Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+19
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
GRR Spartan
Motown Spartan
Rocinante
Heathens '87
NigelUno
MattyFresh
DWags
Nordic
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
23 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 14 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by aualum06 2021-05-08, 13:51

Gg Spurs
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 14 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-05-09, 06:04

aualum06 wrote:Gg Spurs

:(
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-05-09, 10:46

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Gg Spurs

:(

Bet the 1-1 draw today
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-05-09, 13:24

Wow didn't give up the late equalizer and got 3 points. Let's go
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-13, 17:13

Liverpool was never going to lose my kids first game as a fan sorry Miami
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-05-13, 20:07

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Liverpool was never going to lose my kids first game as a fan sorry Miami

I knew that kid was going to bring you good luck.  I'll let you have it. Double Congrats. It's also easy to say that when it really doesn't matter for our season, but losing to Liverpool always sucks no matter the context.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-16, 14:18

That was straight up some JWJ shit today.

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-16, 14:21

https://twitter.com/nbcsportssoccer/status/1393981755955286017?s=21

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-05-23, 12:56

5-0 Jesus. Nice way to finish the season lol
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-26, 18:00

Not every goalie has that certain moxie for scoring goals
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-05-26, 18:03

Villareal beats Man U for Europa League Championship on penalty kicks 11-10 after 120 minutes and a 1-1 tie in regulation.

Eff U Glazers.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-05-26, 22:49

GRR Spartan wrote:Villareal beats Man U for Europa League Championship on penalty kicks 11-10 after 120 minutes and a 1-1 tie in regulation.

Eff U Glazers.

Unreal. The goalies were kicking in the last go.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-05-26, 22:52

GRR Spartan wrote:Villareal beats Man U for Europa League Championship on penalty kicks 11-10 after 120 minutes and a 1-1 tie in regulation.

Eff U Glazers.

What happens after 11-11
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-05-26, 23:03

aualum06 wrote:

What happens after 11-11

the managers are up? Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 14 502811600

honestly not sure i'd imagine they go back through the rotation again
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-27, 01:33

I think at that point they’d start with people taking their second shots, though I’m not positive that it has to be in the same order as the first time around. For some reason I don’t think it does.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-05-27, 09:22

aualum06 wrote:

What happens after 11-11

the managers are up? Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 14 502811600

Yeah, they do start back at the beginning of the rotation.

Penalty shoot outs are always a toss up, but especially when you get down the goalies taking them. Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 14 502811600
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-05-29, 11:59

Champions League final today. Fuck em both to hell, Pulisic or not.

#TeamBane
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-29, 12:12

I think I’m rooting for man city to just go ahead and win the stupid silver shiny thing that their owners won’t stop spending money on until they win it. Once they do, who knows maybe they’ll stop being human rights abusing monsters owners that are terrible for the game
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-29, 12:12

That said I’m not watching and I’ll just check in later to see who won
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-05-29, 15:30

aualum06 wrote:

What happens after 11-11

Yeah so what happens as well hypothetically if you are down a man, do you just lose 11-10? I know this is highly improbable but after this there is a chance
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-29, 17:05

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I think I’m rooting for man city to just go ahead and win the stupid silver shiny thing that their owners won’t stop spending money on until they win it. Once they do, who knows maybe they’ll stop being human rights abusing monsters owners that are terrible for the game

This is fine too
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-05-31, 09:24

Copa America (the South American international tournament, like the Euros or Gold Cup) is in limbo. It is set to start in 2 weeks, and they just had to pull out of host Argentina...after pulling out of co-host Colombia a couple of weeks ago. Cases are blowing up all over South America, but especially Argentina. Chile might be the only option in South America, as they have one of the top vax rates in the world (42%), but even they have been having an increase in cases.

So they may move it to the US. We could handle it on such short notice, and they could actually sell tickets.

Copa America is my favorite international tournament, more so than the Euros or World Cup. The intensity is off the charts. There are only 10 countries, so they all play each other so much between Copa America (round robin) and WC qualifying. UEFA, by comparison, has 55 countries. I dont know how it would have been without fans this summer anyway. It wouldn't have felt as intense. So being in the US won't make it any less intense than it would have otherwise been.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-05-31, 10:26

And now they decided to play it in Brazil, where they have twice as many Covid cases per day than Argentina. Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 14 2599972566 I mean, I suppose Brazil does have 5x the population of Argentina, but still doesn't seem like an improvement in that aspect. Oh well, hopefully it is still an exciting tournament.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-03, 10:07

It's going to be summer chock full of soccer, and the soccer haters are going to be having a fit. The prelims kick of tonight.

