Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this one different?

+12
InTenSity
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
Banks2Mason
DWags
NigelUno
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
16 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Is this one different? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this one different?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-27, 12:06

Just made the mistake of flipping the TV to CNN (yeah, I know).. one guy, in reference to the Bolton manuscript, was screeching about this being a "game changer"...

Is this one different? - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-01-27, 12:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Just made the mistake of flipping the TV to CNN (yeah, I know).. one guy, in reference to the Bolton manuscript, was screeching about this being a "game changer"...

I'm surprised they're not doing nonstop coverage of the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-27, 12:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Just made the mistake of flipping the TV to CNN (yeah, I know).. one guy, in reference to the Bolton manuscript, was screeching about this being a "game changer"...

I had to switch it to Fox this morning. Seems they're a bit nervous about Bolton. Saying "Well, I think the President's legal team should go with the defense that even if he said that it's not illegal and not impeachable and move on. They won't get 20 republican senators to vote with the democrats anyway".

At least they're being honest today.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-27, 12:43

I’m still of the thinking you won’t see a witness testify. At this point it seems the GOP doesn’t care. It’s about weathering the storm. They know what he did, this don’t like it, but they’re not willing to go on record and impeach him. They know he’ll be out of office next November or four years later and they will still be there. They only way they won’t is if they run afoul of their Hitler and he “puts their head on a pike”. Status quo, weather the storm, get back to business once he’s gone. But at all cost don’t lose seats because your party turns against you. If Dems defeat them in races so be it. But they’re not gonna cannibalize themselves.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-01-27, 14:13

kingstonlake wrote:I’m still of the thinking you won’t see a witness testify. At this point it seems the GOP doesn’t care. It’s about weathering the storm. They know what he did, this don’t like it, but they’re not willing to go on record and impeach him. They know he’ll be out of office next November or four years later and they will still be there. They only way they won’t is if they run afoul of their Hitler and he “puts their head on a pike”. Status quo, weather the storm, get back to business once he’s gone. But at all cost don’t lose seats because your party turns against you. If Dems defeat them in races so be it. But they’re not gonna cannibalize themselves.

The problem with that philosophy is that the status isn’t quo anymore. The slow March of executive branch supremacy is in its final stage. If a president can choose to ignore congressional oversight and suffer no consequences for it, why would any future president agree to any amount of congressional oversight? This isn’t a genie you can put back in the bottle.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-27, 14:23

Rocinante wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I’m still of the thinking you won’t see a witness testify. At this point it seems the GOP doesn’t care. It’s about weathering the storm. They know what he did, this don’t like it, but they’re not willing to go on record and impeach him. They know he’ll be out of office next November or four years later and they will still be there. They only way they won’t is if they run afoul of their Hitler and he “puts their head on a pike”. Status quo, weather the storm, get back to business once he’s gone. But at all cost don’t lose seats because your party turns against you. If Dems defeat them in races so be it. But they’re not gonna cannibalize themselves.

The problem with that philosophy is that the status isn’t quo anymore. The slow March of executive branch supremacy is in its final stage. If a president can choose to ignore congressional oversight and suffer no consequences for it, why would any future president agree to any amount of congressional oversight? This isn’t a genie you can put back in the bottle.

Correct. The GOP is overplaying their hand no doubt. they’re thinking individual protectionism at the expense of the party as a whole. Never has a majority been more important in Congress.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-01-27, 14:37

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Effectively he has called hima liar. Said he made it up to sell books.  

We'll just forget about the witnesses that have said that Bolton said the same to them, cause they're in on it to help Bolton's book.

There are 52 senators who are able to lie to themselves that this POS is innocent.   It amazes me the lack of courage we have.

I’m not even surprised that the “persuadeables” believe and defend trump, Cambridge analytical took care of that a long time ago. But what we’ve lost in this country since Nixon are congressmen with moral courage.  
Moral courage?  Ehhh, that's being pretty generous.  Was it really morally courageous to turn against Nixon when he is on tape discussing using the FBI and CIA to cover up the crime.  While maybe not 100% on party lines, it was still very partisan until the Nixon tapes started coming out, and then the "smoking gun" tape was the final straw.  

The media has been saying a lot of revisionism about the Republican congressmen (congresspeople) during the Nixon stuff.  Well, if not revisionism per se, it's been over-simplification, as they seem to just focus on where the Congressmen stood at the end of everything, not throughout the whole process.  I don't know what the polls were like then, but I doubt many of those "morally courageous" congressmen felt that they were putting their re-election bids on the line by turning on Nixon.  Then and now, these people only care about protecting their current and future candidacies.  And I mean all of them, Dems and Pubs.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-27, 16:13

Jake from State Farm wrote:

I'm surprised they're not doing nonstop coverage of the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash.
ESPN has been wall-to-wall Kobe today (justifiably so)...

the 30-45 seconds I had it on CNN, people with nice haircuts were trying to tell me what to think.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-27, 16:15

There are still people thinking the anti-America GOP will allow witnesses?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-01-27, 17:40

Called my senators. Remember, Wyoming. And they both have changed their tune a bit in their response to me asking them to vote for witnesses. They are being much less combative and much more careful in choosing their words. I still think it won’t happen, but I’ve moved a tick away from certain.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-27, 20:14

If the GOP Senators decide to have witnesses (actually witnesses.. not Hunter Biden), I will person donate 20 dollars to the Mio Church of Christ in the support of Guest and his perpetual search for truth.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-27, 20:52

We need Guest at a time like this.

And I think he owes pies to some people still.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-01-27, 21:02

NigelUno wrote:We need Guest at a time like this.

Actually, Mueller didn't amount to shit, so I think Goose is technically owed a calendar or something.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-28, 07:58

Cameron wrote:
NigelUno wrote:We need Guest at a time like this.

Actually, Mueller didn't amount to shit, so I think Goose is technically owed a calendar or something.
Bob Barr told the mainstream media and the mainstream media told stupid Americans that Mueller didn't amount to shit.

Mueller actually issued 30+ indictments.. directly/indirectly related to Mueller: Roger Stone is in jail, Michael Cohen is in jail, Paul Manafort is in jail, Papadopalous was in jail, Michael Flynn is going to jail, etc.

next up for the mainstream media to promote to its faithful viewers: impeach Hunter Biden and remove him from office.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-28, 11:26

This impeachment is over. Republican lawyers only gonna use a couple hours because “they don’t feel they need anymore time”

Derpawitz summed it up. “Even if the revelation in Bolton’s book is true, it’s not impeachable”, case closed.

Sad to see the senate bow at the alter to the executive branch. How may we serve you, master.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-01-28, 11:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Bob Barr told the mainstream media and the mainstream media told stupid Americans that Mueller didn't amount to shit.

Mueller actually issued 30+ indictments.. directly/indirectly related to Mueller: Roger Stone is in jail, Michael Cohen is in jail, Paul Manafort is in jail, Papadopalous was in jail, Michael Flynn is going to jail, etc.

next up for the mainstream media to promote to its faithful viewers: impeach Hunter Biden and remove him from office.

For the record, I thought Pelosi should have started the impeachment inquiry as soon as Mueller issued his report. She should have subpoenaed everyone who refused to cooperate with Mueller, she should have held in contempt of Congress anyone who didn't comply with the subpoenas, and we could have been having the Senate impeachment trial two years ago, give or take. But none of that happened, and nothing came of the Mueller report. By the parameters of the wager, Goose was correct.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-28, 12:24

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

For the record, I thought Pelosi should have started the impeachment inquiry as soon as Mueller issued his report. She should have subpoenaed everyone who refused to cooperate with Mueller, she should have held in contempt of Congress anyone who didn't comply with the subpoenas, and we could have been having the Senate impeachment trial two years ago, give or take. But none of that happened, and nothing came of the Mueller report. By the parameters of the wager, Goose was correct.
I have no idea what the Guest wager was about.. maybe free coffee for a week at the Mio Nip-n-Sip?

regardless, America is stupid country.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-28, 12:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I have no idea what the Guest wager was about.. maybe free coffee for a week at the Mio Nip-n-Sip?

