Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harbuagh wants to be the Coach Cal of NCAA FB

+2
steveschneider
Turtleneck
6 posters

Go down

Harbuagh wants to be the Coach Cal of NCAA FB Empty Harbuagh wants to be the Coach Cal of NCAA FB

Post by Turtleneck 08/05/20, 03:41 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-coach-jim-harbaugh-proposes-sweeping-changes-to-nfl-draft-eligibility-for-college-players-202944704.html

I say this has nothing to do with a double standard or concern for athletes, and has everything to do with needing to even the playing field because he's struggling to develop players at key positions.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Harbuagh wants to be the Coach Cal of NCAA FB Empty Re: Harbuagh wants to be the Coach Cal of NCAA FB

Post by steveschneider 08/05/20, 04:13 pm

Cal fan here. My .02 there is a big difference between the two.

I firmly believe Cal genuinely cares about the players and their family's. I also think he cares about ending generational poverty. I think Jim only cares about Jim Harbaugh.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Harbuagh wants to be the Coach Cal of NCAA FB Empty Re: Harbuagh wants to be the Coach Cal of NCAA FB

Post by MiamiSpartan 08/05/20, 04:57 pm

Turtleneck wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-coach-jim-harbaugh-proposes-sweeping-changes-to-nfl-draft-eligibility-for-college-players-202944704.html

I say this has nothing to do with a double standard or concern for athletes, and has everything to do with needing to even the playing field because he's struggling to develop players at key positions.

He's had an even playing field. He wants to uneven it in his favor.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 08/05/20, 05:23 pm

No. There was a crown on the field, Miami.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 08/05/20, 05:51 pm

Harbuagh wants to be the Coach Cal of NCAA FB 502811600 Well played.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 08/05/20, 06:04 pm

Harbuagh wants to be the Coach Cal of NCAA FB 502811600 Eliminate the 25 player freshman cap. Jimmy knows Bo padded his win column by taking more players than he ever needed or intended to play, just to keep them from going to other schools.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 09/05/20, 10:49 am

Shocked I never thought I’d see this in a Detroit paper. Turns out it’s true that even his followers get sick of the guy after five years.

Who really benefits from Jim Harbaugh's proposal? Michigan football, of course

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2020/05/09/jim-harbaugh-michigan-football-letter/3100249001/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 09/05/20, 11:59 am

tGreenWay wrote:Shocked I never thought I’d see this in a Detroit paper. Turns out it’s true that even his followers get sick of the guy after five years.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2020/05/09/jim-harbaugh-michigan-football-letter/3100249001/

Looks like the freep's payroll will be a little less after they fire the writer, editor, and whoever else allowed that to make it onto the site, if not the paper.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 09/05/20, 09:52 pm

Just let anyone get drafted at anytime. Draft WBH's kids if you want. If you don't sign a contract with the team that drafted you, you can play college/HS/Jr high ball and you reenter the draft the next year. All sports. Let the market work itself out.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 10/05/20, 12:47 am

Nordic wrote:Just let anyone get drafted at anytime. Draft WBH's kids if you want. If you don't sign a contract with the team that drafted you, you can play college/HS/Jr high ball and you reenter the draft the next year. All sports. Let the market work itself out.

Isn’t that what, or similar to what, baseball and hockey do? That seems seems like a good setup to me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 10/05/20, 12:48 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Shocked I never thought I’d see this in a Detroit paper. Turns out it’s true that even his followers get sick of the guy after five years.

Looks like the freep's payroll will be a little less after they fire the writer, editor, and whoever else allowed that to make it onto the site, if not the paper.

That’s what I thought, too. Harbuagh wants to be the Coach Cal of NCAA FB 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 10/05/20, 01:25 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:Just let anyone get drafted at anytime. Draft WBH's kids if you want. If you don't sign a contract with the team that drafted you, you can play college/HS/Jr high ball and you reenter the draft the next year. All sports. Let the market work itself out.

Isn’t that what, or similar to what, baseball and hockey do? That seems seems like a good setup to me.

I believe so, I don't know there exact rules. But I think they have a shitton of rounds and retain the rights for more than a year. Keep the NFL/NBA rounds the same (teams gotta think twice about drafting youngsters) and rights only last a year (kids can come back and try again).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 10/05/20, 12:20 pm

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I believe so, I don't know there exact rules. But I think they have a shitton of rounds and retain the rights for more than a year. Keep the NFL/NBA rounds the same (teams gotta think twice about drafting youngsters) and rights only last a year (kids can come back and try again).

I think MLB has 40 rounds. That seems pretty nuts. I guess they have the minor leagues to fill though. NHL has 7 rounds, but they also have the junior system, which is kind of like college without classes. I did see that MLB is looking at only doing 5 rounds this year due to the virus.

I always liked that college hockey and baseball players can be drafted and still play college. Would like to see that adopted for basketball and football. There might be a solution there to paying players, if NFL/NBA teams were allowed to pay their draft picks while they still played college (maybe a pre-contract, separate from doing a full professional contract when they join the pro team?). I don't know, I havent really thought it through, just spitballing.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 10/05/20, 12:49 pm

Is UM still working on Harbaugh's extension?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down