Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mitt Romney..

+4
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
8 posters

Go down

Mitt Romney.. Empty Mitt Romney..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:57 am

he's saying a lot of the right things (which really upsets the racist, bigoted misogynist knuckle-draggers, I'm sure) - but will he actually do the right things?

We'll see - I don't believe a single one of them.. I'll wait and see what they do.

Romney, who is set to take office Thursday, criticized the President's character in a Washington Post op-ed Tuesday, saying that Trump's "conduct over the past two years, particularly his actions this month, is evidence that the President has not risen to the mantle of the office."

"A president should demonstrate the essential qualities of honesty and integrity, and elevate the national discourse with comity and mutual respect. ... And it is in this province where the incumbent's shortfall has been most glaring," Romney wrote.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mitt Romney.. Empty Re: Mitt Romney..

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:05 am

One more republican vote for conviction in the impeachment hearings. Well, really he's just replacing Flake's vote, but whatever.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:22 am

Then there's his niece. Mitt Romney.. 1966794946

[tw]1080483536996655107[/tw]

BTW, if you don't follow Qasim, he's pretty cool.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:33 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:Then there's his niece. Mitt Romney.. 1966794946

[tw]1080483536996655107[/tw]

BTW, if you don't follow Qasim, he's pretty cool.

she chooses to side with a racist bigot who brags about sexually assaulting women over her own uncle who, regardless of his political views, seems like a decent man.

Mitt Romney.. 502811600  Mitt Romney.. 502811600  Mitt Romney.. 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:18 am

The wool has certainly been pulled from my eyes as far as American Christians having the courage of their convictions. I always knew that everybody is somewhat of a hypocrite, but American Christians have taken it to a whole new level with Trump. I guess it's better that I know, but it's really disappointing and also so ugly.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:36 am

Rocinante wrote:The wool has certainly been pulled from my eyes as far as American Christians having the courage of their convictions. I always knew that everybody is somewhat of a hypocrite, but American Christians have taken it to a whole new level with Trump. I guess it's better that I know, but it's really disappointing and also so ugly.
I'm sure I said it before here, but I have a friend who is a proud "christian" conservative... he asked me one time to name one thing that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator has done that I approve of.. he said "surely you can think of one thing"..

I told him that the one thing I appreciate about his hero is that he exposed the blatant hypocrisy of "christians" like him. Mitt Romney.. 502811600

it was pretty awesome.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:15 pm

Rocinante wrote:The wool has certainly been pulled from my eyes as far as American Christians having the courage of their convictions. I always knew that everybody is somewhat of a hypocrite, but American Christians have taken it to a whole new level with Trump. I guess it's better that I know, but it's really disappointing and also so ugly.

You never went to a parochial school and sat in church 6 days a week until you were 15, I assume. Then hung out at friends houses and saw how their parents acted outside of the 60 minutes they spent in church on Sundays. But as long as you went to the rinse cycle known as confession every three months, said a few hail marys, and a couple our fathers you got to erase it all and start the hypocrite cycle all over again.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:31 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

You never went to a parochial school and sat in church 6 days a week until you were 15, I assume. Then hung out at friends houses and saw how their parents acted outside of the 60 minutes they spent in church on Sundays. But as long as you went to the rinse cycle known as confession every three months, said a few hail marys, and a couple our fathers you got to erase it all and start the hypocrite cycle all over again.

No. I went to church until I was about 15 though. Baptist. Don't get me started on Catholics.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:35 pm

Rocinante wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

No. I went to church until I was about 15 though. Baptist. Don't get me started on Catholics.

Me neither my friend, me neither. Mitt Romney.. 1837840279
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:55 pm

Mitt is Jeff Flake Lite

His op-ed was more of a notification to his friends in the banking and investor community that he’ll be available if the Trump Presidency implodes before Labor Day 2020 and the GOP can have a more refined friend in The White House.

Other than that he’ll vote with the GOP

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:56 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Mitt is Jeff Flake Lite

His op-ed was more of a notification to his friends in the banking and investor community that he’ll be available if the Trump Presidency implodes before Labor Day 2020 and the GOP can have a more refin d friend in The White Housr.

He's also the same guy that heaped praise on Trump when he was running for Senate. He is who we thought he was.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:48 pm

Anybody see the video of him blowing out candles on his birthday cake?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:48 pm

It’s worth a watch.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:00 pm

Mitt Romney.. 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Something happens to GOP spines when they enter the US Senate chambers.
Flake, Romney, Collins, et al.

Lindsey Graham's spine was buried with John McCain.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 am

He should just go away.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down