Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you guys understand Michigan law?

+9
tGreenWay
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
Rocinante
13 posters

Go down

Do you guys understand Michigan law? Empty Do you guys understand Michigan law?

Post by Rocinante Sun 10 Jan 2021 - 14:10

Under what statutes was it lawful for those guys to storm the capitol? Like can you walk me through what happened and what the consequences were if there were any?

And are there conversations about what happened and if there’s anything being talked about to prevent it in the future?

In hindsight it sure looks like a test run for what happened last week.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Do you guys understand Michigan law? Empty Re: Do you guys understand Michigan law?

Post by steveschneider Sun 10 Jan 2021 - 14:28

Lawful for white people not people of color.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Do you guys understand Michigan law? Empty Re: Do you guys understand Michigan law?

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 10 Jan 2021 - 15:49

I just remember that when it happened, it was pointed out everywhere that it is legal to open carry inside the state Capitol building.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 10 Jan 2021 - 15:54

All I know is that I can order weed online and pick it up a half hour later via curbside.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Watch Out Pylon! like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun 10 Jan 2021 - 15:57

MiamiSpartan wrote:I just remember that when it happened, it was pointed out everywhere that it is legal to open carry inside the state Capitol building.

1. That’s fucking nuts
2. What I’m wondering is if there are laws against threatening public officials and what constitutes a threat.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 10 Jan 2021 - 22:33

Its put up or shut up time for the MI GOP majority in the legislature.

The can either pass a new rule and laws forbidding firearms within 100 feet of the capital building and leave their personal weapons with the Sargent-at Arms when they are in session or make an excuse when some defender of freedom shoots a politician(s) they don't like.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 11 Jan 2021 - 11:45

Rocinante wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:I just remember that when it happened, it was pointed out everywhere that it is legal to open carry inside the state Capitol building.

1. That’s fucking nuts
2. What I’m wondering is if there are laws against threatening public officials and what constitutes a threat.

Juwan Howard

Sincerely,

Steve
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 11 Jan 2021 - 14:26

[tw]1348695585713483779?s=20[/tw]
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 11 Jan 2021 - 14:34

banning open carry is a good start but not nearly enough when you're dealing with terrorists.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 11 Jan 2021 - 15:15

Dumb fuckers dressed up and attempted intimidation at least 3-4 times a year prior to the pandemic and trump explosion. Just pricks.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 11 Jan 2021 - 15:20

What the dumbfucks don't realize is everyone.can go buy a gun. It doesn't actually come with any real.power... you just get your little uniform on and carry it around to give you a feeling of having a saying matters even though you (most likely) are a dumb poor ass white trash type.
This is america fucktards, Dick's doesn't have you sign a asshat purity waiver when slapping down your money for a weapon.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 11 Jan 2021 - 20:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:banning open carry is a good start but not nearly enough when you're dealing with terrorists.

Yeah, those terrorists can still go into the Capitol carrying a concealed weapon.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 11 Jan 2021 - 20:37

GRR Spartan wrote:Its put up or shut up time for the MI GOP majority in the legislature.

The can either pass a new rule and laws forbidding firearms within 100 feet of the capital building and leave their personal weapons with the Sargent-at Arms when they are in session or make an excuse when some defender of freedom shoots a politician(s) they don't like.

Never going to happen. Even if it did, they’d exempt themselves from the rule.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 11 Jan 2021 - 21:02

With the redistricting, it very well could be the last hurrah for the Mi GOP.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 12:09

AvgMSUJoe wrote:With the redistricting, it very well could be the last hurrah for the Mi GOP.

If we get that right and get rid of term limits some good might finally be able to be accomplished in this State.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 12:48

Jake from State Farm wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:With the redistricting, it very well could be the last hurrah for the Mi GOP.

If we get that right and get rid of term limits some good might finally be able to be accomplished in this State.

Honest to goodness, if you had told me when term limits started that they would lead to all kinds of problems I'd have said that's nuts. But, to steal a page from Bob's book, I'm not very smart because they sound like a good thing. For example, at the federal level, they'd get rid of McConnell and the like.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 13:12

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

Honest to goodness, if you had told me when term limits started that they would lead to all kinds of problems I'd have said that's nuts. But, to steal a page from Bob's book, I'm not very smart because they sound like a good thing. For example, at the federal level, they'd get rid of McConnell and the like.

Yeah, they're not all bad. Problem is at the beginning of their last term they've got their hands out and their pockets wide open and a lot of them still don't have enough experience or loyalty to introduce any significant legislation.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 13:14

Rocinante wrote:

and what constitutes a threat.

Again, could you be more specific?  Are you refering to a guy like me, 59, white, a bit pudgy, white hair, glasses?  Or a black guy in his 20's?  

There is a big difference in Michigan, and, I assume everywhere in the country.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 13:42

Funny. But seriously, when is carrying an assault style rifle into a government building while the government is in session considered a threat?

I mean I would say “always”. But I’m not a Michigan law expert.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 13:52

Michigan man in viral Lansing protest photo made way into US Capitol during riot

Do you guys understand Michigan law? Mouthm10

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 14:14

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 14:19

Bird law, I know. And he’s right, you can’t keep a hummingbird as a pet.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 14:24

Rocinante wrote:

1. That’s fucking nuts

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2021/01/11/michigan-commission-votes-to-ban-open-carry-of-guns-from-capitol-building/

Well, you can't do it any longer. So that's something.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down