Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baseball HoFer Andre Dawson is now an undertaker

3 posters

Go down

Baseball HoFer Andre Dawson is now an undertaker Empty Baseball HoFer Andre Dawson is now an undertaker

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-30, 17:19

And funeral home owner. Good to know if Richie Hebner needs work, he’s got a contact.

https://apnews.com/3f188229f7747a62cf44e4c56f2af201

Last edited by tGreenWay on 2020-04-30, 17:40; edited 2 times in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Baseball HoFer Andre Dawson is now an undertaker Empty Re: Baseball HoFer Andre Dawson is now an undertaker

Post by DWags 2020-04-30, 17:25

tGreenWay wrote:And funeral home owner. Good to know if Richie Hebert needs work, he’s got a contact.

I think they don't like the term "Mortician" anymore. I think it's funeral director. My FIL was one for 40 years. His chain was fairly big around here and he taught restoration science at Wayne State.

It's pretty lucrative if you can handle it. However, one time I was drinking with him and made a joke , "hey, you guys never experience a recession do you?" . Found out they actually do. When the economy sucks, people don't take the 10K shin dig, they go for the cheap one and maybe even cremate.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Baseball HoFer Andre Dawson is now an undertaker Empty Re: Baseball HoFer Andre Dawson is now an undertaker

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-30, 17:32

Hebner. Richie Hebner.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-30, 17:38

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:And funeral home owner. Good to know if Richie Hebert needs work, he’s got a contact.

I think they don't like the term "Mortician" anymore. I think it's funeral director. My FIL was one for 40 years. His chain was fairly big around here and he taught restoration science at Wayne State.

It's pretty lucrative if you can handle it. However, one time I was drinking with him and made a joke , "hey, you guys never experience a recession do you?" . Found out they actually do. When the economy sucks, people don't take the 10K shin dig, they go for the cheap one and maybe even cremate.

Didn’t know that. However, “mortician” is used as an indirect quote from Dawson’s brother in the story, and also in the headline. If your FIL has a problem with it, let him kick their asses.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-30, 17:39

Floyd Robertson wrote:Hebner. Richie Hebner.

Autocorrect changed it. Thanks, I hadn’t noticed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-30, 17:41

Hey DWags, I changed the headline for your FIL.

Baseball HoFer Andre Dawson is now an undertaker 1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-30, 18:00

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Hebner. Richie Hebner.

You're welcome. Just heckling you like I heckled Hebner at a Pirates spring training game in 83 about his grave digging. Both great moments I'll take to my own. Wink
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-30, 19:00

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You're welcome. Just heckling you like I heckled Hebner at a Pirates spring training game in 83 about his grave digging. Both great moments I'll take to my own. Wink

Crazy to think he’s 72 now. I really liked him being on the Tigers and wish he’d been around longer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down