicken, but never does. So in essence, the chicken eats the rock, but the rock never eats the chicken.
haha
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next