Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatly Expanded Outdoor Dining and Free Parking Aimed at Luring People to Downtown East Lansing

+2
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
6 posters

Go down

Greatly Expanded Outdoor Dining and Free Parking Aimed at Luring People to Downtown East Lansing Empty Greatly Expanded Outdoor Dining and Free Parking Aimed at Luring People to Downtown East Lansing

Post by NigelUno Wed May 20, 2020 7:29 pm

I'm actually a little shocked.  This sounds like a great idea.

https://eastlansinginfo.news/greatly-expanded-outdoor-dining-and-free-parking-aimed-at-luring-people-to-downtown-east-lansing/

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Greatly Expanded Outdoor Dining and Free Parking Aimed at Luring People to Downtown East Lansing Empty Re: Greatly Expanded Outdoor Dining and Free Parking Aimed at Luring People to Downtown East Lansing

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed May 20, 2020 7:31 pm

I've talked with a lot of folks about this.. I've long been an advocate of turning parts of Albert into a pedestrian mall. This could be a good first step.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Greatly Expanded Outdoor Dining and Free Parking Aimed at Luring People to Downtown East Lansing Empty Re: Greatly Expanded Outdoor Dining and Free Parking Aimed at Luring People to Downtown East Lansing

Post by NigelUno Wed May 20, 2020 7:34 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I've talked with a lot of folks about this.. I've long been an advocate of turning parts of Albert into a pedestrian mall. This could be a good first step.

Also...
Additional dining areas would be set up in the Bailey Street parking lot behind The Peanut Barrel and a closed-off section of Valley Court Drive between the park and the back of Crunchy’s tavern.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed May 20, 2020 7:43 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I've talked with a lot of folks about this.. I've long been an advocate of turning parts of Albert into a pedestrian mall. This could be a good first step.

Also...
Additional dining areas would be set up in the Bailey Street parking lot behind The Peanut Barrel and a closed-off section of Valley Court Drive between the park and the back of Crunchy’s tavern.
yep.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed May 20, 2020 7:56 pm

Would be cool to do it on football Saturdays when things get back to normal.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed May 20, 2020 8:00 pm

NigelUno wrote:Would be cool to do it on football Saturdays when things get back to normal.
true.

If they could even block off Albert west of Bailey all the way east to Abbot even mid-May through October, that would be cool.

By Valley Court park it might be a bit different. All that is there, basically, is Crunchy's.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed May 20, 2020 8:20 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Would be cool to do it on football Saturdays when things get back to normal.
true.

If they could even block off Albert west of Bailey all the way east to Abbot even mid-May through October, that would be cool.

By Valley Court park it might be a bit different. All that is there, basically, is Crunchy's.

Bob's Hot Dog Cart!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed May 20, 2020 10:24 pm

NigelUno wrote:I'm actually a little shocked.  This sounds like a great idea.

https://eastlansinginfo.news/greatly-expanded-outdoor-dining-and-free-parking-aimed-at-luring-people-to-downtown-east-lansing/

Yes please. I can get behind this as a widespread change. Euro dining >> America dining.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Wed May 20, 2020 10:38 pm

Hell yes, this is the first step to an outdoor beer garden. Let's go!
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:33 pm

Suppose this good enough for an EL food/drink thread...

Jolly Pumpkin opening a location in downtown EL - 218 Albert next to Pinball Pete's

[ig]CDmGpLSApgi[/ig]
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:54 pm

Didn't that get shut down?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:58 pm

They're hiring now so not open to be shutdown yet
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:03 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:They're hiring now so not open to be shutdown yet

No, I meant the outdoor tables on Albert Street.I think the city said they're shutting it down.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:10 pm

Oh, no clue. Just searched for an EL food thread and this one came up
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down