Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MLB Moves All Star Game out of Atlanta

+14
Cameron
StylesGShmooth
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
Heat Miser
steveschneider
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MLB Moves All Star Game out of Atlanta Empty MLB Moves All Star Game out of Atlanta

Post by steveschneider 2021-04-02, 16:10

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31183822/mlb-moving-all-star-game-atlanta-georgia-voting-law

First Delta, then Coca Cola expresses concerns and now MLB pulls the All Star game. Stunned it came about this fast.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

MLB Moves All Star Game out of Atlanta Empty Re: MLB Moves All Star Game out of Atlanta

Post by Heat Miser 2021-04-02, 16:35

MLB Moves All Star Game out of Atlanta 1486952199 MLB Moves All Star Game out of Atlanta 1486952199 MLB Moves All Star Game out of Atlanta 1486952199
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

MLB Moves All Star Game out of Atlanta Empty Re: MLB Moves All Star Game out of Atlanta

Post by DWags 2021-04-02, 16:37

Nice.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-02, 17:09

Good news.

That white supremacists are upset by this says it was the right move.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-04-02, 17:13

Wow. Gonna be some mad people.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-04-02, 17:17

NigelUno wrote:Wow.  Gonna be some mad people.  

The Braves are mad. Some rep from S. Carolina is mad as well. It would be great if Georgia reversed course on voter suppression and they brought the game back. That would be the best outcome in my opinion.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-04-02, 17:27

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Wow.  Gonna be some mad people.  

The Braves are mad. Some rep from S. Carolina is mad as well. It would be great if Georgia reversed course on voter suppression and they brought the game back. That would be the best outcome in my opinion.

MLB Moves All Star Game out of Atlanta Giphy
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-04-02, 18:02

A lot of arrogant "You can't tell us what laws to pass" Republican GA Legislators and the Guv who signed the new voter legislations are now in "Say whut? mode.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-02, 20:28

GOP acting surprised to find out that some people think that colored folks have rights.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-04-02, 20:38

Not sure what the big deal is. Governor Kemp said the law expanded voting rights.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-04-02, 20:41

Maybe they can pick up another NASCAR race that week.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-04-02, 21:48

There's right and there's wrong. Pick a side.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-02, 22:59

Is it too late for the Falcons to challenge the results of that train wreck Super Bowl against the New England Bradys?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-04-02, 23:04

Fukkin cancel culture bullshit
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-04-02, 23:18

Turtleneck wrote:Is it too late for the Falcons to challenge the results of that train wreck Super Bowl against the New England Bradys?

You are so stuck in 2017. Get with the times man.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-03, 08:20

Apparently the racist bigoted christian sexual predator is whining about it and wants his woke followers to participate in cancel culture and boycott MLB.

Told ya.. if the white supremacists are upset, its a good thing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-04-03, 11:59

Not a big fan of this trend where business is expected to be the agent of positive change. We have the Democrats the government for a reason, yeah?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-04-03, 12:23

Rocinante wrote:Not a big fan of this trend where business is expected to be the agent of positive change. We have the Democrats the government for a reason, yeah?

We also have Republicans, bro.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-04-03, 12:27

Rocinante wrote:Not a big fan of this trend where business is expected to be the agent of positive change. We have the Democrats the government for a reason, yeah?

This is America bro. Our country is nothing but a loosely collected group of corporate interests whom we all serve. If the corporate interests aren’t the agent of positive change then no one will be.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-04-03, 12:29

I don't think the Dems are in charge as long as Manchin is going to be 'center'.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-04-03, 13:49

I don’t like the way you dudes called me bro.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-04-03, 13:55

Rocinante wrote:Fukkin cancel culture bullshit

You talking about how people were/are trying to cancel votes?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-04-03, 14:14

Saw where some stadium workers were complaining about lost income. Fox made a deal out of it. They blamed MLB. I beg to differ, fault lies with the mother fuckers restricting voting rights.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-04-03, 14:46

Shame on MLB for doing the right thing.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-04-03, 14:52

DWags wrote:Saw where some stadium workers were complaining about lost income. Fox made a deal out of it. They blamed MLB. I beg to differ, fault lies with the mother fuckers restricting voting rights.

And wherever they do hold the draft, those workers will gain income. Consequences.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-04-03, 14:56

DWags wrote:Saw where some stadium workers were complaining about lost income. Fox made a deal out of it. They blamed MLB. I beg to differ, fault lies with the mother fuckers restricting voting rights.

I lived in Lansing when they built Lug Nuts stadium. I lived in the Bay when they built PAC Bell stadium. I lived in NYC when they had the all star game. I don’t think any of things benefitted me economically. There’s always going to be winners and losers in every deal but I think for the bulk of the people living in the towns at the most it will just cause most people an inconvenience with all increase in traffic.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2021-04-03, 15:41

steveschneider wrote:

I lived in Lansing when they built Lug Nuts stadium. I lived in the Bay when they built PAC Bell stadium. I lived in NYC when they had the all star game. I don’t think any of things benefitted me economically. There’s always going to be winners and losers in every deal but I think for the bulk of the people living in the towns at the most it will just cause most people an inconvenience with all increase in traffic.

Quite a few people derive their income from the Hospitaioty & Service industry.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-03, 16:18

steveschneider wrote:

How the hell did this make an appearance alongside stadiums in SF and NYC?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-03, 16:35

But it sure is fun watching capitalism make conservatives squirm.

[tw]1378401946432835585[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-04-03, 18:07

It's Oldsmobile Park and it always will be.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-04-03, 22:30

StylesGShmooth wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Quite a few people derive their income from the Hospitaioty & Service industry.

True. In this one case though, workers in another city will benefit. Braves could make up for it with some home playoff games.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-04-03, 23:04

Turtleneck wrote:

But it sure is fun watching capitalism make conservatives squirm.

[tw]1378401946432835585[/tw]

Of course, the question should be, would she have been watching baseball today if this didn't happen? For her, and probably 90-95% of Seditionists that are "boycotting" it, imma guess the answer is No.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-04-04, 07:21

Funny to see people talk about working to end the anti trust benefits that baseball enjoys. Two responses no you won’t and the maximum effort they’ll put towards this cause is to post about it on social media.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-04-06, 08:09

Well it looks like the outrage over immigration has temporarily faded and now the repubs are on to their own brand of cancel culture.

Trump spotted with apparent Coke bottle on desk despite calling for boycott of the drink
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-04-06, 10:31

Mitch McConnell Reminded of Citizens United Backing After Warning to CEOs

Speaking at a roundtable event in 2011, McConnell said the Citizens United ruling "leveled the playing field" between newspaper owners and other corporations that wished to have a say in politics.

"All Citizens United basically did was to level the playing field for corporate America, and for union America, and say you like a media company can... independently express your views about anything in this country," he said at the time. "Why shouldn't everybody be free to do that?"
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-04-06, 11:34

[tw]1379100673191608322?s=21[/tw]

lol!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-04-06, 11:54

That'll show 'em!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-06, 12:08

I love how the flag-wavin', truck drivin', gun-totin', tough guy republican party whine and take their ball an go home when someone is mean to them. MLB Moves All Star Game out of Atlanta 502811600

I could've sworn we had a poster here who fit that mold.. scratch
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2021-04-07, 02:41

I have conservative faith members that won't going skiing in Colorado because they believe the state holds fraudulent elections.

Lol. Sorry but that's ridiculous.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-07, 08:49

msugolfguy wrote:I have conservative faith members that won't going skiing in Colorado because they believe the state holds fraudulent elections.

Lol. Sorry but that's ridiculous.
America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next