Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Swill Oral Hygeine Discussion Thread

+6
aualum06
I.B. Fine
The Pantry
AvgMSUJoe
Turtleneck
steveschneider
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

tOfficial Swill Oral Hygeine Discussion Thread Empty tOfficial Swill Oral Hygeine Discussion Thread

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-16, 11:52

Went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in a while and was amazed I had a clean checkup. When I was in there though it was a reminder of how unpleasant dental procedures can be. Decided to up my teeth cleaning game and have been looking at sonicare and a waterpick. Though I got a good review this time I must remain vigilant. Curious to hear of any brands, products, techniques or approaches fellow swill members take time maintaining good oral hygeine.

My current rig is an OralB pro health brush
Tom’s dental floss
Crest CAVITY protection toothpaste(bought it on sale my go to is Colgate Cavity Protection)
ACT fluoride rinse before bed
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Swill Oral Hygeine Discussion Thread Empty Re: tOfficial Swill Oral Hygeine Discussion Thread

Post by Turtleneck 2019-03-16, 12:10

I make my own toothpaste: crunched up Doritos in raw milk and chocolate syrup.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Swill Oral Hygeine Discussion Thread Empty Re: tOfficial Swill Oral Hygeine Discussion Thread

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-16, 12:56

Turtleneck wrote:I make my own toothpaste: crunched up Doritos in raw milk and chocolate syrup.

Isn’t raw milk illegal?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-03-16, 13:04

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:I make my own toothpaste: crunched up Doritos in raw milk and chocolate syrup.

Isn’t raw milk illegal?
Should be. And those weirdos that drink it... Don't get me started...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-16, 13:27

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Isn’t raw milk illegal?
You're dumb.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-03-16, 13:29

The Pantry wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:
You're dumb.
yup. Pretty sure.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-16, 13:38

Anyone have a water pick? The hygienist yesterday told me I’m not doing a good job reaching the back molars. Water pick is prob my best bet.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-03-16, 13:41

steveschneider wrote:Anyone have a water pick? The hygienist yesterday told me I’m not doing a good job reaching the back molars. Water pick is prob my best bet.
yeah, I can ups it over tomorrow.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-16, 13:49

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Anyone have a water pick? The hygienist yesterday told me I’m not doing a good job reaching the back molars. Water pick is prob my best bet.
yeah, I can ups it over tomorrow.

What’s your review? I’m considering the Aquarius.

https://www.amazon.com/Waterpik-Accepted-WP-660-Aquarius-Flosser/dp/B00HFQQ0VU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?adgrpid=55477088789&hvadid=274707134387&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=9004747&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=15434038610189404329&hvtargid=aud-649564993678%3Akwd-300771520059&keywords=aquarius+waterpik&qid=1552758434&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&tag=hydsma-20&psc=1
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-16, 13:49

Got a water pick years ago. Used it for maybe a week and got tired of fucking with it. Collected dust until I finally threw it out.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-16, 13:52

The Pantry wrote:Got a water pick years ago. Used it for maybe a week and got tired of fucking with it. Collected dust until I finally threw it out.

Yeah, maybe I’ll just try to improve my technique of reaching the back teeth. They are supposed to be better than flossing. It’s one of those products I wish there was a way I could demo somehow before plunking cash down.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-03-16, 13:53

Get a cheap electric brush. Use it. Pick seems like a toy.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-03-16, 13:55

tWife picked up a battery operated handheld, - waterpik-pretty cheap & easy to use, goes through batteries pretty quick though. Might be able to use some rechargeable in it
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-03-16, 13:56

Can get a Sonicare for like $25 on Amazon. Buy the knockoff heads for about $2-3 a piece

Last edited by I.B. Fine on 2019-03-16, 13:58; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-03-16, 13:57

Yeah supposedly it works miracles
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-03-16, 15:58

Doesn't raw milk kill people?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-16, 19:09

Turtleneck wrote:Doesn't raw milk kill people?
No. At worst, it strengthens their immune system.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-03-16, 19:12

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Doesn't raw milk kill people?
No. At worst, it strengthens their immune system.

So nobody has died from consuming raw milk?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-16, 19:22

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:No. At worst, it strengthens their immune system.

Only from contaminated. People have died from contaminated pasteurized dairy.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-16, 19:30

I like the standard milk you can purchase at the grocery store.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-03-16, 19:34

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Only from contaminated.  People have died from contaminated pasteurized dairy.

Is one safer than the other or are they both equally dangerous?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-16, 19:37

steveschneider wrote:I like the standard milk you can purchase at the grocery store.
It's why I like the idea of moving to California. Fuck their general politics but at least you have free choice of what to drink.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-16, 19:42

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Only from contaminated.  People have died from contaminated pasteurized dairy.

