Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(music) World Changers Who Left to Soon

+8
tGreenWay
The Pantry
Cameron
y2kMgrad
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
SawGreen
12 posters

Go down

(music) World Changers Who Left to Soon Empty (music) World Changers Who Left to Soon

Post by SawGreen 2019-04-20, 17:21

So, I sometimes regret not having the opportunity to hear more from some older time artists. I'm going to skip stealing any thunder, and name just one.

Steve Gaines. A guy that Ronnie Van Zant once indicated, we will "all be in his shadow one day".

Scraggly beard, but a sweet voice, and could play with the best. I often wonder what-if?

Name some more.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

(music) World Changers Who Left to Soon Empty Re: (music) World Changers Who Left to Soon

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-04-20, 17:28

Duane Allman. 24.

F'in motorcycle.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

(music) World Changers Who Left to Soon Empty Re: (music) World Changers Who Left to Soon

Post by kingstonlake 2019-04-20, 18:37

SawGreen wrote:So, I sometimes regret not having the opportunity to hear more from some older time artists. I'm going to skip stealing any thunder, and name just one.

Steve Gaines.  A guy that Ronnie Van Zant once indicated, we will "all be in his shadow one day".

Scraggly beard, but a sweet voice, and could play with the best.  I often wonder what-if?

Name some more.

Agreed 100% if his sister wasn't hired as a backup singer he probably wouldn't never been given the time of day by RVZ
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-04-20, 19:00

Ricky Wilson B-52's complications from AIDS at 32...

LOVED his surf guitar sound. Didn't need no damn bass player. Rocked that 5th and 6th string. Ironically many of the B-52's songs he played with guitars having no 3rd or 4th string.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-04-20, 19:41

Rob Pilatus
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-04-20, 22:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:Duane Allman. 24.

F'in motorcycle.

That's a good one.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2019-04-20, 22:57

2Pac
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-04-20, 23:03

Buddy Holly died at 22. He would be right up there with Elvis if he had made it to 30.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-04-21, 00:00

John Bonham and Keith Moon
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-04-21, 00:06

Jimi.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2019-04-21, 00:06

The Wrecking Crew
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-21, 06:41

Elliot Smith
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-21, 07:26

Eazy E
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-04-21, 20:20

We Bob can only hope Tay Tay lives forever.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-04-21, 20:39

John Lennon. He was just getting really back into making music again post Beatles.

40 years later I will never understand why anyone would want to kill him.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-04-21, 20:48

duffy munn wrote:John Lennon. He was just getting really back into making music again post Beatles.

Pantry and Guest aren’t going to like this suggestion.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-04-21, 20:52

duffy munn wrote:John Lennon. He was just getting really back into making music again post Beatles.

I stayed away from this one because he didn't leave too soon, he was robbed from us.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-23, 17:28

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I stayed away from this one because he didn't leave too soon, he was robbed from us.

yeah, it's pretty messed up what happened. A nutter also took George Harrison from us as well. In the Scorcese doc his wife describes what happened but some nutter broke into his mansion and was stabbing him. She had to get one of those metal fire pokers and hit the guy several times in the face to take him out. It's pretty messed up to think that if you reach a certain level of fame mentally ill people will become obsessed with you and want to kill you.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-04-23, 18:29

tGreenWay wrote:

Not true. I liked Lennon's solo stuff, sans Yoko. Liked some stuff Harrison, Starr, and McCartney did solo too. I just don't like the crap they did together.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-04-23, 19:53

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Not true. I liked Lennon's solo stuff, sans Yoko. Liked some stuff Harrison, Starr, and McCartney did solo too. I just don't like the crap they did together.

I stand corrupted.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-04-23, 21:43

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The early Beatles stuff was not great. Near the end ( white Album, etc) they were unbelievable. Sucks that they broke up just as they were getting truly great.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-24, 08:18

duffy munn wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Not true. I liked Lennon's solo stuff, sans Yoko. Liked some stuff Harrison, Starr, and McCartney did solo too. I just don't like the crap they did together.

The early Beatles stuff was not great. Near the end ( white Album, etc) they were unbelievable. Sucks that they broke up just as they were getting truly great.

Beatles early stuff some of the best pop music ever recorded.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-04-24, 08:41

steveschneider wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Absolutely.

Their entire catalog from beginning to end is amazing to listen to the styles transition.

Except maybe for Ringo singing "Act Naturally" that was horrible.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-24, 08:46

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Absolutely.

Their entire catalog from beginning to end is amazing to listen to the styles transition.

Except maybe for Ringo singing "Act Naturally" that was horrible.

Yeah, I can barely listen to the Beatles anymore just because I Over player them but when the BBC recordings came out a few years back I picked it up. It was a reminder of what an unbelievable four piece they were. Just the product of really hard work in my opinion. In the early days they played endlessly in Hamburg and became unbelievable at their craft. Their skill is on full display on those early recordings.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-24, 08:49

Regarding act naturally, I’m grateful for that song for one reason it got me to listen to Buck Owens. Pretty cool that Bakersfield, CA was a big influence on them.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-04-24, 09:58

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

yeah, it's pretty messed up what happened. A nutter also took George Harrison from us as well. In the Scorcese doc his wife describes what happened but some nutter broke into his mansion and was stabbing him. She had to get one of those metal fire pokers and hit the guy several times in the face to take him out. It's pretty messed up to think that if you reach a certain level of fame mentally ill people will become obsessed with you and want to kill you.

Harrison survived the knife attack. He died of cancer 2 or 3 years later.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-24, 10:04

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Harrison survived the knife attack. He died of cancer 2 or 3 years later.

You are correct, I meant to put 'almost' instead of 'also' up there. My bad.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down