Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Solich- Loyd Carr -Kirk Ferentz -Mark Dantonio

+6
NigelUno
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
DWags
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Frank Solich- Loyd Carr -Kirk Ferentz -Mark Dantonio  - Page 2 Empty Re: Frank Solich- Loyd Carr -Kirk Ferentz -Mark Dantonio

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-11-20, 16:41

NigelUno wrote:
Are you kidding?  Izzo would be on the committee for sure.  

I would expect that, but then there's been a lot of things I would have expected our Admin/Board to do over the last few years that they didn't....

And I love Coach D, but I don't see him in the AD role.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Frank Solich- Loyd Carr -Kirk Ferentz -Mark Dantonio  - Page 2 Empty Re: Frank Solich- Loyd Carr -Kirk Ferentz -Mark Dantonio

Post by NigelUno 2019-11-20, 16:47

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You might as well make him AD then.
How does being on the committee = naming him AD?

If he's going to have a role in deciding who the next Coach is...he might as well be AD.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-11-20, 16:51

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

The difference is Dabo was at one school, and Saban tried to hire him at another school.

The similarity is both became interim head coaches (and then full time).  Unless, I'm remembering that wrong and Bobby immediately became Head Coach.  
Not sure why it is any kind of a significant difference that Dabo was at a different school.  Bobby was twice at an NFL team and Saban tried to hire him away to college.

The difference is we don't currently have an assistant that matches what happened to Dabo (specifically that Saban tried to hire him away). That's the comparison I made. Any similarity with Bobby becoming interim Coach at MSU (and Dabo becoming interim at Clemson) and how those relate to Saban have nothing to do with the comparison I made.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-11-20, 16:53

I.B. Fine wrote:
NigelUno wrote:
Are you kidding?  Izzo would be on the committee for sure.  

I would expect that, but then there's been a lot of things I would have expected our Admin/Board to do over the last few years that they didn't....

I don't either. But, he shouldn't have a role in choosing his successor (at this time, in my opinion).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-11-20, 16:55

NigelUno wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

I don't either. But, he shouldn't have a role in choosing his successor (at this time, in my opinion).

I think he gets to sit in a few interviews, give some input, good PR, but not making the decision.
All assuming he retires...
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2