Doesn't matter. You're an exposed blue.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-03-16, 19:49

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Doesn't matter. You're an exposed blue.

I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings asking questions about milk.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-16, 20:29

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Doesn't matter. You're an exposed blue.

I'm sorry you know so little about milk.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-16, 21:09

I.B. Fine wrote:tWife picked up a battery operated handheld, - waterpik-pretty cheap & easy to use, goes through batteries pretty quick though. Might be able to use some rechargeable in it

Mrs. I.B. told you that was for her teeth, and you believed her? tOfficial Swill Oral Hygeine Discussion Thread 1966794946 And of course she’s going through batteries, she’s up to “brushing her teeth” six times a day already. tOfficial Swill Oral Hygeine Discussion Thread 3434560931
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-03-16, 21:11

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I'm sorry you know so little about milk.

Yeah, I’m not a milk expert. I am sure you’re really popular at parties when you break out your extensive knowledge of milk and breakfast burritos.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-16, 21:54

I’ve decided I’m going for the sonicare diamond head toothbrush. Seems like the best upgrade I can make to my oral hygeine rig.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-03-16, 21:56

steveschneider wrote:I’ve decided I’m going for the sonicare diamond head toothbrush. Seems like the best upgrade I can make to my oral hygeine rig.

What if you had all your teeth removed? Then you would not have to buy any fancy oral hygiene stuff.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-16, 22:08

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:I'm sorry you know so little about milk.

Yeah, I’m not a milk expert. I am sure you’re really popular at parties when you break out your extensive knowledge of milk and breakfast burritos.
Works for me. Seems to fascinate people.

So, what's it like being a blue?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-03-16, 22:20

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Works for me. Seems to fascinate people.

Your creativity is off the charts, Pantry.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-16, 22:32

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I’ve decided I’m going for the sonicare diamond head toothbrush. Seems like the best upgrade I can make to my oral hygeine rig.

What if you had all your teeth removed? Then you would not have to buy any fancy oral hygiene stuff.

I should just get them removed andreplaced with sharp metal teeth.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-03-16, 22:38

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I should just get them removed andreplaced with sharp metal teeth.

tOfficial Swill Oral Hygeine Discussion Thread Richard_kiel_jaws_bond_feat
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-16, 23:05

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Works for me.  Seems to fascinate people.

Your creativity is off the charts, Pantry.

Even your musical taste sucks...

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-17, 06:23

steveschneider wrote:
Tom’s dental floss
Crest CAVITY protection toothpaste(bought it on sale my go to is Colgate Cavity Protection)

Toothpicks, skoal and whiskey

Ohh and fuck Michigan
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-03-17, 11:42

steveschneider wrote:Went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in a while and was amazed I had a clean checkup. When I was in there though it was a reminder of how unpleasant dental procedures can be. Decided to up my teeth cleaning game and have been looking at sonicare and a waterpick. Though I got a good review this time I must remain vigilant. Curious to hear of any brands, products, techniques or approaches fellow swill members take time maintaining good oral hygeine.

Tom’s dental floss

Seems like you're already doing pretty much everything. Just pick yourself up some cheap dental tool things. I found something at a grocery store that's got a couple different plaque scraper type things, and also a little mirror thing. You can probably use those to clean up the back teeth. The mirror thing I have has a light built in so you can see what you're doing too. Cost like 5 bucks or something.

Edit: Here's a picture, my description wasn't the best.
tOfficial Swill Oral Hygeine Discussion Thread 20190310
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-17, 14:22

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in a while and was amazed I had a clean checkup. When I was in there though it was a reminder of how unpleasant dental procedures can be. Decided to up my teeth cleaning game and have been looking at sonicare and a waterpick. Though I got a good review this time I must remain vigilant. Curious to hear of any brands, products, techniques or approaches fellow swill members take time maintaining good oral hygeine.

Tom’s dental floss

Seems like you're already doing pretty much everything. Just pick yourself up some cheap dental tool things. I found something at a grocery store that's got a couple different plaque scraper type things, and also a little mirror thing. You can probably use those to clean up the back teeth. The mirror thing I have has a light built in so you can see what you're doing too. Cost like 5 bucks or something.

Edit: Here's a picture, my description wasn't the best.
tOfficial Swill Oral Hygeine Discussion Thread 20190310
Bought this kit on Amazon

tOfficial Swill Oral Hygeine Discussion Thread Db3yod11
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-17, 14:56

What the fuck is going in in this thread?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-03-17, 15:16

Rocinante wrote:What the fuck is going in in this thread?

People are legit posting pics of their mouth tools. It’s really weird.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-17, 15:55

Rocinante wrote:What the fuck is going in in this thread?
Makes more sense than a soccer thread
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next