Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team

+11
Tim Wakefield
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
By-Tor
duffy munn
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team Empty Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team

Post by DWags 2019-09-25, 09:54

Agree or not?

All Dantonio. Anybody missing?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team Empty Re: Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-09-25, 09:56

Right off the bat, I think Cook was the better college QB.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team Empty Re: Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team

Post by NigelUno 2019-09-25, 09:58

Honorable mentions: K Dan Conroy, P Rocky Lombardi

Suspect
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-09-25, 10:03

Rucker over Waynes is wrong. So is Dowell over Drummond.

And this may be a hot take but Bachie is far and away the best MLB in the Dantonio era.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-25, 10:17

duffy munn wrote:Rucker over Waynes is wrong. So is Dowell over Drummond.

And this may be a hot take but Bachie is far and away the best MLB in the Dantonio era.

Agree about Waynes and Batchie
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-09-25, 10:51

So the all time leading WR in receptions, yards and 2nd in TDs doesn't even make honorable mention?

Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team 2130724145
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-25, 10:54

Cook over cousins

Rucker over Waynes is erroneous

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-09-25, 11:10

Cousins > Cook

Based on the cafeteria tray thing alone.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-09-25, 11:28

NM
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-09-25, 11:55

Agreed with those who have said Cook over Cousins and Waynes over Rucker.

Personally, I also have Shilique over Gholston. And I think I'd have Lippett over Martin, especially if Martin can still be the return man.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-25, 13:17

I think Cook had more to work with, so I'd give it to Cousins.  But it's tough because in crunch time, I'd probably rather have Cook.

RB, I'd probably do Bell then Langford then Ringer.  Bell was amazing, and he had a really bad, banged up OL in his last year, so I think people forget that.  On the other hand, maybe I rank Langford above Ringer because he had a better OL, but Langord's streak of 100 yard games in 2013 and the way he would finish so many games was amazing.

WR:  No BJ Cunningham or Bennie Fowler, even as honorable mention?  But RJ Shelton does?  Not having that.

CB:  I'd put Waynes over Rucker

S:  Lewis over Dowell for sure.

MLB:  Bullough, Bachie, and then Jones.  Bachie might be better in some ways, but Bullough's mind puts him a notch above.  The way he'd remember a formation that they saw for only one play on film from years ago, and adjust the defense.  And I remember so many times where he forced offenses in to timeouts by countering their audibles with his own and screwing them up.

DE:  Shalique over Rush

DT:  I might have to put Raequan over Worthy, and certainly over Hoover.

Punter:  Lombardi must be a joke or misprint.  I'd give it to Sadler first, but Aaron Bates as honorable mention for sure.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-25, 18:06

Kevin Pickelman makes it on my all time Dantonio team. Dude had a motor with that extra gear.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2019-09-25, 18:19

NigelUno wrote:Cousins > Cook

Based on the cafeteria tray thing alone.

Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team 969504605
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2019-09-25, 18:21

I'm #TeamCook on this one though. Both were pretty frustrating at times tbh

Btw, someone tell this idiot writer that Andrew Dowell was a LB who graduated last year. I'm also not sure if his brother who's actually a safety is even good. Drummond and Lewis all the way. Maybe Trenton Robinson too
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-25, 18:32

Tim Wakefield wrote:I'm #TeamCook on this one though. Both were pretty frustrating at times tbh

Btw, someone tell this idiot writer that Andrew Dowell was a LB who graduated last year. I'm also not sure if his brother who's actually a safety is even good. Drummond and Lewis all the way. Maybe Trenton Robinson too
I didn't even think of the first name, and assumed he meant David due to the position, which I thought was odd. If he meant David, no biggie, typos can happen. I'm just not sure how the hell he ends up above Isaiah Lewis.

Khari Willis would be above David Dowell, too. No disrespect at all to DD. I like him. But second best safety of the last 13 years?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-09-25, 21:27

By-Tor wrote:So the all time leading WR in receptions, yards and 2nd in TDs doesn't even make honorable mention?    

Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team 2130724145

Good catch. You can almost throw BJ, Burbridge, Lippett, Dell and Thomas in a hat and pick one out. Keshawn is a different type of WR/KR (obv), he's in.

Was Chris Baker pre-Dantonio? If not, he's my TE.

We've had some stud MLB's, but Bachie is at the top for me and it is not that close. He dominates football games. Greg Jones wouldn't make my top 3. He was a big liability on passing downs.

I love Rush, definition of dependable. But I'm taking  Willikes over him for sure. Raquen is in there somewhere too.

TL;DR Lots of options at DL, LB and WR
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-25, 21:39

I think it speaks volumes that we’re having a hard time with this. Although it’s also kind of telling not too many questions on the O line. Says we’ve had some pretty talented kids at various spots. Oline not so much.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-25, 21:42

What about Keshawn Martin?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-09-25, 22:03

steveschneider wrote:What about Keshawn Martin?

Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team 4113017228 who wants to tell him
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-09-25, 22:04

DWags wrote:I think it speaks volumes that we’re having a hard time with this. Although it’s also kind of telling not too many questions on the O line. Says we’ve had some pretty talented kids at various spots. Oline not so much.

When I looked at the OL list, I cringed a bit.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-09-25, 22:42

Nordic wrote:
steveschneider wrote:What about Keshawn Martin?

Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team 4113017228 who wants to tell him

Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team 502811600 Fucking steve...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-26, 11:19

Here's my all Dantonio team. I factored in grit and diamond in the rough players that brought that chip on their shoulder to shut people the fuck up. Players that created amazing memories or had special off the field accomplishments included as well.

QB Kirk Mother Fucking Cousins - Rocket play bitches

RB Leveon Bell - dude had no fucking OL and put up ridiculous numbers.

FB - I don't think this position belongs in a modern offense and I won't dignify it on this list.

TE - Charlie Mother Fucking Gaant legend for catching the Little Giants pass and I was there

WR - McGarret Kings - loved it that he kicked a PACE officers truck. Fuck those dick heads!  Tony Lippett for that hit he had vs Baylor.

OL - Travis Jackson for his YES! YES! move. Conklin obviously. France for sure. Devontae Dobbs. Gotta have Fou.

P - Aaron Bates for his pass vs ND and Mike Sadler tie RIP Mike.

FG - Michael Geiger for his winner in the Horse Shoe

DE - William Gholston for punching Taylor Lewan in the face and Willekes

DT Pickelman, McDowell

OLB Denicos Allen, MLB Max Bollough, OLB, Taiwan Jones

CB Dennard, Rucker

S Drummond, Dowell

KR - Keyshawn Martin
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2019-09-26, 12:10

Hoover? Wait....Hoover? Seriously?

Lay off the Adderall. Did the guy who wrote this go to Novi High School or something?

Hoover was a DE that changed to a DT his senior year and shared snaps. He wasn’t even a full time starter. Knox was better in 2013

Plus the guy was always injured

Hoover? Really?
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-26, 13:01

Bill Cain wrote:Hoover? Wait....Hoover? Seriously?

Well that really sucks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-09-26, 13:42

steveschneider wrote:Here's my all Dantonio team. I factored in grit and diamond in the rough players that brought that chip on their shoulder to shut people the fuck up. Players that created amazing memories or had special off the field accomplishments included as well.

FB - I don't think this position belongs in a modern offense and I won't dignify it on this list.

TE - Charlie Mother Fucking Gaant legend for catching the Little Giants pass and I was there

WR - McGarret Kings - loved it that he kicked a PACE officers truck. Fuck those dick heads!  Tony Lippett for that hit he had vs Baylor.

OL - Travis Jackson for his YES! YES! move. Conklin obviously. France for sure. Devontae Dobbs. Gotta have Fou.

DT Pickelman, McDowell

CB Dennard, Rucker

S Drummond, Dowell

KR - Keyshawn Martin
Steve your list sucks, because you choose to exclude Pendleton
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-26, 14:23

Wally Fairway wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Here's my all Dantonio team. I factored in grit and diamond in the rough players that brought that chip on their shoulder to shut people the fuck up. Players that created amazing memories or had special off the field accomplishments included as well.

DT Pickelman, McDowell

CB Dennard, Rucker

S Drummond, Dowell

KR - Keyshawn Martin

You know what I'll add a third WR to my team and add Aaron Burbridge.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-26, 14:25

Wally Fairway wrote:

DT Pickelman, McDowell

CB Dennard, Rucker

S Drummond, Dowell

KR - Keyshawn Martin

Yep, probably my favorite Spartan until Batchie and Willikins. Scored in the Rose, was a great pass blocker. Play against Michigan during "trouble with the snap" game where he went 80 yards and was ripped off of a touchdown, but we got it anyway. Scored against OSU in the monumental upset lead by Tyler O'Conner. Kid could just flat out ball.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-09-26, 14:31

Wally Fairway wrote:

DT Pickelman, McDowell

CB Dennard, Rucker

S Drummond, Dowell

KR - Keyshawn Martin

Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team 3434560931
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-09-26, 14:43

Wally Fairway wrote:

DT Pickelman, McDowell

CB Dennard, Rucker

S Drummond, Dowell

KR - Keyshawn Martin

BIG PLAY PENDLETON BABY!

#teamCam
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-26, 14:52

Yes, great video to jerk it to but my spread attack offense would beat one with a FB.

I eliminated the FB position and have added an extra WR to put more points on the board.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-09-26, 14:55

steveschneider wrote:Yes, great video to jerk it to but my spread attack offense would beat one with a FB.

I eliminated the FB position and have added an extra WR to put more points on the board.

Quit modernizing shit and give Pendleton his due.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-26, 15:04

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Yes, great video to jerk it to but my spread attack offense would beat one with a FB.

I'll give him the three jerk salute Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team 3434560931 Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team 3434560931 Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team 3434560931

but since I'm looking to the future my team stands.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-09-26, 15:31

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I'll give him the three jerk salute Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team 3434560931 Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team 3434560931 Michigan State's All Mark Dantonio Team 3434560931

If you're looking to the future with your team, you're shit out of luck. None of those guys have eligibility left.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-09-26, 16:13

steveschneider wrote:

I'm calling bullshit to this modern offense you claim to be building; no way that Cousins is "that" QB

And I'm fine with running a FB, especially one who can produce .... like #37
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-09-26, 16:19

Given my intense loyalty to this coach from the gecko, it’s pretty obvious I could be slotted into any position on the team. Except the slot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-26, 16:22

Wally Fairway wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I'm calling bullshit to this modern offense you claim to be building; no way that Cousins is "that" QB

Didn't Rocket Play have four wide outs? Also, he beat UofM four times, beat an SEC team in a bowl game and he's gone on to get a baller NFL contract. What else could you ask for?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-26, 16:38

Is there a top level NFL simulator? We could run identical teams against eachother you run the team with a FB and I'll run a modern offense. I bet at the end of the game my team puts up more points and my D stuffs your outdated offense.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-09-26, 17:04

steveschneider wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:

Didn't Rocket Play have four wide outs? Also, he beat UofM four times, beat an SEC team in a bowl game and he's gone on to get a baller NFL contract. What else could you ask for?

You heard it from steve first, folks. Kirk Cousins once ran a play that (probably) had four WRs, therefore, he's the perfect spread QB.

Fucking steve...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-26, 18:56

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You heard it from steve first, folks. Kirk Cousins once ran a play that (probably) had four WRs, therefore, he's the perfect spread QB.

Fucking steve...

Pfft, you should be grateful we didn’t have a fullback out on the field for Rocket Play. Some people just can’t accept change.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-26, 19:47

Steve is pining for the John L days.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next