Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perhaps the conference is just better...

+12
MiamiSpartan
duffy munn
Watch Out Pylon!
Senior Dickfist
kingstonlake
aualum06
DWags
Jake from State Farm
SawGreen
tGreenWay
steveschneider
Bill Cain
16 posters

Go down

Perhaps the conference is just better... Empty Perhaps the conference is just better...

Post by Bill Cain 2019-12-30, 18:08

And MSU just failed to adapt? The Big 10 is competitive or winning each bowl game they’re in. Even the shitty programs like Illinois are playing well against better programs.

The rest of the conference is now playing their “A” game and our offense is playing like it’s still 1999.

I hate thinking that when MSU was competitive the rest of the Big 10 was down, but it definitely makes you think
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Perhaps the conference is just better... Empty Re: Perhaps the conference is just better...

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-30, 18:16

Hey Bill, what should MSU do to get with the times?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Perhaps the conference is just better... Empty Re: Perhaps the conference is just better...

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-30, 18:19

So happy someone started this thread. We need to be willing to discuss this topic.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-12-30, 18:41

I think there is a different approach to the college game and the pro game. Only the elite recruiters can go the pro-game-plan route. The rest need to compete with smoke and mirrors.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-12-30, 19:05

SawGreen wrote:I think there is a different approach to the college game and the pro game. Only the elite recruiters can go the pro-game-plan route. The rest need to compete with smoke and mirrors.

A new slogan for CFB? Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-12-30, 19:11

Bill Cain wrote:And MSU just failed to adapt? The Big 10 is competitive or winning each bowl game they’re in. Even the shitty programs like Illinois are playing well against better programs.

The rest of the conference is now playing their “A” game and our offense is playing like it’s still 1999.

I hate thinking that when MSU was competitive the rest of the Big 10 was down, but it definitely makes you think

Wish we had 1999’s offense and team.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-12-30, 19:15

DWags wrote:
Bill Cain wrote:And MSU just failed to adapt? The Big 10 is competitive or winning each bowl game they’re in. Even the shitty programs like Illinois are playing well against better programs.

Wish we had 1999’s offense and team.

This.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-12-30, 19:19

The defense, while not vintage, is good enough to compete. The offense just isn’t.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2019-12-30, 19:32

Jake from State Farm wrote:
SawGreen wrote:I think there is a different approach to the college game and the pro game. Only the elite recruiters can go the pro-game-plan route. The rest need to compete with smoke and mirrors.

A new slogan for CFB? Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

I love it!!!
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-12-30, 19:35

Edinger was fucking money in '99.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-30, 19:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Edinger was fucking money in '99.

Like, 20s or 100s? Did he cut holes in them?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-12-30, 19:51

[tw]948734640948424710?lang=en[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-12-30, 19:54

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Edinger was fucking money in '99.

Like, 20s or 100s? Did he cut holes in them?

2's. He's quirky.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-12-30, 21:03

aualum06 wrote:[tw]948734640948424710?lang=en[/tw]

My best bowl experience and this includes the 88 Rose Bowl. Mostly because I got to take my wife and sons to Disney and a two week vacation. Incredible time.

On second thought, the 88 Rose Bowl was pretty awesome too. Went solo and partied like a rock star. It was the 80's.

Toss-up
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-12-30, 23:45

duffy munn wrote:
aualum06 wrote:[tw]948734640948424710?lang=en[/tw]

My best bowl experience and this includes the 88 Rose Bowl. Mostly because I got to take my wife and sons to Disney and a two week vacation. Incredible time.

On second thought, the 88 Rose Bowl was pretty awesome too. Went solo and partied like a rock star. It was the 80's.

Toss-up
It can't top the 2014 Rose Bowl for me, but it is still special, as it was such a surprising season and I had moved to Florida just 2 months before the game. While still adjusting to being so far from MSU, the way the green and white descended on Orlando was just awesome. I had already developed a hatred for UF, which made it all the sweeter to win that, and then beat them again for the NC in basketball 3 months later.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-12-30, 23:53

Meh. It's OSU and 13 other programs right now. They are light years ahead of the rest of the conference.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-31, 07:42

I just look at the college playoffs it still looks like the sec and acc are way ahead of the B1G. Also, let’s pump the breaks on the B1G conference looking better until we see them vs the SEC.We could easily go 3-0 in those games.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-12-31, 07:49

steveschneider wrote:I just look at the college playoffs it still looks like the sec and acc are way ahead of the B1G. Also, let’s pump the breaks on the B1G conference looking better until we see them vs the SEC.We could easily go 3-0 in those games.

I would pump the breaks a little on the ACC being better than the B1G. Much like the B1G with OSU and then the rest, with the ACC there's Clemson and then all the rest.

Unless your point is just that Clemson is way of OSU. Maybe. I don't know.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-12-31, 08:29

Turtleneck wrote:

Meh. It's OSU and 13 other programs right now. They are light years ahead of the rest of the conference.

It was always that way. We just had two great teams that, let's be honest, got all the breaks they needed to win in 13 and 15. That's how CFB works though.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-12-31, 08:41

MiamiSpartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Toss-up
It can't top the 2014 Rose Bowl for me, but it is still special, as it was such a surprising season and I had moved to Florida just 2 months before the game. While still adjusting to being so far from MSU, the way the green and white descended on Orlando was just awesome. I had already developed a hatred for UF, which made it all the sweeter to win that, and then beat them again for the NC in basketball 3 months later.

Gotta be the 2014 Rose Bowl. Then again, it's the only bowl game I've been to. But goddamn was that an experience. Hugging complete strangers after the Elsworth stop. Pregaminig on the golf course. Enjoying a victory cigar on the beach in Malibu the next day, or near Malibu, I can't quite remember but it was in the area at least. We had friends that were renting this tiny house right on the beach off of Pacific Coast Highway.

Got lucky flying back. Went from LAX to ORD to GRR. A lot of airports were shutting down as I got into GR that morning. One of the guy's that went with me had a different flight back and got stuck in Tennessee for an extra day.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-12-31, 08:43

Banks2Mason wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It was always that way. We just had two great teams that, let's be honest, got all the breaks they needed to win in 13 and 15. That's how CFB works though.

That 2013 team was title worthy for that year. Read: no dominant Alabama team that year.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-31, 09:42

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I just look at the college playoffs it still looks like the sec and acc are way ahead of the B1G. Also, let’s pump the breaks on the B1G conference looking better until we see them vs the SEC.We could easily go 3-0 in those games.

I would pump the breaks a little on the ACC being better than the B1G. Much like the B1G with OSU and then the rest, with the ACC there's Clemson and then all the rest.

Unless your point is just that Clemson is way of OSU. Maybe. I don't know.

Yeah, I agree but I guess when I wrote about that I thought about Florida State as well. Even though their program is in the dumps they won a title this decade. Also, Notre Dame made it to a championship game this decade. I think there's a case to be made for a conference that's been able to put three different teams into a title game the last decade.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-12-31, 11:01

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

That 2013 team was title worthy for that year. Read: no dominant Alabama team that year.

i agree completely. that said, the 13 OSU team still outrecruited everyone in the big ten by a mile.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-12-31, 11:41

Banks2Mason wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It was always that way. 

True, but in my lifetime, the gap between OSU and the rest of the conference, the University of Ann Arbor included, has never been this big. They seem light years ahead of everybody.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2020-01-01, 14:07

This is the best the big tens been since the 90s
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-01-01, 20:52

How so? Because a few teams hung in during the first half?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum