Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former Nike, Adidas Employee Merl Code Jr. Alleges Both Pay NCAA Athletes

4 posters

Go down

Former Nike, Adidas Employee Merl Code Jr. Alleges Both Pay NCAA Athletes Empty Former Nike, Adidas Employee Merl Code Jr. Alleges Both Pay NCAA Athletes

Post by NigelUno 2019-02-15, 18:50

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2821028-former-nike-adidas-consultant-merl-code-jr-alleges-both-pay-ncaa-athletes

Shocked

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Former Nike, Adidas Employee Merl Code Jr. Alleges Both Pay NCAA Athletes Empty Re: Former Nike, Adidas Employee Merl Code Jr. Alleges Both Pay NCAA Athletes

Post by NigelUno 2019-02-15, 19:04

https://sports.yahoo.com/nike-schools-pay-federal-court-docs-allude-corruption-involving-flagship-nike-basketball-programs-212410675.html

The defense team also submitted an August 2017 text conversation between Kansas coach Bill Self and former Adidas consultant T.J. Gassnola, a cooperating witness for the government who was described in court as an Adidas “bag man” and admitted to making multiple payments to help secure players for schools outfitted by the company. In that text exchange, the two discussed making Kansas the top recruiting priority at Adidas.

“In my mind it’s KU Bill Self,” Gassnola texted. “Everyone else falls into line, to [expletive] bad, that’s what’s right for adidas Basketball. And I know Iam RIGHT. The more you win, have lottery picks. And you happy. That’s how it should work in my mind.”

Self responded: “That’s how ur works. At unc and Duke.”

“Kentucky as well,” Gassnola replied.

How does Bill Self still have a job?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Former Nike, Adidas Employee Merl Code Jr. Alleges Both Pay NCAA Athletes Empty Re: Former Nike, Adidas Employee Merl Code Jr. Alleges Both Pay NCAA Athletes

Post by DWags 2019-02-15, 20:41

NigelUno wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/nike-schools-pay-federal-court-docs-allude-corruption-involving-flagship-nike-basketball-programs-212410675.html

The defense team also submitted an August 2017 text conversation between Kansas coach Bill Self and former Adidas consultant T.J. Gassnola, a cooperating witness for the government who was described in court as an Adidas “bag man” and admitted to making multiple payments to help secure players for schools outfitted by the company. In that text exchange, the two discussed making Kansas the top recruiting priority at Adidas.

“In my mind it’s KU Bill Self,” Gassnola texted. “Everyone else falls into line, to [expletive] bad, that’s what’s right for adidas Basketball. And I know Iam RIGHT. The more you win, have lottery picks. And you happy. That’s how it should work in my mind.”

Self responded: “That’s how ur works. At unc and Duke.”

“Kentucky as well,” Gassnola replied.

How does Bill Self still have a job?

This should be all over the news.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-02-16, 08:03

Just pay the damn players. How many times do we have to go through this?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-02-16, 08:15

steveschneider wrote:Just pay the damn players. How many times do we have to go through this?

Some schools do pay them.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-02-16, 08:49

steveschneider wrote:Just pay the damn players. How many times do we have to go through this?

They are getting paid
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-02-16, 09:16

Then I don’t get what the fuss is all about. People should be allowed to receive payment from a shoe company.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down