Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BLM/Antifa Radical Kills A Bunch of Asian Women in Georgia..

+10
gomersbro
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
DWags
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BLM/Antifa Radical Kills A Bunch of Asian Women in Georgia.. - Page 2 Empty Re: BLM/Antifa Radical Kills A Bunch of Asian Women in Georgia..

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-03-18, 10:55

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:No one said that if you know a place is a rub and rug that thinking the workers prostitutes is racist. They did say that assuming this place is a rub and tug and calling these dead women prostitutes is in fact racist because you have no idea if they were or not as you do not know if the places shot up were rub and tugs just based on asian people working there

They're located next to at least one strip club. They have all the outer decor and phrasing that places like Bob Kraft's favorite have. Obviously they don't advertise sexual favors for money or they would be shut down. But they're clearly marketed with the wink and the nod that you know what you can get there. Tell you what, if you hear that all of these women are fully licensed massage therapists, I'll agree that they may not have been rub and tugs (though sometimes LMPs give extras, too, but at least that would indicate that it is debatable). But otherwise, I'll stand by my assumption.

If they were white, black, or Latin, working in those same places in the same location, I would make the same assumption.

All I’m telling you is to not make the assumption until you know. You’re telling me “make the assumption and then if it proves otherwise then I’ll say my bad”. That’s problematic.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

BLM/Antifa Radical Kills A Bunch of Asian Women in Georgia.. - Page 2 Empty Re: BLM/Antifa Radical Kills A Bunch of Asian Women in Georgia..

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-18, 11:41

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

They're located next to at least one strip club. They have all the outer decor and phrasing that places like Bob Kraft's favorite have. Obviously they don't advertise sexual favors for money or they would be shut down. But they're clearly marketed with the wink and the nod that you know what you can get there. Tell you what, if you hear that all of these women are fully licensed massage therapists, I'll agree that they may not have been rub and tugs (though sometimes LMPs give extras, too, but at least that would indicate that it is debatable). But otherwise, I'll stand by my assumption.

If they were white, black, or Latin, working in those same places in the same location, I would make the same assumption.

All I’m telling you is to not make the assumption until you know. You’re telling me “make the assumption and then if it proves otherwise then I’ll say my bad”. That’s problematic.

Interesting that you've spent so much time discussing my assumption about the victims' line of work, and you haven't spent so much as a word criticizing the assumptions that started this thread.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-03-18, 13:08

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:No one said that if you know a place is a rub and rug that thinking the workers prostitutes is racist. They did say that assuming this place is a rub and tug and calling these dead women prostitutes is in fact racist because you have no idea if they were or not as you do not know if the places shot up were rub and tugs just based on asian people working there

They're located next to at least one strip club.  They have all the outer decor and phrasing that places like Bob Kraft's favorite have.  Obviously they don't advertise sexual favors for money or they would be shut down.  But they're clearly marketed with the wink and the nod that you know what you can get there.  Tell you what, if you hear that all of these women are fully licensed massage therapists, I'll agree that they may not have been rub and tugs (though sometimes LMPs give extras, too, but at least that would indicate that it is debatable).  But otherwise, I'll stand by my assumption.

Xiaojie Tan, 49

Xiaojie Tan owned Young’s Asian Massage and at least one other spa, according to The Daily Beast. Tan is a licensed massage therapist, according to NBC News.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2021/03/these-are-the-victims-of-the-atlanta-spa-shootings.html

I’ll continue to update you on if you were right to blindly assume the dead women were sex slaves but so far 😬
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-03-18, 13:09

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Interesting that you've spent so much time discussing my assumption about the victims' line of work, and you haven't spent so much as a word criticizing the assumptions that started this thread.

I don’t think it’s that interesting tbh
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-18, 14:08

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4737755001

All three spas are listed on Rubmaps, an erotic review site that allows users to search for and review illicit massage parlors. The site is the most popular of its kind, where buyers who call themselves “hobbyists” or “mongers” looking for sex go to find and share information, according to a study by Polaris, a nonprofit group that operates the National Human Trafficking Hotline.

Aromatherapy Spa and Gold Spa, both in Atlanta, have around 100 reviews, many recent. A review for Gold Spa on March 9 indicated that it was “full service,” as did a similar review from five days prior. A review for Aromatherapy Spa on March 2 also indicated sex was on the service list. Youngs Asian Massage in Acworth, Georgia, has 39 reviews on Rubmaps, the latest posted in February.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-03-18, 14:46

Maybe we should talk about a mandatory waiting period to buy a gun.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, steveschneider and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-18, 15:15

I think this story touches upon four problems that need to be addressed:

Racism

Misogyny

Human trafficking

Gun Violence
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-18, 15:32

MiamiSpartan wrote:

They're located next to at least one strip club.  They have all the outer decor and phrasing that places like Bob Kraft's favorite have.  Obviously they don't advertise sexual favors for money or they would be shut down.  But they're clearly marketed with the wink and the nod that you know what you can get there.  Tell you what, if you hear that all of these women are fully licensed massage therapists, I'll agree that they may not have been rub and tugs (though sometimes LMPs give extras, too, but at least that would indicate that it is debatable).  But otherwise, I'll stand by my assumption.

Xiaojie Tan, 49

Xiaojie Tan owned Young’s Asian Massage and at least one other spa, according to The Daily Beast. Tan is a licensed massage therapist, according to NBC News.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2021/03/these-are-the-victims-of-the-atlanta-spa-shootings.html

I’ll continue to update you on if you were right to blindly assume the dead women were sex slaves but so far 😬

I never said they were sex slaves.

My assumption was also not blind.  

Edit: I posted that I will accept the possibility that they were legit places before seeing Kingston's post. I'm removing that, as these appear to clearly be exactly what I thought they were, brothels.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-18, 15:36

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I don’t think it’s that interesting tbh

Is hypocritical a better word? Or maybe just inconsistent to be nice?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-03-18, 19:20

steveschneider wrote:I think this story touches upon four problems that need to be addressed:

Racism

Misogyny

Human trafficking

Gun Violence
ya think?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-18, 19:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I think this story touches upon four problems that need to be addressed:

Racism

Misogyny

Human trafficking

Gun Violence
ya think?

I tried to strip it down to the simplest elements.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2