Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shea Patterson getting a fifth year?

+7
Wally Fairway
steveschneider
NigelUno
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
aualum06
DWags
11 posters

Go down

Shea Patterson getting a fifth year? Empty Shea Patterson getting a fifth year?

Post by DWags 2019-12-11, 21:30

http://www.diehardsport.com/college-football/rumblings-shea-patterson-could-get-5th-year-of-eligibility/?fbclid=IwAR1d-IiFgy9-0tT4F2f3xPk3mZ1MuT9BdyHzQVvWtg6jyhoxqF6WW-Ka8pI
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Shea Patterson getting a fifth year? Empty Re: Shea Patterson getting a fifth year?

Post by aualum06 2019-12-11, 21:33

Got a third Heisman to win
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Shea Patterson getting a fifth year? Empty Re: Shea Patterson getting a fifth year?

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-11, 21:49

Shea Patterson getting a fifth year? 502811600 Awesome. I can almost hear McCaffery’s and Milton’s heads exploding all the way up here.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-12-11, 22:22

aualum06 wrote:Got a third Heisman to win

LOL
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-12-11, 22:27

Dang. He went from a #1 mock pick and being one and done at UM, to (possibly) sticking around for 3 years?

QB Whisperer needs a megaphone.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-12, 07:25

Players at that school get everything they want.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-12-12, 08:50

I guess he believes one of the Michigan mantras

Shea Patterson getting a fifth year? WHOSTAYBANNER

Shea Patterson getting a fifth year? VA1619

Shea Patterson getting a fifth year? PIC1553

Shea Patterson getting a fifth year? 8810730._UY630_SR1200,630_

But seriously why not stay? It isn't like he is going to be playing football on Sundays!

For the record this is the last Piss & Blue team to be champions is 2004, 9-3 and co-champions with Iowa
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-12-12, 08:56

"Those Who Stay For A Majority Of Their Adult Life Will Be Champions At Something We're Just Not Sure Exactly What That Is At This Time Check Back With Us As You're Granted Additional Years Of Eligibility And We'll Let You Know What Area Of Life You Will Be A Champion In It Could Be Anything From Real Estate To Washing Cars We're Not Sure Yet ".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-12-12, 09:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:"Those Who Stay For A Majority Of Their Adult Life Will Be Champions At Something We're Just Not Sure Exactly What That Is At This Time Check Back With Us As You're Granted Additional Years Of Eligibility And We'll Let You Know What Area Of Life You Will Be A Champion In It Could Be Anything From Real Estate To Washing Cars We're Not Sure Yet ".

This should be hash tagged. Or at least a series of hash tags.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-12-12, 09:43

Unless the NCAA retroactively applies the new 4 game rule, this would appear to be highly unlikely.

He wasn't hurt his FR year, and he was going to redshirt. But, Chad Kelly tore his ACL and Patterson played the last 3 games. So, he can't apply for an extra year due to injury. Would be cool if the NCAA dragged it out and some of UM's other QBs decided to transfer though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-12, 09:58

Wally Fairway wrote:I guess he believes one of the Michigan mantras

But seriously why not stay? It isn't like he is going to be playing football on Sundays!

For the record this is the last Piss & Blue team to be champions is 2004, 9-3 and co-champions with Iowa

That year we beat those bastards in the Big House when they had Desmond Howard. Probably greatest victory of my life. We truly ruined their season and caused a major d bag to be haunted by his epic choke job for the rest of his life.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-12-12, 10:41

steveschneider wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:I guess he believes one of the Michigan mantras

That year we beat those bastards in the Big House when they had Desmond Howard. Probably greatest victory of my life. We truly ruined their season and caused a major d bag to be haunted by his epic choke job for the rest of his life.

Saw that one at the big hole. Went with a bunch of scum fans. Their sadness was truly a thing to behold.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-12, 10:48

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Saw that one at the big hole. Went with a bunch of scum fans. Their sadness was truly a thing to behold.

I am jealous. What was it like outside of the stadium? What were they saying?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-12-12, 10:58

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I cant remember too much trash talk. It was different then I guess. The monsoon game two years ago vs that one way back when. Tons more crap being said after as I remember. I guess it’s the society we live in now
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-12-12, 10:59

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I didn't see any No. 1 vs. No One t shirts after the game.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-12-12, 11:31

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

It was a long time ago (you’d have to ask a scum fan on ancient history, they’re better at that than me) but it was strangely quiet after the game at the golf course, lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-12, 11:39

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

It was a long time ago (you’d have to ask a scum fan on ancient history, they’re better at that than me) but it was strangely quiet after the game at the golf course, lol.

My memories are vague, but I remember going to school that Monday and a couple of the die hard dip shits were whining about how they were robbed. Bunch of cry babies and yes that outcome was incredible.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-12-13, 11:55

Tarik Black in the transfer Portal.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-12-13, 12:01

DWags wrote:Tarik Black in the transfer Portal.

Freep should get around to reporting on this sometime after the Spring game.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-12-13, 12:04

so.. UM went Black and he's never going back?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-12-13, 12:15

Jake from State Farm wrote:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2019/12/13/tarik-black-transfer-michigan-football-ncaa/2637503001/
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-12-13, 12:37

NigelUno wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2019/12/13/tarik-black-transfer-michigan-football-ncaa/2637503001/

How they write about uofm transfers:

In 2019, Black made 25 catches for 343 yards, the fourth-highest total on the team. He also scored one touchdown.

But Black, a junior, was often overshadowed by the team's other skill-position players. Wideouts Nico Collins, Ronnie Bell and Donovan Peoples-Jones were each featured more prominently in the offense designed by first-year coordinator Josh Gattis.

How they write about MSU transfers:

CHRIS SOLARI, DETROIT FREE PRESS
In the 50th week since its creation, the NCAA transfer portal has sucked Mark Dantonio into its orbit, forcing the Michigan State football coach to contemplate what it has wrought in the sport that has consumed his life for more than 40 years.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-12-13, 13:08

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

In 2019, Black made 25 catches for 343 yards, the fourth-highest total on the team. He also scored one touchdown.

But Black, a junior, was often overshadowed by the team's other skill-position players. Wideouts Nico Collins, Ronnie Bell and Donovan Peoples-Jones were each featured more prominently in the offense designed by first-year coordinator Josh Gattis.

In the 50th week since its creation, the NCAA transfer portal has sucked Mark Dantonio into its orbit, forcing the Michigan State football coach to contemplate what it has wrought in the sport that has consumed his life for more than 40 years.

If they lose DPJ and/or Collins, the tune might change a bit.

There was certainly some pants wetting among parts of our fan base, when we lost a few guys. Michigan players are just "Harbaugh'd".

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-13, 13:14

DPJ would be smart to portal now, before the embarrassment against Alabama.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-12-13, 14:00

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

There was certainly some pants wetting among parts of our fan base, when we lost a few guys. Michigan players are just "Harbaugh'd".

Point is, Black was a four star speedster who was supposed to really fit into their speed and space offense. Within the article saying it’s no big deal he transferred there is a link to another article saying how great their incoming and freshmen receivers are.

We lose a redshirt two star OL and it’s gloom and doom and the wheels are coming off. (He might have been 3 star I don’t know)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-12-13, 14:11

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Point is, Black was a four star speedster who was supposed to really fit into their speed and space offense. Within the article saying it’s no big deal he transferred there is a link to another article saying how great their incoming and freshmen receivers are.

We lose a redshirt two star OL and it’s gloom and doom and the wheels are coming off. (He might have been 3 star I don’t know)

I get it. But, you could take a trip to another board and get a lot of doom and gloom without reading the freep.

If the freep has an agenda (or spin), some members of our fan base perpetuate it as well.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-12-13, 14:37

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

I get it. But, you could take a trip to another board and get a lot of doom and gloom without reading the freep.

If the freep has an agenda (or spin), some members of our fan base perpetuate it as well.
Our fanbase can be wonderful about being super critical. Or, let me put it in their words, realistic.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-12-13, 14:40

There is a difference between being a journalist and being a fan.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-12-13, 15:01

DWags wrote:There is a difference between being a journalist and being a fan.
what up, Hondo.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-12-13, 15:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:There is a difference between being a journalist and being a fan.
what up, Hondo.

He’s neither
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-13, 15:09

Am I being a wuss? With no qb next year and Shit Patterson returning I could see UofM winning three straight. Will starter next year be able to put up points? In my view we will regress where as I’d argue they will improve at that position.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-12-13, 15:14

steveschneider wrote:Am I being a wuss? With no qb next year and Shit Patterson returning I could see UofM winning three straight. Will starter next year be able to put up points? In my view we will regress where as I’d argue they will improve at that position.

I’d hold off on wetting my pants till we see the QB we have.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-12-13, 15:15

steveschneider wrote:Am I being a wuss? With no qb next year and Shit Patterson returning I could see UofM winning three straight. Will starter next year be able to put up points? In my view we will regress where as I’d argue they will improve at that position.

Shit Patterson will not be QB at UM next year.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-13, 15:15

DWags wrote:

I’d hold off on wetting my pants till we see the QB we have.

Yeah, hopefully we have raw talent on the bench we level up with our coordinators and get a good slinger next year that restores the glory.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-13, 15:17

NigelUno wrote:

Where is Shit Patterson off to?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-12-13, 15:30

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Where is Shit Patterson off to?

CFL.

Maybe practice squad for the Lions.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down