Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania

+8
Dendrobates
GRR Spartan
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
aualum06
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania - Page 2 Empty Re: Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-17, 16:32

DWags wrote:So we cant quote again on mobile?  

Test
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania - Page 2 Empty Re: Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 16:36

Dendrobates wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
so do pedophile gay dudes seek out the Catholic church and priesthood just to have access to little boys.. knowing that they'll get away with it??

I mean, that's all I can think of, right?

Maybe. I don’t know. Or it just becomes a major power trip the longer they’re in the priesthood and which makes them easy to corrupt.
yeah I guess - makes sense. I don't think it's a coincidence that the catholic church with their stance on marriage has a pedophile problem.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-08-17, 17:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Nope you played your asshole schitck of absolutes.
you're ruining the thread.

Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania - Page 2 1966794946
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-17, 17:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Yea I don’t understand this. Everything I’ve read in the past suggests that most everyone in the church agrees marriage should be allowed.

But onto the subject, I agree there should be a huge fucking purge to start things in the right direction.
so do pedophile gay dudes seek out the Catholic church and priesthood just to have access to little boys.. knowing that they'll get away with it??

I mean, that's all I can think of, right?

First of all, don't conflate pedophiles with gay people. Secondly, there are tons of consensual hetero relationships happening within the priesthood, which is one of the reasons that people who have studied this say a lot of the child abuse goes unpunished; because the abusers have information on those that would punish them. LIke a mutually assured destruction thing. I agree that the vow of celibacy should be dumped. It is possible that the priesthood attracts people with sick proclivities who hope that taking the vow will "cure" them... which would lead to a higher than average number of pedos in the priesthood. If the church won't let people really dig into the data, they can just live in their little bubble pretending the celibacy vow isn't the issue.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 17:41

Rocinante wrote:
First of all, don't conflate pedophiles with gay people.
it's a good thing I didn't.

Secondly, there are tons of consensual hetero relationships happening within the priesthood, which is one of the reasons that people who have studied this say a lot of the child abuse goes unpunished; because the abusers have information on those that would punish them. LIke a mutually assured destruction thing. I agree that the vow of celibacy should be dumped. It is possible that the priesthood attracts people with sick proclivities who hope that taking the vow will "cure" them... which would lead to a higher than average number of pedos in the priesthood. If the church won't let people really dig into the data, they can just live in their little bubble pretending the celibacy vow isn't the issue.
it's a screwed up situation no matter now one looks at it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-08-17, 21:00

Based on news reports in Boston and now Philadelphia and a lot of the east PA area it looks like the abuse was directed towards young men, often altar boy but there was abuse of young women too.

Hts close to home for me because one of my grade school/middle school friends was abused by a priest when he was an altar boy.  He transferred to GR Catholic Central HS when his folks moved and was too old to be an alter boy at the new church.  

A builder I know was also abused by priests (that's plural) in a parish south of GR.  He told his parents of the abuse that went on from the time he was 10 until he was 14 on several occasions and they didn't believe him.  When he was 16 they announced they were moving to FL.  He got a non-Catholic aunt and uncle to become his guardians and didn't speak to his parents for 25-30 years until news of priests in their old parish went public.  Then they called and apologized for not believing him.  He now talks to them at Christmas and has limited contact.

For all the good some people thought the church was doing for their families, their blind faith in priest's morality had a horrible price.

Both my grade school friend and the builder say it was all about money.  The priests involved with them were very charismatic, popular, very good at persuading parents to send their children to parochial schools and good fund raisers for parish buidling funds.  When the church got wind of their moral indescretions they shipped them to new locales often several states away so word of mouth never caught up with them.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-08-18, 01:33

[quote="Robert J Sakimano"]
Rocinante wrote:
First of all, don't conflate pedophiles with gay people.
it's a good thing I didn't.

Yes you did.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-18, 06:15

[quote="Travis of the Cosmos"]
Robert J Sakimano wrote: it's a good thing I didn't.

Yes you did.
okay.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-08-19, 10:19

Where are all the moderate Catholics? The protests? This is outrageous.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-08-19, 10:33

I don't know how people can be religious. I especially don't know how they rigged it up so that people voluntarily pay 10% of their income to go sit and be lectured for an hour a week.

