Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tennessee law maker wants to get rid of higher education all together to stop the "Breeding ground for liberals"

+4
Trapper Gus
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
8 posters

Go down

Tennessee law maker wants to get rid of higher education all together to stop the "Breeding ground for liberals"   Empty Tennessee law maker wants to get rid of higher education all together to stop the "Breeding ground for liberals"

Post by DWags 2019-09-11, 05:50

I mean, you really can't make this stuff up.

Damn librahs be thinkin too much
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tennessee law maker wants to get rid of higher education all together to stop the "Breeding ground for liberals"   Empty Re: Tennessee law maker wants to get rid of higher education all together to stop the "Breeding ground for liberals"

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-09-11, 05:52

republicans aren't big fans of a) voting and b) education.

but, man, they love church. Tennessee law maker wants to get rid of higher education all together to stop the "Breeding ground for liberals"   502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tennessee law maker wants to get rid of higher education all together to stop the "Breeding ground for liberals"   Empty Re: Tennessee law maker wants to get rid of higher education all together to stop the "Breeding ground for liberals"

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-09-11, 07:56

I see the war on education is going well.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-17, 09:00

Public opinion on the matter has become divided. A 2022 Pew Research survey found that 76 percent of Democrats believe colleges and universities have a positive effect on the country, while less than a third of Republicans did. About 76 percent of conservative Republicans said colleges affect the country negatively.

https://www.vox.com/policy/23762357/republican-attack-higher-education
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-06-19, 00:06

Want to know how I know I'm on the right side of history?
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-06-19, 05:31

My wife and I ran into a former coworker of hers on Saturday at the grocery store. Amy wife asked how her kids were doing and this gal said he wanted to go into finance or accounting but wasn’t currently enrolled in college. This lady’s husband pipes up and says “you don’t need a piece of paper to prove you have an education” and my jaw just about hit the floor. It’s always the ones without a college education telling everyone you don’t need a college education, and Republicans.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-06-19, 07:50

Have a sibling living in Nashville and works in IT for Vanderbilt Hospital.

The Tennessee GOP’s single mindedness on family values, guns, stem cell research and abortion has Vanderbilt facing a real brain drain and difficulty recruiting people with graduate level degrees. See candidates eschew the lower cost of living and mild climate for jobs in CA, MA, IL, NY. It’s a matter of time where finding an MD/DO and dentists will be difficult because the people doing those jobs don’t want to live/raise children in an intellectual backwater.

Even Alabama has so far been able to temper rhetoric and keep people at their top colleges of Alabama, Auburn and Alabama Huntsville.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-19, 13:19

Motown Spartan wrote:My wife and I ran into a former coworker of hers on Saturday at the grocery store. Amy wife asked how her kids were doing and this gal said he wanted to go into finance or accounting but wasn’t currently enrolled in college. This lady’s husband pipes up and says “you don’t need a piece of paper to prove you have an education” and my jaw just about hit the floor. It’s always the ones without a college education telling everyone you don’t need a college education, and Republicans.
I hope that, at some point, I stop being surprised about whatever the next republican/libertarian manufactured outrage is.

they make it really hard, though.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-06-19, 17:04

Motown Spartan wrote:My wife and I ran into a former coworker of hers on Saturday at the grocery store. Amy wife asked how her kids were doing and this gal said he wanted to go into finance or accounting but wasn’t currently enrolled in college.  This lady’s husband pipes up and says “you don’t need a piece of paper to prove you have an education” and my jaw just about hit the floor. It’s always the ones without a college education telling everyone you don’t need a college education, and Republicans.
A recent high school grads mom was telling me how her son was going into the trades. Great, i was thinking... I asked if he had a journeyman electrician program lined up. She said he wasn't going to do that because he would be forced into the union and the guys who are forced into the union are just glorified broom pushers, so he was looking for a non-union alternative. Wtf?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-06-19, 18:02

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:My wife and I ran into a former coworker of hers on Saturday at the grocery store. Amy wife asked how her kids were doing and this gal said he wanted to go into finance or accounting but wasn’t currently enrolled in college.  This lady’s husband pipes up and says “you don’t need a piece of paper to prove you have an education” and my jaw just about hit the floor. It’s always the ones without a college education telling everyone you don’t need a college education, and Republicans.
A recent high school grads mom was telling me how her son was going into the trades. Great, i was thinking... I asked if he had a journeyman electrician program lined up. She said he wasn't going to do that because he would be forced into the union and the guys who are forced into the union are just glorified broom pushers, so he was looking for a non-union alternative. Wtf?

Meanwhile many of those non-union electricians are retiring, dying or both and the non-union shops are leaning on CC’s and HS’s to set up apprentice programs like the ones Unions still have because they can’t find the number of non-union tradesman they used to after their union apprenticeships were completed.

Funny think about those in-house trained electricians. They find out they’re stuck with their employer unless they move out of state but even then they start off at or near the bottom at their new job.

Have a friend whose brother was an in-house trained electrician at non-union Steelcase. He found out despite all his experience including PLC certifications he was stuck at Steelcase working for a jerk or go to a place like Haworth or HermanMiller for less than he was making.

You don’t push a broom at non-union shops. They just pay you like you’re pushing a broom.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down