Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

East Lansing baseball coach dies after throwing batting practice

5 posters

Go down

East Lansing baseball coach dies after throwing batting practice Empty East Lansing baseball coach dies after throwing batting practice

Post by duffy munn 2019-05-22, 15:40

https://statenews.com/article/2019/05/msu-professor-and-east-lansing-high-school-coach-dies-of-heart-attack

Super good guy that loved all things ELHS. He was my next door neighbor for 20 years. RIP Ed.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

East Lansing baseball coach dies after throwing batting practice Empty Re: East Lansing baseball coach dies after throwing batting practice

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-22, 15:49

read that yesterday - horrible news.. and he was a guy who was loved and admired by everyone.

RIP, Ed.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

East Lansing baseball coach dies after throwing batting practice Empty Re: East Lansing baseball coach dies after throwing batting practice

Post by duffy munn 2019-05-22, 15:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:read that yesterday - horrible news.. and he was a guy who was loved and admired by everyone.

RIP, Ed.

I figured you knew him too Bob. His son and my son played baseball and football together at EL. I don't think I ever went to a sporting event at East Lansing without seeing Ed or his wife Jane. Good people and good neighbors
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-22, 16:55

Yep - my daughter didn't even play a sport.. she was (is) an orchestra/theater kid.. and even I knew Ed. Great guy and an East Lansing Trojan through and through.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-05-22, 17:08

Died doing what he loves. RIP.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-05-22, 18:40

Shades of Coach Adams (Waverly), who was one outstanding individual and cant be lauded enough.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-22, 20:17

SawGreen wrote:Shades of Coach Adams (Waverly), who was one outstanding individual and cant be lauded enough.

I was there the day Coach Adams got hit, which led to his death, and yes, it’s brought back some pretty tough memories.
From what I’ve heard and read, Coach Outslay was a similarly well-liked man. Never knew him, because we never had kids, but stories of his volunteering and support for EL are beyond admirable. I feel terrible for his family and the team.
RIP.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-05-22, 20:27

tGreenWay wrote:
SawGreen wrote:Shades of Coach Adams (Waverly), who was one outstanding individual and cant be lauded enough.

I was there the day Coach Adams got hit, which led to his death, and yes, it’s brought back some pretty tough memories.
From what I’ve heard and read, Coach Outslay was a similarly well-liked man. Never knew him, because we never had kids, but stories of his volunteering and support for EL are beyond admirable. I feel terrible for his family and the team.
RIP.

Geez guys that sounds horrible. Can we have a back story on this? I don’t recall a story like that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-05-22, 20:45

tGreenWay wrote:

RIP.

What you have read and heard about Ed is 100% true.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-05-22, 22:06

tGreenWay wrote:

RIP.

How about that. We may actually know, or at least have heard of each other. I have to imagine, there is an intersection somewhere... Lemme guess, you had a latino step-mamma from Plum Tree apartments, who's kid was a catcher for the baseball team?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-23, 15:00

SawGreen wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

RIP.

How about that. We may actually know, or at least have heard of each other. I have to imagine, there is an intersection somewhere... Lemme guess, you had a latino step-mamma from Plum Tree apartments, who's kid was a catcher for the baseball team?

East Lansing baseball coach dies after throwing batting practice 502811600 No, no Latina stepmom and never lived in Plum Tree. Actually, I’m having a hard time figuring out who it is you’re referring to. I might have to find the yearbook and look at the team photo to see if it jars a memory.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down