Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeter one vote shy of unanimous selection to the hall.

+8
Banks2Mason
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
steveschneider
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jeter one vote shy of unanimous selection to the hall.   Empty Jeter one vote shy of unanimous selection to the hall.

Post by DWags Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 18:33

Won't google it now, but can you find out who it was?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Jeter one vote shy of unanimous selection to the hall.   Empty Re: Jeter one vote shy of unanimous selection to the hall.

Post by DWags Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 18:38

Larry Walker also made it. Schilling just shy. Clemens and Bonds heads were still growing from Peds so they didn't get in.

What idiot left Jeter off their ballot? Seriously, take that vote away.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Jeter one vote shy of unanimous selection to the hall.   Empty Re: Jeter one vote shy of unanimous selection to the hall.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 18:39

I don't know but isn't there a voter out there that refuses to vote for anyone the 1st time they're on the ballot?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 18:52

DWags wrote:Larry Walker also made it. Schilling just shy. Clemens and Bonds heads were still growing from Peds so they didn't get in.

What idiot left Jeter off their ballot? Seriously, take that vote away.

I hope it was a Spartan. Fuck that Yankee walverine scum.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 18:54

I can’t stand the HOF process. Just redo the whole thing and take this away from the god awful writers.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 18:55

Jeter, Hodges, Bonds, Rose, Whitaker, Clemens put them all in. It is ridiculous.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 19:00

February 4th are when votes are released. You can choose not to go public though supposedly.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 19:11

This is a devastating development. I can't imagine Jeter ever sleeping through the night again.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 19:11

I mean, I get it’s your right to vote for whom ever, but I think you should have to publicly justify it. I honestly believe sweet Lou isn’t in because of his staying in the dugout during the anthem. Which has nothing to do with baseball. At that point you’re voting based on a guys religion
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 19:36

Next unanimous HOFer will be the first, no? Jeter doesn't deserve that honor. Nobody probably ever will. Maybe Mike Trout.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 19:38

Cameron wrote:Next unanimous HOFer will be the first, no? Jeter doesn't deserve that honor. Nobody probably ever will. Maybe Mike Trout.

Mariano Rivera?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 19:40

kingstonlake wrote:
Cameron wrote:Next unanimous HOFer will be the first, no? Jeter doesn't deserve that honor. Nobody probably ever will. Maybe Mike Trout.

Mariano Rivera?

That's a pretty good one, I could see that.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 19:40

Cameron wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Mariano Rivera?

It happened last year.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 19:41

Cameron wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Mariano Rivera?

Me as well. Last year......
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 0:53

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Cameron wrote:

It happened last year.

Jeter one vote shy of unanimous selection to the hall.   502811600 Oh.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 8:19

We are a collective wealth of knowledge in this thread. Jeter one vote shy of unanimous selection to the hall.   502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 8:46

if Jeter played in Kansas City or wherever, he'd be a borderline HOFer. fight me.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 9:21

Banks2Mason wrote:if Jeter played in Kansas City or wherever, he'd be a borderline HOFer. fight me.

Borderline HOF #s:  2365 hits, 185 HRs, 1003 RBIs, .285 BA

Jeter #s:  3465 hits, 260 HRs, 1311 RBIs, .310 BA

And:

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=0&type=8&season=2014&month=0&season1=1990&ind=0&team=&rost=&age=&filter=&players=
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 9:24

NigelUno wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:if Jeter played in Kansas City or wherever, he'd be a borderline HOFer. fight me.

Borderline HOF #s: 2365 hits, 185 HRs, 1003 RBIs, .285 BA

Jeter #s: 3465 hits, 260 HRs, 1311 RBIs, .310 BA

deified bc he played in NYC. period. refused to stop playing SS when there were better SS options on the team. maybe "borderline" was hyperbole, but first ballot is a stretch.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 9:26

Banks2Mason wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Borderline HOF #s: 2365 hits, 185 HRs, 1003 RBIs, .285 BA

Jeter #s: 3465 hits, 260 HRs, 1311 RBIs, .310 BA

deified bc he played in NYC. period. refused to stop playing SS when there were better SS options on the team. maybe "borderline" was hyperbole, but first ballot is a stretch.

Who knew you had a vote?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 9:37

NigelUno wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

Who knew you had a vote?

i'm as qualified as most of the BBWAA idiots
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 9:40

Banks2Mason wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Who knew you had a vote?

Obviously at least as qualified as the one guy that didn't vote him in.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 9:41

NigelUno wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

i hope you enjoyed your jeter gift basket
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 9:45

Banks2Mason wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Who knew you had a vote?

100% agree.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 9:47

NigelUno wrote:

Borderline HOF #s:  2365 hits, 185 HRs, 1003 RBIs, .285 BA

Jeter #s:  3465 hits, 260 HRs, 1311 RBIs, .310 BA

And:

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=0&type=8&season=2014&month=0&season1=1990&ind=0&team=&rost=&age=&filter=&players=

Also, nothing in the stat sheets but how many clutch and incredible plays has he made in October? He's created some timeless moments.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 9:51

Banks2Mason wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Jeter one vote shy of unanimous selection to the hall.   502811600

Seems like you were (and still are) pissed that's all you got...other than the herp of course.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 9:59

NigelUno wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

Seems like you were (and still are) pissed that's all you got...other than the herp of course.  

baseball HOF voting is one of the dumbest things in sports. it's stupid all around.

lebetard giving his vote to deadspin and then getting kicked out of the BBWAA was hilarious and the only good thing this process has ever done.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 10:03

Banks2Mason wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

baseball HOF voting is one of the dumbest things in sports. it's stupid all around.

lebetard giving his vote to deadspin and then getting kicked out of the BBWAA was hilarious and the only good thing this process has ever done.

Not sure bitching about Jeter getting in on the first ballot is a great way to make your point though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 10:04

You mean like George Brett?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 10:11

NigelUno wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

Not sure bitching about Jeter getting in on the first ballot is a great way to make your point though.

baseball's general deification of a very good SS who played for the yankees was idiotic and emblematic of of baseball as a whole. that whole year-long retirement tour was ridiculous.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 10:16

Depends. Which sport?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 10:17

He’s no Freddie Patek.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 10:33

tGreenWay wrote:

He’s no Freddie Patek.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 10:39

There are only 26 guys in big league history with 3000 hits. It's a pretty exclusive club and everyone of them ( save Pete rose) is in the Hall of Fame.

While I agree a lot of the voting is stupid, 3000 is a great bench mark.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Costanza Thu 23 Jan 2020 - 9:41

Jeter is 100% a hall of famer, maybe even a first ballot guy. But no way does he deserve to go in unanimously. That honor should be given to players who are the best at their position of all time. Which is why Mariano got it. That said, BBWA are a bunch of old white men who need to get rid of their grudges and let Bonds, Clemens, and Rose in.
Johnny Costanza
Johnny Costanza
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 23 Jan 2020 - 9:47

Johnny Costanza wrote:Jeter is 100% a hall of famer, maybe even a first ballot guy. But no way does he deserve to go in unanimously. That honor should be given to players who are the best at their position of all time. Which is why Mariano got it. That said, BBWA are a bunch of old white men who need to get rid of their grudges and let Bonds, Clemens, and Rose in.

I get your point. However, every writer gets one vote. That individual writer has to vote on whether those players deserve the hall or not. "No body should be unanimous" should not be a criteria in my book.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Costanza Thu 23 Jan 2020 - 9:58

DWags wrote:
Johnny Costanza wrote:Jeter is 100% a hall of famer, maybe even a first ballot guy. But no way does he deserve to go in unanimously. That honor should be given to players who are the best at their position of all time. Which is why Mariano got it. That said, BBWA are a bunch of old white men who need to get rid of their grudges and let Bonds, Clemens, and Rose in.

I get your point.  However, every writer gets one vote.  That individual writer has to vote on whether those players deserve the hall or not.   "No body should be unanimous" should not be a criteria in my book.  

I agree that you can't think that way as a voter. Hopefully whoever the voter was that didn't vote him in decided against it because he was as bad of a defensive short stop as has ever played the game.
Johnny Costanza
Johnny Costanza
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 23 Jan 2020 - 10:10

Johnny Costanza wrote:
DWags wrote:

I get your point.  However, every writer gets one vote.  That individual writer has to vote on whether those players deserve the hall or not.   "No body should be unanimous" should not be a criteria in my book.  

I agree that you can't think that way as a voter. Hopefully whoever the voter was that didn't vote him in decided against it because he was as bad of a defensive short stop as has ever played the game.

I have no doubt playing in NY helped him with the myth of "needs to be unanimous" on the first ballot.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 4 Feb 2020 - 19:13

The one ballot that kept him from being the second unanimously HOF inducted player chooses to remain anonymous.

Coward.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Tue 4 Feb 2020 - 19:19

kingstonlake wrote:The one ballot that kept him from being the second unanimously HOF inducted player chooses to remain anonymous.

Coward.

Cowards were the ones that voted riveria in unanimous
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next