Goose has some good sports takes. If he makes us all pie, I think we should let him back.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-28, 12:43

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I have no idea what the Guest wager was about.. maybe free coffee for a week at the Mio Nip-n-Sip?

Goose has some good sports takes. If he makes us all pie, I think we should let him back.
I do my best to stay away from pie-like food stuffs.

I'd love to have 'ol Guest back but he'd need to toughen up a little. I don't want him to be here if it's not in the best interest of his well-being.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-28, 12:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I do my best to stay away from pie-like food stuffs.

I'd love to have 'ol Guest back but he'd need to toughen up a little. I don't want him to be here if it's not in the best interest of his well-being.

I'm not sure it's in his best interest hanging out on a board where the mods downvote DWags though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-28, 13:45

Can someone inform Sekulow that this trial is about the articles of impeachment and not the Mueller report? (I know, I know, it plays well in Mio)
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-28, 18:07

[tw]1222288793098686465[/tw]

Is this one different? - Page 2 276803595
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-28, 18:14

Ain’t gonna be no witness testimony, Nigel.

This is one case I’d be happy to be wrong.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-28, 18:31

[tw]1222297982592266240[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-28, 18:32

[tw]1222295050090156036[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-01-28, 19:09

Do you guys think McConnell has the votes to block witnesses?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-28, 19:16

[tw]1222296901451755520[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-28, 19:17

I’m hearing a rumor that until Mitch bribes enough GOP senators, at this point, he might not have the votes to block witnesses.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-28, 19:18

Not sure why it matters really. Numerous senators are on record that Bolton’s testimony won’t change their minds.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-01-28, 19:20

Cameron wrote:Do you guys think McConnell has the votes to block witnesses?
Probably. I think they use it as an excuse to say it's not enough to impeach.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-01-28, 19:32

I have heard that McConnell doesn’t have enough votes to block witnesses.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-28, 19:40

Rocinante wrote:I have heard that McConnell doesn’t have enough votes to block witnesses.

Link?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-28, 19:44

Rocinante wrote:I have heard that McConnell doesn’t have enough votes to block witnesses.

John Barrasso was just on CNN. Yeah he’s a no vote on witnesses. Says even if Bolton is speaking the truth, it’s not impeachable.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-01-28, 20:43

Wyoming would spontaneously catch on fire if either of our senators voted for witnesses.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-28, 20:48

Update on the votes?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-01-28, 22:47

kingstonlake wrote:Not sure why it matters really. Numerous senators are on record that Bolton’s testimony won’t change their minds.
Nothing in the trial matters to the ultimate outcome of the trial.

Realistically, this is all setting pieces on the table for the 2020 election campaigns, from the presidential race down to congressional races, so witnesses matter for having that on the record.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-29, 01:07

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Not sure why it matters really. Numerous senators are on record that Bolton’s testimony won’t change their minds.
Nothing in the trial matters to the ultimate outcome of the trial.

Realistically, this is all setting pieces on the table for the 2020 election campaigns, from the presidential race down to congressional races, so witnesses matter for having that on the record.

True.

Ironically, in the end, it could play out that senators voting against witnesses could be more beneficial to Dems. Politicians watch polls. The quinnipiac poll may have played a roll.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-29, 06:02

if there were witness testimony, which there won't be, Americans would be able to hear the truth without the mainstream media/GOP filter.

Those that pay attention, anyway.. which would be, like, 12 people.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-29, 07:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
if there were witness testimony, which there won't be, Americans would be able to hear the truth without the mainstream media/GOP filter.

I agree. Ole Mitch just floated that out there. He ain’t stupid. He’s into building on ramps, not off ramps. Making it appear as though he got everyone on board
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-29, 07:56

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: if there were witness testimony, which there won't be, Americans would be able to hear the truth without the mainstream media/GOP filter.

I agree. Ole Mitch just floated that out there. He ain’t stupid. He’s into building on ramps, not off ramps. Making it appear as though he got everyone on board  
yeah.. this whole "they don't have enough votes to block witnesses" thing is carefully crafted to make the Senate look appear as though they're "concerned" about the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator's anti-America actions, words and behaviors... but ultimately, though prayer, they'll realize that their "concern" is not worthy of hearing testimony.

Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum