Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread

+19
GRR Spartan
Jake from State Farm
I.B. Fine
Bill Cain
By-Tor
DWags
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Rocinante
Cameron
steveschneider
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
23 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread

Post by I.B. Fine Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:36 pm

Classic way to blow a game....
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread

Post by Heat Miser Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:38 pm

What. A. Fucking. Joke.

That was a Cowboy style SOS game.

Fucking pathetic.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:39 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Why would you not just spike it instead of rushing?
We did spike it. The kick was on 2nd down.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:39 pm

Ok, let’s hurry up and get back to football offices and rotate the name placards
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:40 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I’m saying spike it again when the play clock was running down instead of rushing and putting 12 guys on the field.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:43 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I’m saying spike it again when the play clock was running down instead of rushing and putting 12 guys on the field.
Perhaps. And we really should have taken a shot at the end zone first.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:44 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Yeah, that was a dang coaching mistake.

Plenty of blame to go around with this one.

Just an unbelievable series of events required to lose that game. Everything that had to go wrong did.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:45 pm

Wow, what a shit show.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:45 pm

Uh oh... Talking heads say something was missed besides the FG.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:46 pm

Drain the coaching swamp!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:47 pm

Welcome to 2018, this isn't going to end well, again.

Last edited by Jake from State Farm on Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:47 pm

Time for a reassessment
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:47 pm

Heat Miser wrote:Uh oh... Talking heads say something was missed besides the FG.

Not enough men on the field?

ASU jumping on the line?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:49 pm

Heat Miser wrote:Uh oh... Talking heads say something was missed besides the FG.

ASU leaping on the last attempt. s/h/b 15 yard penalty.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:52 pm

Heat Miser wrote:

Yeah, but we fucked up so many chances to take control of the game.....
Love MD, but I'm starting to wonder.....
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:53 pm

What are they saying on tv about it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:54 pm

DWags wrote:What are they saying on tv about it?

[tw]1173019654316408832[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:59 pm

Whatever. Should not have been in position to lose that game. I mean I want to blame the offense. The defense played excellent and did what was necessary. I don't know what went wrong with the offense. We moved the ball. We outgained them like 3:1. This loss should not have happened and I hope it wakes the team the fuck up.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:00 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Yeah, but we fucked up so many chances to take control of the game.....
Love MD, but I'm starting to wonder.....

Absolutely. Offense, defense, special teams, coaches, and refs all sucked balls. A complete cluster fuck.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:02 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Whatever. Should not have been in position to lose that game. I mean I want to blame the offense. The defense played excellent and did what was necessary. I don't know what went wrong with the offense. We moved the ball. We outgained them like 3:1. This loss should not have happened and I hope it wakes the team the fuck up.

Well, the D did give up the 75 yard game winning drive.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:02 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Whatever. Should not have been in position to lose that game. I mean I want to blame the offense. The defense played excellent and did what was necessary. I don't know what went wrong with the offense. We moved the ball. We outgained them like 3:1. This loss should not have happened and I hope it wakes the team the fuck up.
If the coaching staff wasn't already awake, and this is primarily on them, we're in for a long season..... when's basketball start?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:03 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
If the coaching staff wasn't already awake, and this is primarily on them, we're in for a long season..... when's basketball start?

Don't know bruh. Maybe you could post more Pro Trump shit during the game and that would help.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:05 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:

This point has merit.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:09 pm

Yeah, but the defense gave up a 75 yard TD drive to a freshman QB in crunch time. Included in that drive, we gave up the longest play of the game (longest by 25 yards)...and then the longest run play of the game on a 4th and 13 QB scramble after we rush 3 and send 8 defenders to the end zone against a fast QB that likes to run.

I fucking love this Defense, but they choked. No, the game isn't all on them by any means, but they had the chance to close it out against a fairly poor offense and they choked, especially on two plays.

