Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Coach Fickell

+32
The Pantry
Senior Dickfist
Heathens '87
MSU addict
MattyFresh
aualum06
I.B. Fine
duffy munn
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
Banks2Mason
Wally Fairway
Cameron
Heat Miser
Robert J Sakimano
MiamiSpartan
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
DWags
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
36 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Welcome Coach Fickell - Page 10 Empty Re: Welcome Coach Fickell

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-09, 23:17

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:https://www.flightstats.com/v2/flight-tracker/DPJ/491?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Cincinnati, OH, US
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport
Flight Departure Times
10-Feb-2020
Scheduled
07:30 EST

Lansing, MI, US
Lansing Capital Region International Airport
Flight Arrival Times
10-Feb-2020
Scheduled
08:15 EST

Can you explain your post to Cam? Thanks in advance.

How?  With a bouncing ball?  A dancing Elmo gif?  

Maybe this will work...

Welcome Coach Fickell - Page 10 2708 Cincy to Lansing   Welcome Coach Fickell - Page 10 1f562
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-02-09, 23:19

MiamiSpartan wrote:Happy Fickell Eve.  

Welcome Coach Fickell - Page 10 Giphy
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2020-02-09, 23:41

Freds on it guys

[tw]1226697199452471296[/tw]
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-10, 02:39

MattyFresh wrote:Freds on it guys

Uncle Freddie needs to update his twitter bio.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-02-10, 06:04

I get that they have unlimited money and everything but whenever I go to Cincinnati, my favorite place, I just drive. They’ve offered to let me fly but I dunno I just like the freedom of driving and being able to stop when I want and eat when I want and sing it’s a small world at the top of my lungs with passion when I want. Also between travel to and from airports and waiting around in them and the flight itself I feel like it wouldn’t even save more than a few minutes anyway.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-02-10, 06:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I get that they have unlimited money and everything but whenever I go to Cincinnati, my favorite place, I just drive. They’ve offered to let me fly but I dunno I just like the freedom of driving and being able to stop when I want and eat when I want and sing it’s a small world at the top of my lungs with passion when I want. Also between travel to and from airports and waiting around in them and the flight itself I feel like it wouldn’t even save more than a few minutes anyway.
I'm the same way for anything under about an 8 hour drive, but a private jet would change that feeling really fast.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-10, 06:28

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I get that they have unlimited money and everything but whenever I go to Cincinnati, my favorite place, I just drive. They’ve offered to let me fly but I dunno I just like the freedom of driving and being able to stop when I want and eat when I want and sing it’s a small world at the top of my lungs with passion when I want. Also between travel to and from airports and waiting around in them and the flight itself I feel like it wouldn’t even save more than a few minutes anyway.

I've never flown private in my life, and I'm pretty sure I never will, cause I wasn't born a baller, and I'm gonna die not ever becoming one. However, do they have separate rules? Is it quicker to board, and deplane? Can cars drop them off at the tarmac and pick them up there? Or since 9/11 are all the rules and slow downs in the airport the same for everyone now, ballers and the poors?

Like you, my wife and I will never again fly to Chicago from Detroit. Airport check in check out, wait for the flight, park your car. Get there get a car, I"m probably saving 45 minutes tops and spending a hell of a lot more. My best friend from high school lives in Cincinnati, flew once, was a pain in the ass. Just drive. Same when he comes up here. For work or pleasure, he'll call and tell me he's coming and only once did he fly. And his work will pay for the flight.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-02-10, 06:32

Yeah I gotta think it’s a lot quicker for a private plane, so there’s probably some time saved. But he is depriving himself the opportunity to stop at the Lima OH Panera bread for a snack and a piss which to me is a mistake.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-10, 06:46

DWags wrote:

I've never flown private in my life, and I'm pretty sure I never will, cause I wasn't born a baller, and I'm gonna die not ever becoming one.  However, do they have separate rules?   Is it quicker to board,  and deplane?   Can cars drop them off at the tarmac and pick them up there?  Or since 9/11  are all the rules and slow downs in the airport the same for everyone now, ballers and the poors?  

Like you, my wife and I will never again fly to Chicago from Detroit.  Airport check in check out, wait for the flight, park your car.  Get there get a car, I"m probably saving 45 minutes tops and spending a hell of a lot more.  My best friend from high school lives in Cincinnati, flew once, was a pain in the ass. Just drive.   Same when he comes up here. For work or pleasure, he'll call and tell me he's coming and only once did he fly.   And his work will pay for the flight.  

Company I worked for in the 80s and early 90s had a Beechcraft King Air twin engine (turbo props maybe?) and a Gulfstream G2. I got to fly on them a few times. They were hangared at Oakland. There's nothing like pulling up to the hangar, walking 50' and boarding two minutes before takeoff, not having to mingle with the unwashed masses. The only thing missing was the hot stewardess.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-10, 06:59

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

I've never flown private in my life, and I'm pretty sure I never will, cause I wasn't born a baller, and I'm gonna die not ever becoming one.  However, do they have separate rules?   Is it quicker to board,  and deplane?   Can cars drop them off at the tarmac and pick them up there?  Or since 9/11  are all the rules and slow downs in the airport the same for everyone now, ballers and the poors?  

