Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plumbing ... just checking

3 posters

Go down

Plumbing ... just checking Empty Plumbing ... just checking

Post by SawGreen 2018-08-27, 19:51

So, I have a place up 'Nort with an underground pressure tank and a hydrant outdoors that I want to keep. The current lineage is well, pressure tank, hydrant, cabin.

I have plans to install the tank, pressure switch, etc. in the crawl space of our cabin, and I want to keep the hydrant in the yard.

The new lineage would be: well, hydrant, pressure tank/switch, cabin facilities.

There shouldn't be a problem right? The pressure tank controls the entire system as I see it. In the event of a malfunction, I think all should be ok. I also turn the well off between visits.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Plumbing ... just checking Empty Re: Plumbing ... just checking

Post by aualum06 2018-08-27, 20:21

I'm pretty sure my set up the hydrant is outside and the pressure tank in the basement and after the hydrant and I have no issues
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-08-27, 21:42

If you're trenching a line into the house anyway, I'd drop a new PEX line back out to the hydrant after a new ball valve after the pressure tank.
The way you describe if the hydrant goes bad, you may not have water in the house. If it goes bad my way, flip the ball valve and the line to the hydrant is dead until you fix it, also can shut it off when you're not around.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-08-27, 21:45

I.B. Fine wrote:If you're trenching a line into the house anyway, I'd drop a new PEX line back out to the hydrant after a new ball valve after the pressure tank.
The way you describe if the hydrant goes bad, you may not have water in the house. If it goes bad my way, flip the ball valve and the line to the hydrant is dead until you fix it, also can shut it off when you're not around.

That's somewhat my concern. If the hydrant goes bad, the tank pressure will never build. But, I'm not going to be able to trench this one. Turning off the well is kind of important when not in use I think.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-08-27, 22:48

SawGreen wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:If you're trenching a line into the house anyway, I'd drop a new PEX line back out to the hydrant after a new ball valve after the pressure tank.

That's somewhat my concern. If the hydrant goes bad, the tank pressure will never build. But, I'm not going to be able to trench this one. Turning off the well is kind of important when not in use I think.
I see, just re-purposing the existing line, and I realized, you probably just turn off the well when you're not around.
Just make sure the hydrant stays in good shape, how far outside the cabin is it?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-08-27, 22:55

Probably 50' or so.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte