Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial #Skullfuck the Bye Week Thread

+12
tGreenWay
MiamiSpartan
Jake from State Farm
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Cameron
Death Roe
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
DWags
Nordic
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

tOfficial #Skullfuck the Bye Week Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial #Skullfuck the Bye Week Thread

Post by InTenSity 2019-10-19, 22:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes Gordon and yes KJ Hamler.

Shoulda been a Spartan. :(

Same with Ambry Thomas. :(

Fuckin 2016
Who do they play for now?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial #Skullfuck the Bye Week Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial #Skullfuck the Bye Week Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-10-19, 22:48

InTenSity wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes Gordon and yes KJ Hamler.

Shoulda been a Spartan. :(

Same with Ambry Thomas. :(

Fuckin 2016
Who do they play for now?

Other teams
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-19, 23:06

Fuck penn state. Up 21-0 and you don’t cover.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-19, 23:15

I thought Michigan was better than PSU. Score says one thing but uofm has a damn good team.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-10-19, 23:27

Safeties covering wide receivers man to man will not win a ton of ballgames.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-19, 23:36

Michigan is the third best team in our conference. I hope Notre Dame takes their Spirit. Because they’re double digits better than many in our conference
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-10-19, 23:43

DWags wrote:Michigan is the third best team in our conference. I hope Notre Dame takes their Spirit. Because they’re double digits better than many in our conference

Stop being a pussy. I think both of those teams are solid conference teams. But they are basically on the same tier as MSU. More talent, sure. But talent isn't everything. Our D will shut them both down. Except for Hamler, he'll get loose a time or two. We measure up to those teams after watching tonight. Huge cavern in between Wiscy and the next group, despite their loss today. Probably decent cavern between OSU and Wisco as well.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-19, 23:47

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:Michigan is the third best team in our conference. I hope Notre Dame takes their Spirit. Because they’re double digits better than many in our conference

Stop being a pussy. I think both of those teams are solid conference teams. But they are basically on the same tier as MSU. More talent, sure. But talent isn't everything. Our D will shut them both down. Except for Hamler, he'll get loose a time or two. We measure up to those teams after watching tonight. Huge cavern in between Wiscy and the next group, despite their loss today. Probably decent cavern between OSU and Wisco as well.

So wait, rank uofm MSU and PSU right now. Regardless of a 28-21 loss during a white out. You’re always reasonable. I’ll accept your rankings without explanation.

Not being a pussy and I do think we can rise up against both. One because it’s at home and in between big games for PSU one because Dantonio. But honestly rank them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-10-19, 23:48

Rank them how? Like a clown? In the conference?

Last edited by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2019-10-20, 00:47; edited 1 time in total
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-10-19, 23:49

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Rank them how? Like a clown? In the conference?

lol!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-19, 23:49

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Rank them how? Like a clown? In the conference?

Yeah, like that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-10-19, 23:50

Tennessee hangin' around
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-19, 23:53

Use the cocktail stick.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-19, 23:55

Michigan beats us by 17
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-10-20, 00:02

Ok I switched to laptop so I could type some thoughts. I have some.

I would say the B1G breaks down into tiers like this at this point, in my opinion:

Tier 1: OSU
1b: Wiscy

Tier 3a: Mich, PSU
3b: MSU, Iowa

3c: Minnesota
3d: Indiana

4: Purdue, Maryland, Illinois, Perhaps some other teams I'm forgetting

14: Rutgers

I think PSU and UM are somewhat interchangable. I saw what you saw. Surprisingly, UM's OL took control of that game after the initial shock and awe wore off. PSU also could not handle their pressure, and only pulled the game out because of Hamler taking the top off of the D. We don't have anyone who can do that.

I was told that PSU had a great rush with their front 4. If they do...I was very impressed by UM's OL. Even when PSU brought pressure, the communication up front and pick ups were very solid.

Patterson was very good in this game. But he is a one read guy for the most part. He panics if his initial read isn't open. He makes great throws if his read has a chance at the ball.

UM's WRs are crazy big, physical and talented. They don't always hold onto the ball. But there is little chance we can cover these guys or hang with them without getting pressure up front. Our DBs are too small.

Situationally, I think we will have a fair shot to win each game. Doesn't mean we will. Coming into this game I thought UM was the much weaker link between the 2 and we would have just as good of a shot at winning that as winning vs. PSU.

Right now I'd say chances of winning vs. PSU - 54%
Chances of winning @ UM - 42%

Again this is situational. PSU is coming off of a prime time gauntlet and we get them at home, off of a bye.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-20, 00:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ok I switched to laptop so I could type some thoughts. I have some.

I would say the B1G breaks down into tiers like this at this point, in my opinion:

Tier 1: OSU
1b: Wiscy

Tier 3a: Mich, PSU
3b: MSU, Iowa

3c: Minnesota
3d: Indiana

4: Purdue, Maryland, Illinois, Perhaps some other teams I'm forgetting

14: Rutgers

I think PSU and UM are somewhat interchangable. I saw what you saw. Surprisingly, UM's OL took control of that game after the initial shock and awe wore off. PSU also could not handle their pressure, and only pulled the game out because of Hamler taking the top off of the D. We don't have anyone who can do that.

I was told that PSU had a great rush with their front 4. If they do...I was very impressed by UM's OL. Even when PSU brought pressure, the communication up front and pick ups were very solid.

Patterson was very good in this game. But he is a one read guy for the most part. He panics if his initial read isn't open. He makes great throws if his read has a chance at the ball.

UM's WRs are crazy big, physical and talented. They don't always hold onto the ball. But there is little chance we can cover these guys or hang with them without getting pressure up front. Our DBs are too small.

Situationally, I think we will have a fair shot to win each game. Doesn't mean we will. Coming into this game I thought UM was the much weaker link between the 2 and we would have just as good of a shot at winning that as winning vs. PSU.

Right now I'd say chances of winning vs. PSU - 54%
Chances of winning @ UM - 42%

Again this is situational. PSU is coming off of a prime time gauntlet and we get them at home, off of a bye.

It’s why I always read your stuff. Reasonable and well reasoned.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-10-20, 00:24

I'm also wrong a lot. Fucking always for the most part. So factor that into my equations, as well.

Here is a thing I want to point out, from my perspective. We knew PSU had the lofty ranking and crazy Defensive scoring metrics. I had watched PSU a few times - Pitt, Maryland, Iowa. I was kind of thinking that going into the MSU game...we might run up against another OSU/Wiscy and score 4 points and everyone would freak out, when it might not be freak out worthy (because PSU's D is that good).

I'm gonna back off of that ledge. PSU has some good athletes on D, they have some good pass rushers, a good MLB, a very good CB. They have some dudes. But they aren't OSU or Wisconsin. If we come off of the bye week, at home, and can't move the ball on these guys and can't score on them, because of non-self inflicted mistakes...maybe we do need to blow it all up.

I just...man, sometimes it's hard to get there. Like if we would have hired Gattis instead of promoting Salem, and our Offense had actually been worse than it has been to this point...we would be getting a break from the fans and the local and national media, because at least we tried?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-10-20, 00:32

Here is another fun bye week thing. I don't really know how this evolved, but basically here's how it breaks down. My wife is an elementary school teacher. She is a rock star, I could not do what she does and neither could any of you motherfuckers so save the hot takes.

Someone at the school decided that it would be awesome to paint lines for the hoops court. They don't really have that in their arsenal, so hey guess what, my husband can do that! And then I had to explain delicately that the court painting kit that I have cost me like ~ $200 and I'd rather go out and help them spray it than loan it out.

So now my Sunday is going to my wife's school, which is outside of my kid's district, and spraying a new hoops court. And I don't mean to be an ass about this, if the kids would use it I'd be hyped. But my kid is also an Elementary student, and a big hoophead, and yeah....they play football and baseball and wall ball. They don't play hoops because of the travels and the fouls.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-10-20, 00:39

We're gonna win
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-10-20, 00:42

Clearly i'm hammered at this point. tOfficial #Skullfuck the Bye Week Thread - Page 2 969504605 tOfficial #Skullfuck the Bye Week Thread - Page 2 969504605 tOfficial #Skullfuck the Bye Week Thread - Page 2 969504605

We're gonna beat dat ass, boff of these teams are not all that.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-20, 01:09

Nordic wrote:We're gonna win

Sincerely optimists before Wisconsin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-20, 07:55

I’ve been predicting a loss to PSU for a while. Vs A2 I’ve seen MSU swivel up and beat UofM teams we have no business Beating. That’s what it’s going to take apparently. The offense can’t have their 3 and out fests and keep the d on the field.

If lose vs Illinois who now looks pretty good and then roll into A2 and lay a turd this will end up being a disastrous season. Gotta score points folks. JLS was right the team that puts up the most points at the end wins the game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-10-20, 09:32

tOfficial #Skullfuck the Bye Week Thread - Page 2 Johnlsmith-slapself
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-20, 09:54

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:tOfficial #Skullfuck the Bye Week Thread - Page 2 Johnlsmith-slapself

Mock him all you want he was a buffoon and that gif was hysterical but he was right about scoring.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2019-10-20, 10:55; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-20, 10:11

John l never went 3-9
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-10-20, 10:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Nordic wrote:We're gonna win

Sincerely optimists before Wisconsin
"I'd rather be an optimist and wrong than to be a pessimist and right."

- Albert Einstein
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-10-20, 10:12

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:John l never went 3-9
John L never won more than 8 games.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-10-20, 11:05

JLS was good at making the program a laughing stock nationally. So he had that going for him, which was nice.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-20, 11:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:John l never went 3-9

Damn, we should have kept him. Wow, what the hell were we thinking. I'd be willing to give the rose, cotton, playoffs, the big ten shampionships back just to keep the man who never went 3-9.

Good call.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-10-20, 11:47

I remember there was a Thursday night Louisville game in November. I can't remember who they were playing. But the news that we were hiring John L literally broke during their game. He was even asked about it by the sideline reporter after the game.

And I remember Wags posting on the old board "Hope your stay is a short one" and everybody getting super pissed off at him for that. I want to post the laughing 😂😂 emoji but I'm on mobile.

Incidentally, Wags also was the first one to call that Coach D was going to be our next coach. Not sure if that was inside info or just a good guess at the time?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-20, 11:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I remember there was a Thursday night Louisville game in November. I can't remember who they were playing. But the news that we were hiring John L literally broke during their game. He was even asked about it by the sideline reporter after the game.

And I remember Wags posting on the old board "Hope your stay is a short one" and everybody getting super pissed off at him for that. I want to post the laughing 😂😂 emoji but I'm on mobile.

Incidentally, Wags also was the first one to call that Coach D was going to be our next coach. Not sure if that was inside info or just a good guess at the time?

At the time I was still talking now and then with Pat Perles Bobby and Charlie Baggett. They all said CMD was doing what he had to do to become the head coach at MSU or OSU. Sure it was a guess but he let people we knew in common what he wanted to accomplish or they were just bull shitting me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2