Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Interested, the "Sister Survivors" Are Being Honored Tonight At the ESPY's..

5 posters

Go down

If Interested, the "Sister Survivors" Are Being Honored Tonight At the ESPY's.. Empty If Interested, the "Sister Survivors" Are Being Honored Tonight At the ESPY's..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-18, 20:33

I know this because, unfortunately, my daughter is friends with a couple of the young ladies there.

Good for them, though. There can never be too much awareness or reminders.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

If Interested, the "Sister Survivors" Are Being Honored Tonight At the ESPY's.. Empty Re: If Interested, the "Sister Survivors" Are Being Honored Tonight At the ESPY's..

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-07-18, 20:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I know this because, unfortunately, my daughter is friends with a couple of the young ladies there.

While that is true, I have conflicted emotions over ESPN trying to be the good guy after the Lavigne piece and their own sexual misconduct scandal. Paying for every Nassar victim to attend seems like conflict of interest and being the news instead of reporting the news.

Last edited by Floyd Robertson on 2018-07-18, 20:46; edited 1 time in total
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

If Interested, the "Sister Survivors" Are Being Honored Tonight At the ESPY's.. Empty Re: If Interested, the "Sister Survivors" Are Being Honored Tonight At the ESPY's..

Post by aualum06 2018-07-18, 20:45

Thoughts and prayers
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-18, 20:46

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I know this because, unfortunately, my daughter is friends with a couple of the young ladies there.

While that is true, I have conflicted emotions over ESPN trying to be the good guy after the Lavigne piece and their own sexual misconduct scandal. Paying for every Nassar victim to attend seems like conflict of interest and being the news instead of reporting the news.
good point.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-18, 21:11

I'm sure Danica Patrick is a nice young lady but a good host she is not.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-07-18, 21:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm sure Danica Patrick is a nice young lady but a good host she is not.

She should stick to wrecking cars.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-07-19, 06:05

ESPN got this one dead on. Pretty powerful presentation.
Just finished reading this-

http://www.espn.com/espnw/feature/24078028/olympian-aly-raisman-change-way-our-society-views-women

It’s long but there’s some pretty powerful passages in there.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-07-19, 06:11

Floyd Robertson wrote:

From what I’ve seen of the espys and on twitter the presentation was powerful and it meant so much to the survivors.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-19, 06:15

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

From what I’ve seen of the espys and on twitter the presentation was powerful and it meant so much to the survivors.
I managed to stay up for it. It was well done.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-07-19, 06:50

. "I think a lot of people don't understand that this is so much bigger than Larry Nassar," she says. "He thrived for decades. If someone thrives for decades, there are people who knew about it and did nothing. There were so many people who let us down."

“When she speaks about her abuser, she rarely pauses or fights back tears; she describes him dispassionately, as though he's a stranger or a character in a book. She's aware of how unflappable she seems. "A lot of people, when they meet me, they think it's easy for me -- that I'm always that person speaking in court," she says. "But that's not how I am." She prepared to face Nassar by looking at photos of him; when he stared back at her, his eyes blank, she didn't flinch. But the confrontation left her shell-shocked. Afterward, when she and her mother, Lynn, went to lunch, she collapsed on the table at the restaurant, her head pounding with pain.”

That ESPN magazine article was a pretty powerful read.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down