Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?

+10
Herbie Green
WBill
MasonGuy
Albert_Potato
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
The_Dude
MJ
Rodeo Burger
NYSpartan24
CrazySparty
14 posters

Go down

When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?

When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?  Vote_lcap25%When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?  Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 7 ]
When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?  Vote_lcap39%When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?  Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 11 ]
When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?  Vote_lcap18%When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?  Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 5 ]
When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?  Vote_lcap14%When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?  Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?  Vote_lcap4%When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?  Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?  Empty Re: When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-22, 22:18

gHost Spartan wrote:Yeah, I'm pissed about giving up a fucking lame goal when there was literally no time left on the clock but let's put this shit in perspective. When Portugal was up 1-0 and we couldn't put the ball in the back of the net, would you have been happy, at that point, with a draw?

I would've taken a draw when they first announced the groups
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?  Empty Re: When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-22, 22:22

gHost Spartan wrote:

You're a fucking disgrace to USA, pussy.

When Portugal was up 1-0, would you have been okay with a draw?  328670334  
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NYSpartan24 2014-06-23, 00:58

I mean yes. But it's all perspective. It's the same reason why some fans would've been happier with a 1-1 comeback tie than a 2-2 give up a goal in the last minute tie. When you're up 2-1 in stoppage time you need to hold on. Funny enough, the 2-2 helps our odds more than a 1-1 would've.
NYSpartan24
NYSpartan24
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-06-23, 01:06

I would, but only because it's soccer. I'm not a devout fan, but I've realized that soccer players don't really need to win. They flop, they play for ties, they talk about moral victories. I'm not trying to change the sport, it is what it is.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-06-23, 02:22

We were the better team. Deserved the win.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-06-23, 06:24

These polls are bullshit. You can't say that after the fact when the USA had multiple players quit before the game was over.

If you asked that question after Portugal got up 1-0 before USA made it level than yeah. But no, that was beyond disgusting from Bradley and then half the team ball watching in the last 20 seconds. Watch the usmnt get waxed by Germany and not make the knockout round. 3 days rest plus long travel is bullshit. True 50-50 now to get through when it was 99.5% likely to get through with 40 seconds to go vs Portugal.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill S. Preston, Esquire 2014-06-23, 08:03

F Ronaldo. Looked like he didn't even care. I think Portugal knows they're going home. They looked disinterested and we still couldn't put them away.
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert_Potato 2014-06-23, 08:20

I heard some interview w Bradley and it's like it was no big deal to him. Proud of his effort. F U Bradley.
Albert_Potato
Albert_Potato
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2014-06-23, 09:26

We should always plan to win. I was ashamed at the last 40 seconds. The midfield turnover will haunt me for just today. Time to move on and wax the krauts asses.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2014-06-23, 09:31

WWI and WWII. When will those pussies learn?
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-06-23, 09:40

Bill Simmons: Here’s my take Sunday night six hours after my first-ever stomach-punch draw …

People are making a big deal about soccer breaking through in America, thanks to the 2014 World Cup. It’s horseshit, because if this were true, our entire country would be traumatized right now. How do we let that guy behind us for Ronaldo’s desperation cross? How? Did Klinsmann sub in Rahim Moore at the 92-minute mark and I missed it? Miracle soccer goals should have high degrees of difficulty — think Megan Rapinoe to Abby Wambach in 2011, a play that had to go absolutely perfectly in like six different ways just to have a chance to work. Portugal’s second goal was your basic world-class cross coupled with a multi-defender collapse and a well-done header, which would have been fine, you know, except we were 25 seconds away from advancing to the next fucking round. If I watch one more person on TV say, “If you told me before the tournament we’d have four points after two games, I would have taken it,” I’m gonna throw up. We outplayed them and we choked. We could be spending our Monday making Ronaldo jokes, watching YouTube clips of American sports bars reacting to our go-ahead goal, and wondering who would win a fight between Clint Dempsey and Liam Neeson. This sucks.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-06-23, 09:53

If you had told me before the cup started that the USA would have 4 points after 2 games I would have taken it in a heartbeat.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WCS 2014-06-23, 15:22

The USA was dominating this game and then they just let up. It's the letting up part that I'm upset about. I get that the players are fatigued and that Portugal forced the action, but the USA could have been more smart in their action out there late.
WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-06-23, 15:28

gHost Spartan wrote:Yeah, I'm pissed about giving up a fucking lame goal when there was literally no time left on the clock but let's put this shit in perspective. When Portugal was up 1-0 and we couldn't put the ball in the back of the net, would you have been happy, at that point, with a draw?

The correct answer is that in Merica there ain't no such thing as ties or draws.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 2014-06-23, 15:33

MJ wrote:We were the better team.  Deserved the win.

Statistics suggest that no, we were not the better team.

Possession: 52-48 POR
Shots: 21 (7) POR, 15 (5) USA

I thought our second goal was very lucky. Our first goal was simply magical. Incredible strike. However, down 0-1 at half, I would gladly have taken a draw.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-06-23, 23:29

When USA was up 2-1 with less than 30 seconds to go, would you have been okay with a draw?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down