Tonight/Sunday - US/Honduras and Mexico/Somebody (Costa Rica maybe, I don't feel like looking it up), in the semi-finals and then Sunday final of the CONCACAF Nations League. It's just a friendly tournament that's a money grab, but a good way to ease into the big events next week. And the US is a whole different thing than what missed the last World Cup. Young, exciting, and doing well with quality teams in Europe.

On June 11th, both Copa America and the Euros kick off. Euros during the morning/afternoon, Copa America in the late afternoon/evening. All televised. Euros are mostly on ESPN, with a few on ABC and ESPN2, and Copa America on Fox, FS1, and FS2.

Then as those end, around mid-July, the Gold Cup kicks off. A drop off in quality from the Copa/Euros, but the US is involved.

For those not familiar with all of the tournaments:

Euros - National teams from Europe.

Copa America - National teams from South America (the oldest international tournament in the world, it pre-dates even the World Cup by 20-ish years.

Gold Cup - National Teams from North/Central America.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-03, 10:09

Oh, and a great resource for finding out when/where to watch specific games (this summer, and throughout the year):

https://www.livesoccertv.com/

They also have an app on Google Play, and I assume on the Apple Store, as well.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-04, 10:13

Nothing like an 89th minute winner from the US to kick things off last night. But the US wasn't clinical enough in attack. That's a little frustrating with all of this exciting talent. It seems we have a lot of really good creators (Pulisic, Reyna, Dest, McKennie), but not clinical scorers. Sargent is OK, but Im not sold on him leading the line. I'm not much of a Lleget fan either. Maybe Daryl Dike can develop into it. He did great at Orlando City, impressed on loan at Barnsley, and is apparently getting a look from Everton.

Mexico will be a good measuring stick on Sunday. The USMNT is still so young, there will be a lot of ups and downs as they grow and learn to play with each other.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-06-04, 11:19

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 14 3493939353

Once I get settled in this summer I will be watching a ton. and betting!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-06-06, 21:34

Mexico kick now.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-06-06, 21:46

Lol

[tw]1401716619466792964?s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-06-07, 00:12

Man I don’t know what you do about what a shit show the last 40 or so minutes of this game have been. The concacaf refs so often seem to lose control.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-06-07, 00:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Man I don’t know what you do about what a shit show the last 40 or so minutes of this game have been. The concacaf refs so often seem to lose control.

You make mexico play with no fans for world cup qualifying
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-07, 00:36

What an amazing game though.  Twice come back from a goal down to tie.  Score a PK in injury time, then have a PK go against us and saved.  23 total minutes of injury time.  

I said the other day that this was basically a friendly tournament.  They didnt play like that.  It sounds like both of these teams will field weakened squads in the Gold Cup, because since it doesnt start until mid-July, European players that are involved will miss pre-season and some early games for their clubs. So they both put everything into this.

Last edited by MiamiSpartan on 2021-06-07, 00:43; edited 1 time in total
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-07, 00:42

Mexico fans, jesus. Interesting that CONCACAF pause the game for homophobic chants, and would call off the game if it happened again. Should start actually docking the team points if they dont learn.

Then you have them throwing shit at our players, but to be fair our players were egging them on. This is a fierce rivalry. But I guess throwing cups of beer/soda is pretty calm, considering Mexico fans in Mexico used to throw bags of piss at our players.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-11, 16:54

Euro 2020 kicks off with Italy trouncing Turkey 3-0.

Calling it 2020 is weird.  The Olympics are doing the same thing.  Oh well, here's hoping for a great tournament.  Copa America kicks off Sunday.  I could have sworn it was the 11th as well, but either I misread that a while back, or they changed the dates a little with all of the changes to the host country.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-13, 08:18

5 games back to back today. Euros at 9, 12, and 3, and Copa America at 5 and 8. Giddy up!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-06-13, 16:57

Ukraine and Netherlands was a fun last 25 minutes
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-06-13, 17:03

It’s weird how dark it is out in Brazil.

I do understand how hemispheres work thank you
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-06-13, 17:14

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It’s weird how dark it is out in Brazil.

It's winter they are working on their shortest day. No fans at Copa?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-06-13, 17:16

aualum06 wrote:

Thank you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-13, 19:26

aualum06 wrote:

No fans. They're lucky to be playing at all. It's still pretty bad in South America.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next