Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like the dove bar, eating popcorn has always been awkward

+9
Robert J Sakimano
y2kMgrad
Cameron
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
13 posters

Go down

Like the dove bar, eating popcorn has always been awkward  Empty Like the dove bar, eating popcorn has always been awkward

Post by DWags 2018-06-16, 23:20

Do you guys go for the three finger and thumb grab of like four or five popped flakes, or do you grab a handful and shove it in with a napkin?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Like the dove bar, eating popcorn has always been awkward  Empty Re: Like the dove bar, eating popcorn has always been awkward

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-17, 00:24

Napkin method sounds like something psychopaths would do
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Like the dove bar, eating popcorn has always been awkward  Empty Re: Like the dove bar, eating popcorn has always been awkward

Post by DWags 2018-06-17, 00:30

You’ve never been drunk and hungry and cooked that shit. But yeah, maybe so.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-06-17, 05:17

Three fingers, thumb. All day.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-06-17, 14:52

is it proper etiquette to extend your pinky finger while doing so?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-17, 15:04

Who eats popcorn with a napkin?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-06-17, 15:15

Yeah never seen a napkin used
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-17, 15:27

So anyway here’s the back story. My wife and eldest are down in Brooklyn yesterday, I’m stuck going up to Bay City to pick a car up with my business partner. Anyway, I get home at like 9:30 and there’s nothing I want to cook in the house that isn’t frozen. But there is liquor. Well I’m buzzed and drunk and had a salad at 12:10 and now it’s 10 hours later so, I make the corn. Well I don’t know it’s like 11:30 or whatevs and I have pit masters BBQ contest on tv watching it by myself. I am famished. Drunk and not caring. They were smoking a whole fucking pig. I’m just destroying that huge bucket of popcorn. Shoving it in. Well my 18 year old comes home with a couple friends walks by me to her room and looks at me and she says “Jesus dad”. Her friends walk by and chuckle and say “hey mr wags”. Well look man, I’m not an animal. But maybe I was shoving a mouthful in and had some grease on my face. I had the napkin and would wipe my face now and again, but it was bad timing as they walked around the corner and saw me shoving the shit in my mouth. So i meekly say, sorry I’m really hungry as they’re walking up stairs and my kid yells “ya think”? Her friends laugh some more.

Look I was hungry and drunk. No way I was doing the three finger thumb method. I needed food in my mouth and stomach. My point is none of you have ever just shoved that salty buttery goodness in your mouth? You’re lying.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-06-17, 15:37

DWags wrote:So anyway here’s the back story. My wife and eldest are down in Brooklyn yesterday, I’m stuck going up to Bay City to pick a car up with my business partner.  Anyway, I get home at like 9:30 and there’s nothing I want to cook in the house that isn’t frozen. But there is liquor. Well I’m buzzed and drunk and had a salad at 12:10 and now it’s 10 hours later so, I make the corn. Well I don’t know it’s like 11:30 or whatevs and I have pit masters BBQ contest on tv watching it by myself.  I am famished. Drunk and not caring. They were smoking a whole fucking pig.  I’m just destroying that huge bucket of popcorn. Shoving it in. Well my 18 year old comes home with a couple friends walks by me to her room and looks at me and she says “Jesus dad”. Her friends walk by and chuckle and say “hey mr wags”. Well look man, I’m not an animal.  But maybe I was shoving a mouthful in and had some grease on my face. I had the napkin and would wipe my face now and again, but it was bad timing as they walked around the corner and saw me shoving the shit in my mouth.  So i meekly say, sorry I’m really hungry as they’re walking up stairs and my kid yells “ya think”?  Her friends laugh some more.  

Look I was hungry and drunk. No way I was doing the three finger thumb method. I needed food in my mouth and stomach. My point is none of you have ever just shoved that salty buttery goodness in your mouth?  You’re lying.
If I'm at a theatre, I'm pacing myself and going 3 finger method.

If I'm at home eating microwave popcorn, I'm housing that stuff by the fistful.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-17, 15:46

Like the dove bar, eating popcorn has always been awkward  502811600 Like the dove bar, eating popcorn has always been awkward  502811600

Great story.

I've definitely shoved fistfuls of popcorn in my mouth before, but never with a napkin. Napkin threw me off. I use my extremely noticeably large hands.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-06-17, 16:03

Like the dove bar, eating popcorn has always been awkward  502811600 Do you shove the Dove bar in with a napkin too?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-17, 16:26

The shoving was with the left hand the napkin was in my right.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-17, 16:33

If you don't perform the three-fingered death clamp on warm, salted, buttery popcorn, you probably have a secret affinity for watching "Say Yes to the Dress" when nobody is around.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-06-17, 16:55

Jenison popcorn was the best.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-07-02, 23:39

I just caught myself eating popcorn by the handful and thought of this thread. Like the dove bar, eating popcorn has always been awkward  502811600
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-07-02, 23:49

Like the dove bar, eating popcorn has always been awkward  502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-07-02, 23:50

Plus, I’m still thinking about DWags getting food-shamed and laughed at by his daughter and her friend. Like the dove bar, eating popcorn has always been awkward  1966794946
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-07-03, 00:04

DWags wrote:The shoving was with the left hand the napkin was in my right.

I originally thought you meant, like...using the napkin to reach in and grab a fistful of popcorn - which is why I was confused
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-07-03, 10:49

Like the dove bar, eating popcorn has always been awkward  502811600
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-07-03, 12:48

DWags wrote:So anyway here’s the back story. My wife and eldest are down in Brooklyn yesterday, I’m stuck going up to Bay City to pick a car up with my business partner.  Anyway, I get home at like 9:30 and there’s nothing I want to cook in the house that isn’t frozen. But there is liquor. Well I’m buzzed and drunk and had a salad at 12:10 and now it’s 10 hours later so, I make the corn. Well I don’t know it’s like 11:30 or whatevs and I have pit masters BBQ contest on tv watching it by myself.  I am famished. Drunk and not caring. They were smoking a whole fucking pig.  I’m just destroying that huge bucket of popcorn. Shoving it in. Well my 18 year old comes home with a couple friends walks by me to her room and looks at me and she says “Jesus dad”. Her friends walk by and chuckle and say “hey mr wags”. Well look man, I’m not an animal.  But maybe I was shoving a mouthful in and had some grease on my face. I had the napkin and would wipe my face now and again, but it was bad timing as they walked around the corner and saw me shoving the shit in my mouth.  So i meekly say, sorry I’m really hungry as they’re walking up stairs and my kid yells “ya think”?  Her friends laugh some more.  

Look I was hungry and drunk. No way I was doing the three finger thumb method. I needed food in my mouth and stomach. My point is none of you have ever just shoved that salty buttery goodness in your mouth?  You’re lying.

I love how your 18 year-old takes the name of the Lord in vain. That right there is some good parenting. Oh and so is sitting on the couch drunk as skunk inhaling popcorn.

But yeah, your popcorn eating method is awkward. You have your priorities straight.........
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down