Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there something we can do for Dr Strangelove? (OP with Paypal Link)

+19
kingstonlake
SeeRockCity
InTenSity
Martin Spartan
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
The Pantry
Rocinante
Cameron
pulling69
MSU addict
Watch Out Pylon!
By-Tor
WhiteBoyHatcher
TheReal_LWS
Death Roe
GRR Spartan
DWags
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is there something we can do for Dr Strangelove? (OP with Paypal Link) - Page 2 Empty Re: Is there something we can do for Dr Strangelove? (OP with Paypal Link)

Post by By-Tor Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 12:11

$1,700
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is there something we can do for Dr Strangelove? (OP with Paypal Link) - Page 2 Empty Re: Is there something we can do for Dr Strangelove? (OP with Paypal Link)

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 12:25

Awesome.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 13:29

I didn’t know this at the outset, but for whatever reason it doesn’t let me transfer to the pool from my own PayPal. All it let me do was “pledge” to add my contribution at the end. Whatever. The best thing about this is although the transfer to my account will take a day, it won’t cost anything and I can just write a check to the bank. This is really great guys and really puts a positive spin on a horrible situation. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 14:51

Almost up to $2000.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 17:46

$2350
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 19:21

$2400 and change
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 20:15

$2474.63

Nice work tSwillrcmb!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 20:18

kingstonlake wrote:$2474.63

Nice work tSwillrcmb!

I saw the 63 in your post and now I want to know who has the awesome sense of humor. Is there something we can do for Dr Strangelove? (OP with Paypal Link) - Page 2 502811600

Edit: I just noticed it was signed Dersh.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 20:21

Floyd Robertson wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:$2474.63

Nice work tSwillrcmb!

I saw the 63 in your post and now I want to know who has the awesome sense of humor. Is there something we can do for Dr Strangelove? (OP with Paypal Link) - Page 2 502811600

Inside joke?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 20:22

kingstonlake wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Inside joke?

He donated $114.63.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 20:31

Floyd Robertson wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Inside joke?

He donated $114.63.

Docs birthday?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 20:32

The 114.63 was brilliant. Wish I had thought of that.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 20:33

I might have to kick in an additional 27.23
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 20:36

kingstonlake wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

He donated $114.63.

Docs birthday?

https://msuspartans.com/news/2000/3/4/Spartans_Rout_Rival_Michigan_114_63.aspx

I saw that donate a couple hours ago and laughed out loud while walking my dog. Well done, Dersh. Is there something we can do for Dr Strangelove? (OP with Paypal Link) - Page 2 1486952199
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 20:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The 114.63 was brilliant. Wish I had thought of that.

:Never mind... Question answered

Last edited by Nordic on Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 20:38; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 20:37

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Docs birthday?

I saw that donate a couple hours ago and laughed out loud while walking my dog. Well done, Dersh. Is there something we can do for Dr Strangelove? (OP with Paypal Link) - Page 2 1486952199

Ha. How do you guys remember this stuff.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 20:39

Rocinante wrote:Ok Guys, here’s the deal. I can deposit to the Matthew Chaplin Memorial account at our local branch. As such, here is the link to the PayPal pool. Please share as you see fit, and I trust that any information you glean about me from this is not used in any nefarious manner. How long should I keep this open? Since it’s payday tomorrow, I’m thinking no more than 2 weeks? What say you?

https://paypal.me/pools/c/8cBnaAvyUz

Bumping the link. Can a mod put it the OP?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 20:41

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I would like to think any Spartan fan over the age of 10 in 2000 would have those numbers deeply ingrained.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 20:44

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It’s not a final score I’ll ever forget. The game was an absolute crushing smackdown to scum. It was perfect in every way.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 21:25

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

It’s not a final score I’ll ever forget. The game was an absolute crushing smackdown to scum. It was perfect in every way.

Just came to say this. Bravo.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat 2 Mar 2019 - 9:17

$3188 cheers
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 2 Mar 2019 - 9:32

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I would like to think any Spartan fan over the age of 10 in 2000 would have those numbers deeply ingrained.

My memory on this kinda stuff is non-existent. I think there is only on MSU football or hoops score that I could confidently recall.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 2 Mar 2019 - 10:59

Nordic wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

My memory on this kinda stuff is non-existent. I think there is only on MSU football or hoops score that I could confidently recall.

I think it’s great that I’m seeing some old message boards classic numbers. Some very generous smart ass donated 288.02 then I recognize Michigan scores 27-23. (Punt game) good stuff and over 3K now. Roc, you da man.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 2 Mar 2019 - 11:13

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I think it’s great that I’m seeing some old message boards classic numbers. Some very generous smart ass donated 288.02 then I recognize Michigan scores 27-23. (Punt game) good stuff and over 3K now. Roc, you da man.
The generous smart ass is tanfan lol!
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat 2 Mar 2019 - 14:16

Honestly the 1.00 (clock game) may be the best donation ever....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 2 Mar 2019 - 23:00

Wow. > $3500 now. Very proud of Spartans everywhere coming together for this. 

Roc I have a feeling you're going to get approached by someone with the estate unless you can make the donate anonymously. Might want to start thinking about how you play this.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun 3 Mar 2019 - 12:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Wow. > $3500 now. Very proud of Spartans everywhere coming together for this. 

Roc I have a feeling you're going to get approached by someone with the estate unless you can make the donate anonymously. Might want to start thinking about how you play this.

I have been thinking about this. I plan on letting them know who we are when I make the deposit. Along with all my contact information.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 10:13

4,000 even this morning. Please try to keep this going. Even if it stops now, folks have stepped up big.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 14:53

Somebody dropped a cool 1,000 to get us to the goal. Pretty amazing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 15:10

That's crazy. Hopefully this will help the girls.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 15:46

Wow. This is pretty amazing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 16:11

Posting on both boards.

I am gong to start the process of transferring the money out of the pool and into my account. I’ve never managed one of these things before, so I don’t know what happens to the link and all that. I believe the no-fee transfer takes one business day. Once I have it, I will go to the bank and give them a check. I will share receipts with you here and the folks over on the other board too. I imagine the whole thing should not take more than a couple days. Again, you guys are great. I’ll keep you updated.
Edit: I set the pool to expire at midnight tonight.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 18:30

Rocinante wrote:Posting on both boards.

I am gong to start the process of transferring the money out of the pool and into my account. I’ve never managed one of these things before, so I don’t know what happens to the link and all that. I believe the no-fee transfer takes one business day. Once I have it, I will go to the bank and give them a check. I will share receipts with you here and the folks over on the other board too. I imagine the whole thing should not take more than a couple days. Again, you guys are great. I’ll keep you updated.

Quick question: You don’t take a tax hit on this, do you?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 18:56

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Posting on both boards.

Quick question: You don’t take a tax hit on this, do you?

Me specifically? I don’t think so. I’ll make sure to get any info on that from the bank.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 21:18

Is there something we can do for Dr Strangelove? (OP with Paypal Link) - Page 2 3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 21:35

Someone please pony-up $31. We can't give his daughters a figure ending with 69.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 21:43

The Pantry wrote:Someone please pony-up $31. We can't give his daughters a figure ending with 69.

If nobody does, I’ll round it out.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 21:50

Rocinante wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Someone please pony-up $31. We can't give his daughters a figure ending with 69.

If nobody does, I’ll round it out.
Thanks. I took care of it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 22:48

Don't screw up my donate amount! Is there something we can do for Dr Strangelove? (OP with Paypal Link) - Page 2 969504605
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 22:55

Money still coming in. Might want to keep the fundraiser open a few more days?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next