Like you, my wife and I will never again fly to Chicago from Detroit.  Airport check in check out, wait for the flight, park your car.  Get there get a car, I"m probably saving 45 minutes tops and spending a hell of a lot more.  My best friend from high school lives in Cincinnati, flew once, was a pain in the ass. Just drive.   Same when he comes up here. For work or pleasure, he'll call and tell me he's coming and only once did he fly.   And his work will pay for the flight.  

Company I worked for in the 80s and early 90s had a Beechcraft King Air twin engine (turbo props maybe?) and a Gulfstream G2. I got to fly on them a few times. They were hangared at Oakland. There's nothing like pulling up to the hangar, walking 50' and boarding two minutes before takeoff, not having to mingle with the unwashed masses. The only thing missing was the hot stewardess.

Nice! Any of you ballers still do this, or since 9/11 have all the rules changed?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-02-10, 07:55

tGreenWay wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:Freds on it guys

Uncle Freddie needs to update his twitter bio.

Yeah, didn't he get shitcanned a while ago?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-02-10, 08:03

DWags wrote:

I fly private for work quite a bit. Fucking nice if you ever get the opportunity. Security is surprisingly lax. Typical flight for me is to show up at the hanger, this is a separate building from where commercial flights taxi to. No security checks. I've shown up as the last passenger on a flight before and walked in the hanger and directly onto the jet. Landing is pretty similar. We regularly land at Midway in Chicago. There is an executive building completely separated from the commercial flights. You get off, the pilots hand you your bags and you walk over to a rental waiting for you.

Pretty pretty pretty nice.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-02-10, 08:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

Still the same fellow baller. Welcome Coach Fickell - Page 10 969504605
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-10, 08:05

Bad weather in Cincy?

POSITIONAL TRACKING CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
The flight is past its expected take-off time, but is not reporting tracking data yet
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-02-10, 08:10

Probably turned off their transponder to keep creepers from tracking them.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-02-10, 08:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Yeah I gotta think it’s a lot quicker for a private plane, so there’s probably some time saved. But he is depriving himself the opportunity to stop at the Lima OH Panera bread for a snack and a piss which to me is a mistake.

I did not realize how Fickell threatens Travis. Travis can't stand having other Cincinnati experts around. MD was older so it was ok, but Fickell is different story because he is so much younger. Expect Travis to question everything from recruiting to play calling almost immediately. Travis's review of the spring game will be brutal.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-10, 08:18

Delayed by 44m
CVG
Cincinnati
LAN
Lansing
ALTITUDE13156 ft
AND CLIMBING

cheers

Last edited by NigelUno on 2020-02-10, 08:21; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-10, 08:20

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Yeah I gotta think it’s a lot quicker for a private plane, so there’s probably some time saved. But he is depriving himself the opportunity to stop at the Lima OH Panera bread for a snack and a piss which to me is a mistake.

Hysterical. Everytime we drive back from Michigan to New York we stop at the Panera on the Turnpike service plaza. Consumer Reports list them as one of the healthiest options.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-10, 08:39

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I still don't think anyone knows what's really happening but it's been an entertaining day. I predict that it will be Luke Fickell just because it makes sense for him to take the job. When it is finally officially announced it's going to be fun watching all these 'insiders' puffing out their chests bragging about how they 'told you so'. Go Green!
How's your scorecard coming?

My scorecard:

Dantonio retired, we started a coaching search, we going to interv two candidates this weekend, one turned down the opportunity, the other is pending and now we are waiting for further details.

The indisder timeline - MSU got fickell last week, Joel Ferguson is fucking it up, ad is giving interviews just to keep appearances up and fool the Detroit media,  a woman with heels got on the private jet, players in cincy are telling each other fickell is gone, private jet lands bill Beekman arrives but woman with heels disappears, BOT meeting today to close the deal.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2020-02-10, 08:43; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-10, 08:39

Welcome Coach Fickell - Page 10 2708

Lansing, MI, US
Lansing Capital Region International Airport
Flight Arrival Times
10-Feb-2020
Scheduled
08:15 EST
Estimated
08:52 EST

(Note for Cam: This is the arrival time for a private jet out of Cincy. It is on the way to Lansing. Luke Fickell is hopefully on the plane. Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-10, 08:44

This is a good time line. https://twitter.com/chrissolari/status/1226856090094227457?s=21

No contract yet.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-02-10, 08:53

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
How's your scorecard coming?

My scorecard:

Dantonio retired, we started a coaching search, we going to interv two candidates this weekend, one turned down the opportunity, the other is pending and now we are waiting for further details.

The indisder timeline - MSU got fickell last week, Joel Ferguson is fucking it up, ad is giving interviews just to keep appearances up and fool the Detroit media,  a woman with heels got on the private jet, players in cincy are telling each other fickell is gone, private jet lands bill Beekman arrives but woman with heels disappears, BOT meeting today to close the deal.

