Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW

+10
The Pantry
InTenSity
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
Jake from State Farm
Death Roe
kingstonlake
Senior Dickfist
Clarett's Folly
14 posters

Go down

Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW Empty Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW

Post by Rocinante 2018-09-06, 11:32

They raised $400,000 for a homeless vet. There’s none left to give him, lawyer says.

Also... This guy is a douchebag?  I'd never have thought!!!!

Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW Captur17

Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW Captur16

Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW Captur15

Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW Captur18
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW Empty Re: Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-09-06, 11:41

The woman: "I once had to borrow $20 from a homeless guy because my car ran out of gas."
Also that woman: "I can sensibly manage a $400K charity account."
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW Empty Re: Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW

Post by Senior Dickfist 2018-09-06, 12:21

Dumb, greedy scum.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-09-06, 12:52

Read about this a couple weeks ago. She should have to pan handle until she raises the money to repay the 400k
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-09-06, 13:14

Clarett's Folly wrote:The woman: "I once had to borrow $20 from a homeless guy because my car ran out of gas."
Also that woman: "I can sensibly manage a $400K charity account."

Siriusly
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-09-06, 19:03

But really. What the fuck is up with that guy's hair?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-09-06, 19:20

Tip to tail piece of shit
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-09-06, 20:40

How the heck do you get people to donate $400k to someone?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-09-07, 12:24

People read the story about the homeless guy giving her his last $20, see how she’s set up a Go Fund Me and want to reward the guy for his generosity.

A few years ago some people set up a GoFundMe for a Detroiter who was walking 10 miles to work. In that case a business owner who offered him a ride set up a fund and a group of advisors.

People incorrectly think happy endings are givens.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-09-07, 15:18

GRR Spartan wrote:People read the story about the homeless guy giving her his last $20, see how she’s set up a Go Fund Me and want to reward the guy for his generosity.

A few years ago some people set up a GoFundMe for a Detroiter who was walking 10 miles to work. In that case a business owner who offered him a ride set up a fund and a group of advisors.

People incorrectly think happy endings are givens.

Yep... you gotta ask.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-09-07, 15:30

I saw earlier today that GoFundMe is actually going to pony up the $400k.

BTW, what kind of cruise and BMW combo costs $400 grand?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-07, 15:49

Floyd Robertson wrote:I saw earlier today that GoFundMe is actually going to pony up the $400k.

The fun kind?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-07, 15:50

Also, the hookers & blow are included in the price of the cruise and car, so that’s another piece to the puzzle.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-09-07, 16:16

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I saw earlier today that GoFundMe is actually going to pony up the $400k.

The fun kind?
I know that Royal Caribbean, you can get one of the luxury suites for around $30k for a 7 day cruise. I think that is if there are 4 or 8 people though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-07, 16:19

InTenSity wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The fun kind?
I know that Royal Caribbean, you can get one of the luxury suites for around $30k for a 7 day cruise. I think that is if there are 4 or 8 people though.

IIRC, I can stay on an Oceania ship going all over the world for about $60k/per. Has anybody actually seen this couple or is their lawyer speaking for them? Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-09-07, 19:52

Good Samaritan homeless veteran will get all of the $400,000 in donations still owed to him, GoFundMe says
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-09-07, 20:08

tGreenWay wrote:

The fun kind?

Har Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-11-15, 11:13

The whole thing is bullshit and all involved are grifters. Perfect ending.

Couple and Homeless Man Said to Have Made Up Story Behind $400,000 GoFundMe Campaign
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-15, 11:33

Rocinante wrote:The whole thing is bullshit and all involved are grifters. Perfect ending.

Couple and Homeless Man Said to Have Made Up Story Behind $400,000 GoFundMe Campaign

They're grifters and the people that sent them money are idiots.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-11-15, 11:50

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:The whole thing is bullshit and all involved are grifters. Perfect ending.

They're grifters and the people that sent them money are idiots.

I agree. People giving to these idiots should put that money aside because one of their actual friends will probably be starting a gofundme for some medical procedure real soon. Because that's the world we live in now.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-11-15, 12:19

Sometimes these GoFundMe things are legit good causes, assholes like this will forever taint those and generally make people suspicious of helping others.
Hopefully there is a special place in Hell for them.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-11-15, 12:25

Saw a girl on linked in post her go fund me for her student loans.

Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW 502811600 I mean, the system is fucked and she shouldn’t owe that much. But the principal of it - fuck you.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-11-15, 12:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Saw a girl on linked in post her go fund me for her student loans.

Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW 502811600 I mean, the system is fucked and she shouldn’t owe that much. But the principal of it - fuck you.

I figured you of all people would understand a millennial's plight, 'I fucked up, give me money'
Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW 502811600 Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-11-15, 13:11

I.B. Fine wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Saw a girl on linked in post her go fund me for her student loans.

I figured you of all people would understand a millennial's plight, 'I fucked up, give me money'
Sorry, we spent that money we raised for you on GoFundMe on some cruises and a BMW 502811600 Wink

Some people’s only way through school is student loans. It’s nice for those who’s parents can help them but a lot can’t. Mine certainly didn’t. I was lucky to have the GI bill but it didn’t come close to paying for everything. I had to work and get loans. Luckily not so much that I couldn’t eventually (in my 30s) pay them off.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-11-15, 13:29

I.B. Fine wrote:

Yeah, i get it that y’all are kinda obsessive over this generational thing, and the older you get - the worse it gets but there are entitled assholes everywhere, within this fucked up system. I don’t think she fucked up by going to college.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-11-15, 20:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Yeah, i get it that y’all are kinda obsessive over this generational thing, and the older you get - the worse it gets but there are entitled assholes everywhere, within this fucked up system. I don’t think she fucked up by going to college.

Yeah the whole millennials thread I take as sarcasm. Every generation has plenty of assholes and yes, I have mirrors, so I get it.

But at least we don’t have Travis and Turtle.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down