Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

27 times the speed of sound?

+6
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
steveschneider
DWags
Banks2Mason
The Pantry
10 posters

Go down

27 times the speed of sound? Empty 27 times the speed of sound?

Post by The Pantry 2019-12-27, 13:57

MOSCOW (AP) — A new intercontinental weapon that can fly 27 times the speed of sound became operational Friday, Russia's defense minister reported to President Vladimir Putin, bolstering the country's nuclear strike capability.

Putin has described the Avangard hypersonic glide vehicle as a technological breakthrough comparable to the 1957 Soviet launch of the first satellite. The new Russian weapon and a similar system being developed by China have troubled the United States, which has pondered defense strategies.

The Avangard is launched atop an intercontinental ballistic missile, but unlike a regular missile warhead that follows a predictable path after separation it can make sharp maneuvers in the atmosphere en route to target, making it much harder to intercept.

New Russian weapon can travel 27 times the speed of sound
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

27 times the speed of sound? Empty Re: 27 times the speed of sound?

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-12-27, 14:00

i'm sure some american libtard "scientist" invented it so trump gave it to putin
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-12-27, 14:01

The Pantry wrote:MOSCOW (AP) — A new intercontinental weapon that can fly 27 times the speed of sound became operational Friday, Russia's defense minister reported to President Vladimir Putin, bolstering the country's nuclear strike capability.

Putin has described the Avangard hypersonic glide vehicle as a technological breakthrough comparable to the 1957 Soviet launch of the first satellite. The new Russian weapon and a similar system being developed by China have troubled the United States, which has pondered defense strategies.

The Avangard is launched atop an intercontinental ballistic missile, but unlike a regular missile warhead that follows a predictable path after separation it can make sharp maneuvers in the atmosphere en route to target, making it much harder to intercept.

New Russian weapon can travel 27 times the speed of sound

Our leader is probably so happy for Putin.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-27, 15:06

Remember those two guys at a MAGA rally that had on a shirt that said I'd rather be a Russian than a Democrat? Those two are like MSU students that walk around campus wearing Michigan gear.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-12-27, 15:12

27 times the speed of sound? 9b2_717trump1-3-800x430
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-12-27, 15:13

steveschneider wrote:Remember those two guys at a MAGA rally that had on a shirt that said I'd rather be a Russian than a Democrat? Those two are like MSU students that walk around campus wearing Michigan gear.

difference is that the two MSU students can read
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-12-27, 15:15

Banks2Mason wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Remember those two guys at a MAGA rally that had on a shirt that said I'd rather be a Russian than a Democrat? Those two are like MSU students that walk around campus wearing Michigan gear.

Debatable. A few people here went to MSU and I'm pretty sure Guest can't read.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2019-12-27, 15:24; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-27, 15:23

Turtleneck wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

Debatable. A few people hear went to MSU and I'm pretty sure Guest can't read.

You sonuvabitch!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-12-27, 15:25

Turtleneck wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

Debatable. A few people here went to MSU and I'm pretty sure Guest can't read.

i may not no how 2 read but i do no that killary turned all MI's deer gay n now i wont hav n e thing 2 hunt in 5 yeers #MGAA
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-12-27, 15:35

Typical. In your continued rage, you clowns turn everything political when you hear the word "Russia" and ignore the incredible technology and possible consequences.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-12-27, 15:41

The Pantry wrote:Typical. In your continued rage, you clowns turn everything political when you hear the word "Russia" and ignore the incredible technology and possible consequences.

Is this the start of the civil war?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-12-27, 15:42

The Pantry wrote:Typical. In your continued rage, you clowns turn everything political when you hear the word "Russia" and ignore the incredible technology and possible consequences.

We’re not ignoring it, but we’re laughing at the POTUS who does.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-12-27, 15:48

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I'm more worried about WW3.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-27, 16:33

I'm just upset that a few fellow Americans would ignore the threat that Putin poses and would rather side with him over their own fucking team.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-12-27, 16:48

steveschneider wrote:I'm just upset that a few fellow Americans would ignore the threat that Putin poses and would rather side with him over their own fucking team.
Your head is twisting so far up your ass that I'm taking it out of neutral and shifting to team Cam.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-12-27, 17:06

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I'm just upset that a few fellow Americans would ignore the threat that Putin poses and would rather side with him over their own fucking team.
Your head is twisting so far up your ass that I'm taking it out of neutral and shifting to team Cam.

27 times the speed of sound? 3493939353
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-27, 17:13

If my disgust with those two morons wearing their pro russian shirst bothers you that much then you shouldn't be on my team anyway. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-12-27, 17:24

steveschneider wrote:If my disgust with those two morons wearing their pro russian shirt bothers you that much then you shouldn't be on my team anyway. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Please, you first, foreign car lover.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-27, 17:34

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:If my disgust with those two morons wearing their pro russian shirt bothers you that much then you shouldn't be on my team anyway. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Please, you first, foreign car lover.

I bet the TV you are watching the game on and the computer you made that post on wasn't made in America but go on.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-12-27, 18:44

steveschneider wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Please, you first, foreign car lover.

I bet the TV you are watching the game on and the computer you made that post on wasn't made in America but go on.
Manufacturing TV's in the US went out the American window with Curtis Mathes over 30 years ago. I'm seriously lmao at you comparing designing and building a TV or computer to road vehicles. btw...the technology for all three originated here in the US.

History lesson. Japanese cars were complete shit until about the early 80s. Anyone my age would tell you the same.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-27, 18:47

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Manufacturing TV's in the US went out the American window with Curtis Mathes over 30 years ago. I'm seriously lmao at you comparing designing and building a TV or computer to road vehicles. btw...the technology for all three originated here in the US.

History lesson. Japanese cars were complete shit until about the early 80s. Anyone my age would tell you the same.

I like you Pantry, if it was pre-80's you could rest assured I'd be driving an American car.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-12-27, 18:55

The Pantry wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I'm more worried about WW3.

Why? Trump is cool with Russia.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-27, 20:06

If Ronald Reagan saw those two in those shirts he would have been as just as disgusted with them as I am.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-12-27, 20:22

steveschneider wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Manufacturing TV's in the US went out the American window with Curtis Mathes over 30 years ago.  I'm seriously lmao at you comparing designing and building a TV or computer to road vehicles.  btw...the technology for all three originated here in the US.  

History lesson.  Japanese cars were complete shit until about the early 80s.  Anyone my age would tell you the same.  

I like you Pantry, if it was pre-80's you could rest assured I'd be driving an American car.
To be truthful, foreign automakers (specifically the Japanese) changed things for the better in the early-mid 80s.  They upped the emphasis on quality.  The Big 3 were producing some of the worst vehicles they ever designed/built at the time, seemingly sort of paralyzed by memories of the mid 70s oil embargo/new regulations, and the ever-growing arrogance of the UAW.  The Japanese started building some decent cars at the perfect time and got a foothold in the American market.

All these years later, including the economic crash in '09 when the idiots in DC got to grill leaders of The Big 3 on national TV after quietly throwing multiple billions (free, not a loan) to the banking industry to bailout its far more massive fuck-up, many US consumers are still convinced domestic vehicles are inferior.  It's sad.  

Have worked for automotive OEMs over 40 years.  GM, Ford, and Chrysler (FCA) make some of the best products available now and should not be dismissed by thumb-nosers claiming foreign is better.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-27, 21:50

You should fly out to New York, I'll pick you up at LaGuardia in my Prius and we'll go hyper mileing over to Satin Dolls (the Bada Bing from the Sopranos) on 17 in Jersey. I'm guaranteeing you by the time we cross the tunnel you'll be like 'this car aint so bad after all!'.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-12-27, 21:53

I’ll drive you to Steve’s in a Ford, Pantry. That way your time in NY won’t be all terrible.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2019-12-28, 00:47

Seems pretty fast. Is it this one?

y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-12-28, 08:50

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

To be truthful, foreign automakers (specifically the Japanese) changed things for the better in the early-mid 80s.  They upped the emphasis on quality.  The Big 3 were producing some of the worst vehicles they ever designed/built at the time, seemingly sort of paralyzed by memories of the mid 70s oil embargo/new regulations, and the ever-growing arrogance of the UAW.  The Japanese started building some decent cars at the perfect time and got a foothold in the American market.

All these years later, including the economic crash in '09 when the idiots in DC got to grill leaders of The Big 3 on national TV after quietly throwing multiple billions (free, not a loan) to the banking industry to bailout its far more massive fuck-up, many US consumers are still convinced domestic vehicles are inferior.  It's sad.  

Have worked for automotive OEMs over 40 years.  GM, Ford, and Chrysler (FCA) make some of the best products available now and should not be dismissed by thumb-nosers claiming foreign is better.

Is that why they call a Ford Focus a Ford Fuckedus?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down