Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick Mullens San Francisco = Brett Favre

+11
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
Tim Wakefield
NigelUno
MSU addict
I.B. Fine
Floyd Robertson
Death Roe
DWags
15 posters

Go down

Nick Mullens San Francisco = Brett Favre Empty Nick Mullens San Francisco = Brett Favre

Post by DWags 2018-11-01, 20:47

Third stringer free agent come off the bench QB from Southern Miss. first drive ever in the NFL right down the field touchdown pass 3for 3.

Oh and he wears #4
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Nick Mullens San Francisco = Brett Favre Empty Re: Nick Mullens San Francisco = Brett Favre

Post by Death Roe 2018-11-01, 20:53

4/4 now
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Nick Mullens San Francisco = Brett Favre Empty Re: Nick Mullens San Francisco = Brett Favre

Post by Death Roe 2018-11-01, 20:54

5/5 now, GOAT status
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-11-01, 20:55

So they won't be signing Connor Cook?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-11-01, 20:55

6/6
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-11-01, 21:19

Montana who?

Nick Mullens San Francisco = Brett Favre 502811600

wow, Oakland is hot garbage.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-11-01, 21:30

Funny to watch Oakland tank the season but try to not look too obvious about it.

Last edited by MSU addict on 2018-11-01, 22:52; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-11-01, 21:33

Thank you Death Roe

P.S. You owe me $100
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2018-11-01, 21:42

I like the guy
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-11-01, 21:50

Gamer
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-11-01, 21:57

Is he a gym rat or gritty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-11-01, 22:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Is he a gym rat or gritty

Both
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-11-01, 22:02

NigelUno wrote:Thank you Death Roe

P.S. You owe me $100

Never agreed to it. Sorry dude. I'm sure you'll handle this very well and in a stable way.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-01, 22:36

So who is the Golden child the raiders want to draft that they would tank this bad?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-11-01, 22:47

kingstonlake wrote:So who is the Golden child the raiders want to draft that they would tank this bad?
The money would be on Justin Herbert QB, Oregon if he declares.

WOTS Giants and Raiders both want him bad.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-01, 23:21

Raiders wish list, in order, per Angelique Chengalis:

1. Shea Patterson
2. Harbaugh
3. Rashaun Gary
4. Devin Bush Jr
5. Chase Winovich
6. Justin Herbert
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-11-02, 07:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Raiders wish list, in order, per Angelique Chengalis:

1. Shea Patterson
2. Harbaugh
3. Rashaun Gary
4. Devin Bush Jr
5. Chase Winovich
6. Justin Herbert

Nick Mullens San Francisco = Brett Favre 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-11-02, 09:33

Death Roe wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Thank you Death Roe

P.S. You owe me $100

Never agreed to it. Sorry dude. I'm sure you'll handle this very well and in a stable way.

Thank you Death Roe
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-11-02, 12:09

I'll wait to christen him until he plays against a team that's not the worst in the league.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-11-02, 13:05

Rocinante wrote:I'll wait to christen him until he plays against a team that's not the worst in the league.
Seriously, about the only way Gruden could be more obvious about tanking the season would be to only send out 8 guys on defense.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-11-04, 12:25

Justin Herbert QB,
The more I think about it - the Raiders strategy is a gamble, but pure genius.

1) Hire Gruden and pay him so much it makes no sense to fire him.  Worst case scenario, he is your well paid fall guy.

2) Before anyone realizes what you are doing, trade Kahlil Mack.  He is the best defensive player in the league, but you cannot afford to pay him after signing Carr for $125 million. Get 2019 and 2020 first round picks for a guy you cannot afford to sign.

3) Trade your best wideout, Amari Cooper, pick up another 2019 first rounder.

4) Place Marshawn Lynch on injured reserve.  Clean house of remaining talent, especially veterans - (Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie,  Donald Penn, Tank Carradine, Derrick Johnson, Obi Melifonwu, T.J. Clemmings).

5) Proceed to tank the season.  The risk here is that the players might get pissed off and actually try to win a game, but if you have dumped enough talent this should be nearly impossible.  The wild card is Derek Carr (more on him later) but you have already decimated your offensive line (they have given up more sacks this year than all of last season) so hopefully you eliminated that problem.   Besides, your defense is giving up over 30 points a game.  

6) Dump Derek Carr.  You signed him to a then record breaking contract, but only two years were guaranteed (2017 and 2018).  I think it is clear Gruden (the QB whisperer) doesn't love him and even if he did, he wouldn't want that much money tied up into a QB.

7) Draft 6'6" phenom QB Justin Herbert with his rocket arm and academic all-American smarts.   The Raiders are projected to have the number one pick over the NY Giants based on strength of schedule.   If you really want to gamble, the Giants would likely give you anything you wanted to switch picks.  Then simply draft a pass rusher.

8) Move to Vegas with one of the youngest most talented rosters in the league mostly playing on rookie contracts.  Which is the true beauty of the plan - unlike the Giants and other teams who tank a season - they have no season ticket holders to piss off.

That is a well hedged gamble Vegas should be proud of.

Last edited by MSU addict on 2018-11-04, 20:55; edited 2 times in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-11-04, 12:32

I wonder of Gruden would bring Cook back. Seemed to love him a few years ago.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-11-04, 12:46

My guess would be that Gruden has no plans for him, but may bring him back if they dump Carr.  I would bet that they brought in McCarron essentially to piss off Carr and Cook got lost in the shuffle.  Carr and Cook may have also become friends.

Oakland has had a bunch of movement to and from its practice squad, as they seem to be using it to find players who fit their new "team concept."  I have to quote Major League somewhere here.  

Carr has trade value - so that dynamic should be interesting.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-11-04, 18:40

The Raider QB is a Hoover High grad. Didn’t play for the crazy coach but Hoover is a open enrollment football factory.

MSU Addict is spot on.
Depending when Gruden gets his low cost, hopefully high quality QB might dictate when the Raiders move. They have the option to play in Las Vegas in 2019 or wait until 2020 for the $1.6B Las Vegas Stadium to open.
The revenue floodgates open with the move and Mark Davis can have a team with 3 or 4 impact players with 3-4 years left on their rookie contracts in 2020.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-04, 18:55

Fair enough on the Raiders but in regards to Cook...I just don't ever see it happening. I personally think he's done. He might run the practice squad circuit some more. But he's never going to get a real chance.

Cook is a gamer. He's an inaccurate passer. I would imagine he's even more inaccurate in practice. He makes some beautiful reads and throws in game. But his only chance to shine is preseason and a guy like Gruden or other ultra conservative NFL coaches are just not going to trust him.

He might wanna try CFL. Judging by his Instaspace he just got engaged and is pretty happy and I believe he comes from a pretty wealthy family so maybe he just wants to cut his losses and start a family. Who knows.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-11-05, 16:16

Gruden cleaned house of more talent today, former first round DE Bruce Irvin.

They have to lose to the Arizona Cardinals, somehow.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-06, 13:31

Niners/Giants coming up next Monday on MNF. Should be a colossal matchup of the sport's titans.  Nick Mullens San Francisco = Brett Favre 276803595
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-11-06, 13:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Niners/Giants coming up next Monday on MNF. Should be a colossal matchup of the sport's titans.  Nick Mullens San Francisco = Brett Favre 276803595

But remember when that really was a "Stop what you're doing and watch" game?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-06, 13:38

Yeah I remember one year late in the season they were both undefeated I believe. I think the Giants won but not looking it up.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-06, 21:08

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Former NFL quarterback Brett Favre is repaying $1.1 million in welfare money that he received for multiple speeches where he did not show up, the Mississippi state auditor said Wednesday.

https://apnews.com/ff86e556f25aee92aef15da86c2cc915?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-06, 21:40

Turtleneck wrote:JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Former NFL quarterback Brett Favre is repaying $1.1 million in welfare money that he received for multiple speeches where he did not show up, the Mississippi state auditor said Wednesday.

https://apnews.com/ff86e556f25aee92aef15da86c2cc915?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Something doesn’t smell right. How can Favre not be charged? No way do those scum bags in Mississippi pay 1.1 million to Favre organization without Favre doing anything for it and 1. Favre not knowing something was up or kick backs were provided or 2. Someone in his organization being involved in it. This doesn’t add up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-17, 21:58

Favre says kids should not play football before the age of 14.

[tw]1427643897778483225?s=21[/tw]

In other news, he is probably a Covid truther. A little scattered on where and when to trust science.

[tw]1427725710043516939?s=21[/tw]

Favre sucks.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-08-17, 22:04

I’m pretty sure if I had boys I’d steer them away from football. I’m 60. Rented a boat today. Went swimming. Tried to get back on the boat. Knees gave out. Just popped. Ankles gone. Kids and wife had to help pull me up.  Humiliation.  However, it’s just my legs. Not my mind.  I’m glad I have girls. Leg deterioration is bad enough. CTE is a whole other subject.  Okemos only had 40 players come out 9-12. Muskegon orchard view dropped football.    I agree with Favre.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-08-17, 22:06

I probably agree with Farve.

Not one bit sad my boys didn't go down the football route.
All of their lingering high school trauma is to their mental health.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-17, 22:14

Agree on the football, not so much on the vaccines.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-17, 22:29

DWags wrote:I’m pretty sure if I had boys I’d steer them away from football. I’m 60. Rented a boat today. Went swimming. Tried to get back on the boat. Knees gave out. Just popped. Ankles gone. Kids and wife had to help pull me up.  Humiliation.  However, it’s just my legs. Not my mind.  I’m glad I have girls. Leg deterioration is bad enough. CTE is a whole other subject.  Okemos only had 40 players come out 9-12. Muskegon orchard view dropped football.    I agree with Favre.

The Okemos Chieftains Chiefs Football Team has one win in the last 2 seasons.

Head Coach took another job about a month ago, and 7 assistants left.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-08-18, 07:01

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:I’m pretty sure if I had boys I’d steer them away from football. I’m 60. Rented a boat today. Went swimming. Tried to get back on the boat. Knees gave out. Just popped. Ankles gone. Kids and wife had to help pull me up.  Humiliation.  However, it’s just my legs. Not my mind.  I’m glad I have girls. Leg deterioration is bad enough. CTE is a whole other subject.  Okemos only had 40 players come out 9-12. Muskegon orchard view dropped football.    I agree with Favre.

The Okemos Chieftains Chiefs Football Team has one win in the last 2 seasons.

Head Coach took another job about a month ago, and 7 assistants left.
My kids class B school barely fielded a team. Didnt have freshman team. Most played both ways. They sucked too, but still...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down