So I really can't figure out how that house of cards doesn't come tumbling down when the dudes running it are diddling kids left and right.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-19, 15:56

LooseGoose wrote:Ah...it was only a couple days ago. Obviously after reading this I agree with his idea of a deep purge.

Right there in my history - this is a grim story.

WALSH: There Must Be A Purge In The Catholic Church. And It Must Be Brutal.

In another case, a priest molested a boy over the course of two years, admitted to church officials that he'd been engaged in naked "horseplay" with the child, and yet was allowed to continue in ministry for seven more years.

In another case, a priest raped a little girl while he was visiting her in the hospital.

In another case, a priest forced a boy to give him oral sex and then washed the boy's mouth with holy water.

In another case, a priest molested a 12-year-old boy, admitted his crime to a church official, but the diocese ruled that the abuse wouldn't "necessarily be a horrendous trauma" to the victim.

I think Catholics have been tempted to believe that the scandals are behind us. Cardinal McCarrick and now this case in Pennsylvania show that this is nothing but wishful thinking. The cancer has not been fully removed. And the reluctance of most priests and bishops to come forward, even now, and speak passionately and publicly against these crimes, yet again shows that the problem is not in the past. The predators and the cowards who aid and abet them remain.

And names must be named. For every priest who raped a boy, there could well be at least one more priest who knew about it and remained silent. And those priests are almost as guilty as the rapist. Cowardice is a moral evil. And there has been quite a lot of that kind of evil — and many other kinds of evil — infecting the hierarchy of the Church. So all of the evildoers must be purged. Exposed. Shamed. Thrown out. Imprisoned. All of them. That is the only way forward now. There is no other way. And every Catholic who loves God and truth and justice must demand it

Where’s the info about Benedict? I thought he stepped down because of the onset of dementia.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-08-19, 16:13

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Ah...it was only a couple days ago.  Obviously after reading this I agree with his idea of a deep purge.

Right there in my history - this is a grim story.

WALSH: There Must Be A Purge In The Catholic Church. And It Must Be Brutal.

Where’s the info about Benedict?  I thought he stepped down because of the onset of dementia.

He stepped down because he was only supposed to be pope for a little bit before he died, which is why they picked him in the first place. The stuff in goose’s post is nonsense making up a story. (Matt Walsh, who is also out there on twitter doing what bob did and associating gay people with pedophiles so I mean. Take it with a grain of salt with that guy.)

Benedict was replacing a deeply popular pope. So you can’t pick another guy that you hope to be deeply popular as well. They’re doomed to fail. You pick a guy who is supposed to die in like 5 years as a quick gap before you bring in the next one that you think will also be deeply popular. When he didn’t die, it was time to step down as he had successfully bridged the gap.

Francis isn’t exactly a hit in the Vatican. Not ones for change those people. But he’s very popular with the rest of Italy and most of the world, so they just have to suck it up. Sorry that the pope story doesn’t really have anything to do with scandals as that’s more fun, but it’s not always the juicy answer.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-08-19, 17:45

Benedict was the Vatican’s Father Wherle of Okemos on a grander scale who was never caught. He’s still alive in his 90’s but once his financial indiscretions were discovered it was time for him to “retire”
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-08-20, 10:07

It occurred to me this morning when I saw the reports on Pope Francis' official response and news that DC's  Cardinal Wuerl (former Bishop in Pittsburgh) had cancelled his planned trip to Ireland to join the Pope for his official visit that we haven't  heard much from NYC Cardinal Timothy Dolan.

Then Bishop  Timothy Dolan took on the role of designated outraged Catholic guy on every political talk show that would have him as a guest and conservative group keynote speaker in the late 1990's and early 2000's.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-21, 10:11

I wonder where they were radicalized.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-08-21, 10:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I wonder where they were radicalized.

Where are the moderate Catholics?!?! The silence is deafening.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-21, 10:17

msugolfguy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I wonder where they were radicalized.

the local ones are taking a strong stance against peaceful protest as it relates to black kids. Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania - Page 2 502811600

LANSING -- Nearly 10 months since controversy struck Lansing Catholic High School, officials have now stated in writing their position on kneeling during the Pledge of Allegiance and National Anthem.