That BoT meeting isn't happening today by the way.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-10, 08:54

https://twitter.com/williams_justin/status/1226863564172005379?s=21
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-10, 08:57

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

My scorecard:

That BoT meeting isn't happening today by the way.

Correction this Friday.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-02-10, 08:59

steveschneider wrote:https://twitter.com/williams_justin/status/1226863564172005379?s=21

Ya know... a year of Coach Tressel would weed out these johnny come lately "fans" without proper MSU perspective....(Just sayin')
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-10, 09:00

Responding to Nigel - no I don't think Joel is holding it up. I don't think anyone is holding it up.

From what one can gather Beekman is making the rounds to the BOT members today to make sure they're on board. They want a 8-0 vote. They don't NEED an 8-0 vote, they need a 5-3 vote. But the optics are bad if they don't get an 8-0 vote. I don't think Joel would hold it up. He's a jackass but loves him some MSU football and has been a big Coach D supporter. Once Beekman has talked to the board members and knows they have the votes they will call an emergency board meeting (read somewhere that they have to give 18 hours notice? Not sure if that's true) and hold the vote. Probably some time around then is when Fickwell will meet with his team.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-10, 09:01

steveschneider wrote:https://twitter.com/williams_justin/status/1226863564172005379?s=21

I'll help you out steve this one time.

[tw]1226863564172005379[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-10, 09:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Responding to Nigel - no I don't think Joel is holding it up. I don't think anyone is holding it up.

From what one can gather Beekman is making the rounds to the BOT members today to make sure they're on board. They want a 8-0 vote. They don't NEED an 8-0 vote, they need a 5-3 vote. But the optics are bad if they don't get an 8-0 vote. I don't think Joel would hold it up. He's a jackass but loves him some MSU football and has been a big Coach D supporter. Once Beekman has talked to the board members and knows they have the votes they will call an emergency board meeting (read somewhere that they have to give 18 hours notice? Not sure if that's true) and hold the vote. Probably some time around then is when Fickwell will meet with his team.

Makes sense. Thanks.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-10, 09:08

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Ya know... a year of Coach Tressel would weed out these johnny come lately "fans" without proper MSU perspective....(Just sayin')

I had a friend that was a die hard Red Sox fan. After their first World Series win when they started sucking again he said it was the best thing that could ever happen. Weeded out all the pink and green hat fans for a while.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-10, 09:09

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Responding to Nigel - no I don't think Joel is holding it up. I don't think anyone is holding it up.

Thanks for this WBH. You've been great with information

Personally, I don't give a flying fuck if it's 8-0 or 5-3. I don't understand why the "Optics would look bad" either, nor would I want one bit of a debate regarding why 1,2 or 3 people voted against it. If it went 3-5 against, then I'd want a open public debate and some reasons given. But if its a positive vote, no matter the score, shut the books, change the name plates and move on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-10, 09:13

Maybe his wife was on the plane. I think he said she makes all the big decisions.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-10, 09:17

DWags wrote:

Thanks for this WBH. You've been great with information

Personally, I don't give a flying fuck if it's 8-0 or 5-3. I don't understand why the "Optics would look bad" either, nor would I want one bit of a debate regarding why 1,2 or 3 people voted against it. If it went 3-5 against, then I'd want a open public debate and some reasons given. But if its a positive vote, no matter the score, shut the books, change the name plates and move on.

The wild card on the board for now and the future I guess is going to be Brianna Scott. Pisses me off because I got hoodwinked into voting for her, and I even asked my non MSU friends who weren't voting straight party ticket to vote for her. People I guess thought they knew who she was but they were wrong. Anyway, according to a guy on Rivals who has sources, she started making a stink about the way Coach D stepped down and criticizing Beekman. She is going to be Joel's puppet for now and probably after his term runs out. He has business deals with her, I'm sure so that he can continue to have a puppet. He flipped her vote about the Nassar independent investigation which is why the Trustee that Snyder appointed quit the board. But if Joel is on board she is most likely gonna get on board, too. That source I mentioned above said he doesn't think the board is going to make a stink.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-10, 09:23

I don't see the BoT as a whole making a big stink about it (or not approving the hire).  They just want their free tickets and plane seats on road trips/bowl games, and for March Madness.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-10, 09:27

National guy just tweeted he turned it down.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-10, 09:29

MELTDOWN COMMENCING

I'm pretty shocked if that's true.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-10, 09:32

I guess I need to change the thread title.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-10, 09:32

[tw]1226873556174327808[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-10, 09:33

Welcome Coach Fickell - Page 10 1550444538 Welcome Coach Fickell - Page 10 1550444538 Welcome Coach Fickell - Page 10 1550444538 Welcome Coach Fickell - Page 10 1550444538

Tressel Ball!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-02-10, 09:35

The BoT is a rubber stamp at this point. Despite all the background noise Beekman/search committee did their due diligence investigating multiple candidates and handled the search in the right way. That is all they can ask for. Now it is up to Beekman to present the results, and the way this has been handled, he is no dummy and has it under control. Not the least bit worried about the BoT.

Fickell declining is the only possible snag at this point.

Last edited by Nordic on 2020-02-10, 09:36; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-10, 09:35

Oops.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte