Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soccer ref dies from punch

+11
tanfan!
Jethro Bodeen
Cym Jim
Mentalstate
WhiteBoyHatcher
Senior Dickfist
Rodeo Burger
tTito
tJYD
InTenSity
DWags
15 posters

Go down

Soccer ref dies from punch Empty Soccer ref dies from punch

Post by DWags 2014-07-01, 13:18

What the f uck is wrong with people?

http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2014/07/detroit-area_referee_punched_d.html
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Soccer ref dies from punch Empty Re: Soccer ref dies from punch

Post by InTenSity 2014-07-01, 13:25

After spending 2 weeks in the NICU, with my son, I feel horrible for this guys family. I haven't played competitive sports in about 6 or 7 years, but I don't think I'd ever get so pissed off as to hit someone like that.
According to Acho, Bieniewicz was a dialysis technician at a children's hospital who lived in Westland with his wife and two sons. Bieniewicz was a soccer referee for two decades.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tJYD 2014-07-01, 13:33

DWags wrote:What the f uck is wrong with people?

http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2014/07/detroit-area_referee_punched_d.html
They're people, that's why.
tJYD
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-07-01, 13:42

tJYD wrote:
 They're people, that's why.

If he had a gun he could have reeaaaalllly killed him.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-07-01, 14:11

tTito wrote:

If he had a gun he could have reeaaaalllly killed him.

I don't think it would have mattered. There's already a rule in soccer that you can't use your hands and this guy did it anyway.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-07-01, 14:43

Rodeo Burger wrote:

I don't think it would have mattered.  There's already a rule in soccer that you can't use your hands and this guy did it anyway.

Yeah, so if he would have shot him, it wouldn't even have been a penalty. What a dumbass.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2014-07-01, 15:01

I argued with a ref a time or two when I played in men's indoor soccer leagues, but punching them never crossed my mind. Unfortunately, I've seen it happen more than once.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-07-01, 15:04

We need to make sure this never happens again. Barry, please ban soccer. Think of the refs, they don't deserve this.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-07-01, 15:44

DWags wrote:What the f uck is wrong with people?

That's what you get when you have gatherings of crazy ass liberals.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-07-01, 15:47

LooseGoose wrote:

You mean muslim extremists? Oooooops I meant "international combatants?" Whew, that was close, I almost offended somebody and that would unthinkable.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-07-01, 16:37

Wow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-07-01, 17:24

tTito wrote:

You mean muslim extremists? Oooooops I meant "international combatants?"  Whew, that was close, I almost offended somebody and that would unthinkable.

The only reasonable solution is to take everyone's fists. This guy openly carried them and the results are apparent.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-07-01, 22:01

Disgusting. And also disgusting that you guys would attempt to make light of this to further a political agenda.

This guy needs to go away for life.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-07-01, 22:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Disgusting. And also disgusting that you guys would attempt to make light of this to further a political agenda.

Agree. People who joke about shit like this and think they are funny need a solid kick to their small nut sack. And being as this happened in Detroit, there is a very good chance many here are indirectly related to the incident, so the excuse of it happening far away, which is also BS, is invalid.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-07-01, 23:11

Probably faking it. He'll be up any second.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-07-01, 23:39

"Bassel's attorney, Brian Berry, told the Detroit Free Press Saad is not guilty of the charge."

Self defense?

Evil European-America Male was oppressing him? So he had to sucker punch him????
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-07-01, 23:43

Just so my scorn doesn't seem politically motivated, **** Cym Jim, too.

Jesus what a terrible story.

I generally hate the Karsch and Anderson show on 97.1 but heard a good point today.

Why would you get into a fight with someone - as an adult - in today's world? If you have to defend yourself or your family, I get it. But otherwise, over machismo/bravado - what the **** is wrong with you? We've got skinny WT pricks taking MMA classes who probably know how to snap your neck and wouldn't think twice about it. Who knows who is carrying? It's our right to own guns and carry them and use them to defend ourselves, god dammit!

The smartest thing you can do today is walk away from confrontations. And maybe that's not even good enough.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-07-02, 00:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Just so my scorn doesn't seem politically motivated, **** Cym Jim, too.

I generally hate the Karsch and Anderson show on 97.1 but heard a good point today.

Why would you get into a fight with someone - as an adult - in today's world? If you have to defend yourself or your family, I get it. But otherwise, over machismo/bravado - what the **** is wrong with you? We've got skinny WT pricks taking MMA classes who probably know how to snap your neck and wouldn't think twice about it. Who knows who is carrying? It's our right to own guns and carry them and use them to defend ourselves, god dammit!

The smartest thing you can do today is walk away from confrontations. And maybe that's not even good enough.