Shit happens. We regroup and go again.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:13 pm

Hopefully, this is our 2013 Notre Dame game. Doubt it though.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:16 pm

I got a bad feeling when the 47 yard FG attempt went wide right and Herm got into halftime with a 3-0 lead.

Hoped the offensive braintrust would make some adjustments and get 14 points in the second half.
Figured with the defense playing well the boys could squeeze out an ugly win.

Lewerke struggled making the wrong read on options or their DC did a great job of disguising the LB coverage.

Dantonio knows this team has very little room for errors, especially offensive penalties.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:18 pm

404 total yards, 113 rushing 291 passing, 9 of 17 on 3rd down. Lewerke 24-39, how many drops 6?

Penalties, 10-91.

There were some bad decisions, but those numbers should have won the game with MSU's D, minus the penalties. Fuck it, I'm sugarcoating it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:28 pm

I don't know man, when you out play your opponent in nearly every statistical category and still lose...

To me, thats 100% on the coaching staff. tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 7 1165525128
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:404 total yards, 113 rushing 291 passing, 9 of 17 on 3rd down. Lewerke 24-39, how many drops 6?

Penalties, 10-91.

There were some bad decisions, but those numbers should have won the game with MSU's D, minus the penalties. Fuck it, I'm sugarcoating it.
The timing of the drops and penalties was awful, too. Back to back drives in the 2nd quarter with third down drops that forced us to attempt FGs (which were missed).

Reliable defense collapsed in crunch time, and reliable kicker goes 0 for 3 (though, to be fair, he was 2 for 2 on kicks that didn't count, but then 0 for 2 on the re-kicks).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Want to know what’s sad? All of our realistic in-house coaching prospects are defensive coaches. Tressel, Narduzzi, Barnett. The thought of Treadwell being coach makes me yawn. Enos?

If we want offense we’re going to have to start from scratch.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:29 pm

kingstonlake wrote:I don't know man, when you out play your opponent in nearly every statistical category and still lose...

To me, thats 100% on the coaching staff. tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 7 1165525128
That's overly reductive.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:30 pm

kingstonlake wrote:I don't know man, when you out play your opponent in nearly every statistical category and still lose...

For today at least, stats are for losers.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:31 pm

Bill Cain wrote:Want to know what’s sad? All of our realistic in-house coaching prospects are defensive coaches. Tressel, Narduzzi, Barnett. The thought of Treadwell being coach makes me yawn. Enos?

If we want offense we’re going to have to start from scratch.
Enos hasn't exactly been lighting up the scoreboard unless you put a lot of stake in trouncing a 1AA team.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:35 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

That's overly reductive.

Was there any doubt we were going to go run/run/hope and pray/punt when we got the ball back with 5 minutes left?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:36 pm

We're a basketball school!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:49 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
That's overly reductive.

Was there any doubt we were going to go run/run/hope and pray/punt when we got the ball back with 5 minutes left?

That doesn't have much to do with what you said though, it's funny that you went even more reductive.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:51 pm

Clear leaping forces the last miss and doesn't get close to called
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:52 pm

Heat Miser wrote:

Made one bad play on the double move deep ball. What more should they do have 0 bad plays? That's pretty unrealistic
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:55 pm

aualum06 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Made one bad play on the double move deep ball. What more should they do have 0 bad plays? That's pretty unrealistic

Hands to the face negates fumble recovery. Allowed the scramble on 4th and 13. So many blown opportunities.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:56 pm

Zero blame on the D. Zero. I mean I need to rewatch but I think they did exactly what a great D does. And they made the adjustment at half. Daniels is not a guy that looks to run. As such, with his one read throws, you drop everyone. We still got pressure. Worked spectacularly. Until we committed stupid penalties, Butler had a bust, and then he decided to run. Can't blame the D.

The bigger thing is on ST and the Offense. They moved the ball pretty much at will against a very good D. But only wound up with 7 points. That's where the blame lies.

Again, not something that is season ending. But hey...those OL injuries might just be.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next