All students are expect to stand, including varsity football players who kick off their season at 7 p.m. Friday with a home game against Waverly.

Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania - Page 2 502811600

Caution: Mainstream Media Link

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-21, 10:28

All of this shit is because president fuckwad has a 30+ year old grudge with the NFL. Fucking crybaby.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-08-21, 10:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

the local ones are taking a strong stance against peaceful protest as it relates to black kids. Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania - Page 2 502811600

LANSING -- Nearly 10 months since controversy struck Lansing Catholic High School, officials have now stated in writing their position on kneeling during the Pledge of Allegiance and National Anthem.

All students are expect to stand, including varsity football players who kick off their season at 7 p.m. Friday with a home game against Waverly.

Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania - Page 2 502811600

Well glad to see the flag is more important than child abuse.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-21, 10:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:All of this shit is because president fuckwad has a 30+ year old grudge with the NFL. Fucking crybaby.
he's just playing to his knuckle-draggin' racist base. It's only gonna get worse as midterms creep up.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-09-03, 17:20

For Roc since he cares enough to read - there needs to be 100s more like this in the Church or it will wither away.

The Sermon That Cost A Brave Priest His Job
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-09-03, 17:41

I heard a story about that guy on a podcast I listen to. I will be home with my devoutly catholic sister in November. I am going to ask her what she thinks. Should be a fun conversation.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-09-03, 18:18

But I need to say this, and I ask the Lord’s pardon, because I’m a coward too. Sometimes I don’t say what I should say, because sometimes I’m more concerned about my position. Pray for me too so I may be a saint. But suffering is hard, it’s tough, you don’t want to suffer. Pray, my fellow Catholics, in these dreadful times. Demand from your leaders the truth — only then everything will be fine. With Jesus! Not with cardinals, not with popes. These are human beings. Some are wonderful, some are bad

Boom.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-09-04, 18:42

Arresting officer says car didn't even have tinted windows

Priests caught having afternoon sex in car in Miami Beach, police say
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-02-06, 10:35

Shockingly, the sexual abuse perpetrated by the Catholic Church is not limited to little boys.

Vatican clarifies Pope Francis on issue of ‘sexual slavery’ of nuns
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-06, 10:36

but religion is so pure.. Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania - Page 2 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-02-10, 19:50

In case you thought the Catholics had a corner on the market.

‘Pure evil’: Southern Baptist leaders condemn decades of sexual abuse revealed in investigation
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-10, 20:19

Heat Miser wrote:In case you thought the Catholics had a corner on the market.

‘Pure evil’: Southern Baptist leaders condemn decades of sexual abuse revealed in investigation
religion is the ultimate threat to a civilized society?

I never noticed.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania - Page 2 Empty The Catholic Church..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-21, 11:30

these people are sick.

then there is this tweet from some mainstream media personality...

Chad Livengood
‏Verified account @ChadLivengood

WHOA... Attorney General @dananessel says her office's investigation has found the Catholic Church is getting potential victims to sign non-disclosure agreements about sex abuse. "Many churches and dioceses appear to be self-policing."
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-02-21, 11:50

and I thought that NDA's were only for businesses and the current POTUS.

Sadly this isn't surprising. The church has been operating on the "What applies to thee does not apply to me" premise for centuries.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-21, 12:18

GRR Spartan wrote:and I thought that NDA's were only for businesses and the current POTUS.

Sadly this isn't surprising.  The church has been operating on the "What applies to thee does not apply to me" premise for centuries.
religion is the most dangerous enterprise in the world.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2019-02-21, 13:40; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-21, 13:02

The Onion:

Pope Breaks Ice At Clergy Abuse Summit By Having Everyone Go Around And Say How Many Kids They Molested
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-26, 10:23

the "Catholic League" is outraged that the Attorney General is doing her job as it relates to child sexual abuse.

There is no room for religious bigotry in American society, anymore than there is for racial bigotry. When those making the offensive comments are public officials, it is even more disturbing.

If Nessel does not apologize, Michigan Catholics will have no confidence in her ability to impartially apply the law.

Read Their Religious Propaganda Here
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2