Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me about solar panel shit- Fathers Day gifts

+6
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
steveschneider
pulling69
Travis of the Cosmos
10 posters

Go down

Tell me about solar panel shit- Fathers Day gifts Empty Tell me about solar panel shit- Fathers Day gifts

Post by Travis of the Cosmos June 15th 2019, 1:05 pm

My dad digs gadget shit. Anything gadget. I was thinking I’d get him a solar panel for Father’s Day that could operate the pump he has for his pond instead of plugging it into the house.

Thing is, as I shop I have no idea what the fuck I’m looking at. Lots of options in the $100-200 range, but what do I need? Should I just buy this one and call it good?

https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Monocrystalline-Negative-Controller-Connectors/dp/B00BFCNFRM
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tell me about solar panel shit- Fathers Day gifts Empty Re: Tell me about solar panel shit- Fathers Day gifts

Post by pulling69 June 15th 2019, 1:11 pm

Pretty sure you will need a battery
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tell me about solar panel shit- Fathers Day gifts Empty Re: Tell me about solar panel shit- Fathers Day gifts

Post by Travis of the Cosmos June 15th 2019, 1:14 pm

pulling69 wrote:Pretty sure you will need a battery

Well sure. But there are like 1000 solar panel options have I have no idea what I’m looking at.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider June 15th 2019, 2:07 pm

We have a solar panel powered pump for our bird bath. It works well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay June 15th 2019, 3:16 pm

I thought about getting a solar panel for our roof, but then I remembered the city won’t let me park my helicopter in the street overnight.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm June 15th 2019, 3:20 pm

Walmart pump that came up in my feed after I clicked on this thread.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider June 15th 2019, 3:20 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I thought about getting a solar panel for our roof, but then I remembered the city won’t let me park my helicopter in the street overnight.

lol!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic June 15th 2019, 4:17 pm

How many watts to power the pump? You probably don't know, but are we talking a small koy pond or 1/2 acre farm pond?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine June 15th 2019, 4:21 pm

Nordic wrote:How many watts to power the pump? You probably don't know, but are we talking a small koy pond or 1/2 acre farm pond?
This, or how many amps x voltage (110 or 220) =watts of solar cell, when it's not cloudy
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm June 15th 2019, 6:33 pm

Bought a solar panel system. The assholes way undersized it in order to make a sale. I fell for it. The wife is never going to let me off the hook on that one.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake June 15th 2019, 6:55 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
pulling69 wrote:Pretty sure you will need a battery

Well sure. But there are like 1000 solar panel options have I have no idea what I’m looking at.

Tell me about solar panel shit- Fathers Day gifts 1494614055
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck June 15th 2019, 7:04 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:My dad digs gadget shit. Anything gadget. I was thinking I’d get him a solar panel for Father’s Day that could operate the pump he has for his pond instead of plugging it into the house.

Thing is, as I shop I have no idea what the fuck I’m looking at. Lots of options in the $100-200 range, but what do I need? Should I just buy this one and call it good?

https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Monocrystalline-Negative-Controller-Connectors/dp/B00BFCNFRM

You're dad sounds cool. WTF happened to you, bro?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos June 19th 2019, 12:24 pm

Nordic wrote:How many watts to power the pump? You probably don't know, but are we talking a small koy pond or 1/2 acre farm pond?

Oh hey I got busy and I forgot about this a little bit. Obviously I went with something else for Father’s Day since I realized time was not on my side but the good news is that his birthday is in August so I have time.

Anyway, it’s a small ish koy pond type of thing. Bigger then your typical one but not by that much. If that makes sense
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher June 19th 2019, 12:46 pm

Travis we need approximate length x width x depth to figure out the proper gph of the pump.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos June 19th 2019, 12:56 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Travis we need approximate length x width x depth to figure out the proper gph of the pump.

12x6x6
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher June 19th 2019, 12:59 pm

Can you get a solar pump that big? I always go bigger or shit gets stuck in it. That would be about a 3200 gallon pond. I'd go at least 4000 gph on the pump.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay June 19th 2019, 1:48 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Can you get a solar pump that big? I always go bigger or shit gets stuck in it. That would be about a 3200 gallon pond. I'd go at least 4000 gph on the pump.

Tell me about solar panel shit- Fathers Day gifts 1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down