Just had this conversation with my best friend who lives near EL now. He never gets in fights anymore, mainly plays at the Y, and actually said that all the young folks leave him and the few other guys his own age alone while fighting amongst themselves. And he does get physical, has taken cheap shot, but no more fighting. Period. Done, and dumb, for a pick-up game.

I quit playing outdoors about 7 years ago because, apart from how bad it is on the knees/body, I could't take the punks, I'm past that. High, high risk, low reward. And I pretty much know after 1 game just how tough someone would be in a fight, don;t need to go there, can just abuse them in play instead.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-07-02, 04:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Disgusting. And also disgusting that you guys would attempt to make light of this to further a political agenda.

Yeah, surprising. They're in another thread doing pretty much the same thing. Kind of floors me. Man's dead. Do they have this guy arrested now? He was arraigned on a different charge other then murder, but I can't see if they re-arrested him and put him in jail with an additional charge of murder. Or, involuntary manslaughter. Whatever it may be.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-07-02, 04:37

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Just so my scorn doesn't seem politically motivated, **** Cym Jim, too.

When I was at MSU in the 80's, my Karate and judo instructor Mr. Kim was an olympic judo guy. Also was a current olympic Judo official. He was about 5'8" and a buck 60 tops. He could absolutely kick your ass inside of 1 minute. However, he always said the strongest man walks away from a fight. What good does it do or could it do? Like you say, defend your family, but why get so angry you're going to punch someone? Just horrible. Peoples lives are ruined over this.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-07-02, 05:44

tTito wrote:

You mean muslim extremists? Oooooops I meant "international combatants?"  Whew, that was close, I almost offended somebody and that would unthinkable.

You're allowed to do that on here, brah. Flame away. I love it.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-07-02, 06:19

Mentalstate wrote:Agree. People who joke about shit like this and think they are funny need a solid kick to their small nut sack. And being as this happened in Detroit, there is a very good chance many here are indirectly related to the incident, so the excuse of it happening far away, which is also BS, is invalid.

DWags wrote:Yeah, surprising.  They're in another thread doing pretty much the same thing.  Kind of floors me.   Man's dead.   Do they have this guy arrested now?  He was arraigned on a different charge other then murder, but I can't see if they re-arrested him and put him in jail with an additional charge of murder.  Or, involuntary manslaughter.  Whatever it may be.  

Opinions noted. We'll see how consistent you are in the future.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-07-02, 06:42

LooseGoose wrote:

Opinions noted. We'll see how consistent you are in the future.

Someone died but at least you'll get to be right!
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-07-02, 07:51

LooseGoose wrote:

Opinions noted.   We'll see how consistent you are in the future.

oooooohhh! Does that mean you'll be stalking me? Jesus, you're crazy.

Here you go: guns good. Obama bad. Liberals no good. WTF is wrong with you? Your first post in this thread tells me how obsessed you are with hate towards a group in our country. We get it, you don't like liberals. We get it we get it we get it. In your opinion this man was killed because crazy ass liberals were playing soccer. We get that. Thanks, and it's noted. Now stalk me as much as you want. I could give a shit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-07-02, 07:52

LooseGoose wrote:

just because
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost Spartan 2014-07-02, 09:51

DWags wrote:

When I was at MSU in the 80's, my Karate and judo instructor Mr. Kim was an olympic judo guy.  Also was a current olympic Judo official.  He was about 5'8" and a buck 60 tops.  He could absolutely kick your ass inside of 1 minute.   However, he always said the strongest man walks away from a fight.  What good does it do or could it do?  Like you say, defend your family, but why get so angry you're going to punch someone?   Just horrible.  Peoples lives are ruined over this.

I had Kim as well and remember him saying something similar. When a guy like that speaks, it's a good idea to listen.
Lost Spartan
Lost Spartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-07-02, 10:54

Mentalstate wrote:

Agree. People who joke about shit like this and think they are funny need a solid kick to their small nut sack. And being as this happened in Detroit, there is a very good chance many here are indirectly related to the incident, so the excuse of it happening far away, which is also BS, is invalid.

7,000 people die in this Country every day. Does your bleeding heart mourn for all of them?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-07-02, 14:39

tTito wrote:

7,000 people die in this Country every day. Does your bleeding heart mourn for all of them?

That's why you rarely see a poor funeral director.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanMikey 2014-07-02, 16:10

Boy, you guys are hilarious.
SpartanMikey
SpartanMikey
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-07-02, 19:55

"He likes it, hey Mikey"
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WCS 2014-07-02, 22:41

Unfortunately, this is what happens every time a mentally ill person massacres people...an entire legion of mindless anti-gun nutters make light of the tragedy in an effort to further their political ideology.
WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down