Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year?

+12
Turtleneck
Nordic
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
duffy munn
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
16 posters

Go down

How many

How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Vote_lcap40%How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 6 ]
How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Vote_lcap7%How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Vote_lcap0%How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Vote_lcap13%How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Vote_lcap20%How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]
How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Vote_lcap0%How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Vote_lcap7%How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Vote_lcap6%How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 15

How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Empty How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-08-21, 19:03

What with covid and general college football bleh feelings how many games do you think you’ll go to
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Empty Re: How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year?

Post by kingstonlake 2021-08-21, 19:10

Just one. Probably the opening round of the CFP. How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? 3493939353
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? Empty Re: How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year?

Post by DWags 2021-08-21, 19:11

I already have two weddings interfering. My eldest is at the age her friends are getting married.

DONT FUCKING GET MARRIED IN THE FUCKING FALL! IF YOU DO YOURE WIFE HAS YOUR BALLS CAUSE SHE DOESNT CARE A OUT FOOTBALL.

sorry. I’m pissed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-08-21, 19:15

I’m getting married in September dwags, I was supposed to in April but covid, then my choices were September, or waiting until next year. So fuck off.

Though, it is a Sunday. Again, only choice until next year.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-08-21, 19:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m getting married in September dwags, I was supposed to in April but covid, then my choices were September, or waiting until next year. So fuck off.

You know what, you are completely right. I did not equate covid. My fault. This whole two-three year period gets a mulligan. Sorry. And frankly, one I’m going to is just a reception. They had a small ceremony and just family and have waited a year for the reception. My bad and I apologize. But when we catch up to normal. Fuck all fall weddings.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-08-21, 20:03

All the tailgates (if it's permissible), walk home for the games.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-08-21, 20:06

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m getting married in September dwags, I was supposed to in April but covid, then my choices were September, or waiting until next year. So fuck off.

You know what, you are completely right. I did not equate covid. My fault. This whole two-three year period gets a mulligan. Sorry. And frankly, one I’m going to is just a reception. They had a small ceremony and just family and have waited a year for the reception. My bad and I apologize. But when we catch up to normal. Fuck all fall weddings.

I’m just kidding I’m not that worried about it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-08-21, 20:14

I probably won't get to any. To top it off, I gave up cable eight months ago and I'm not itching to get it back. Unless games miraculously go OTA, there's a good chance I won't see many either. Not knowing which games are going to be on which networks outside of the first two makes it hard to decide on which streaming plan to sign up for.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-08-21, 20:31

I will be in Evanston in 13 days. Was going to go to Miami but thought better of it. After that I'm kinda with Bob. Tailgate for home games but if a ticket drops into my lap ( #jingles) I will mask up and go.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-21, 21:59

Really surprised #4 Travis hasn’t gotten more votes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-08-22, 10:57

I used to believe the fall wedding football non sense but as i grow older it’s just football d wags
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-08-22, 11:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I used to believe the fall wedding football non sense but as i grow older it’s just football d wags

Turn in your loyalty card!!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-08-22, 12:03

I will go to 0. That is my standard total most years. I've always preferred watching on TV. Easier to smoke weed the whole time that way.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-08-22, 12:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I used to believe the fall wedding football non sense but as i grow older it’s just football d wags

This guy isn’t a SPARTAN. A SPARTAN would call in a bomb threat to the venue then go to the game
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-08-22, 13:00

Honestly, I think I've been to more fall weddings than Spring, Summer, or Winter weddings combined. As I start thinking through them, I can tell you who MSU was playing in most, if not all of them, even 20+ years ago, probably because I remember how I went about keeping track of the scores.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-08-22, 14:07

Its also only a wedding. A lot of the time it’s a detached connection. Example. Wife works with a lady. We e never been out with this couple. Her daughter was married last year. The reception is this fall. I will know zero people. Maybe a handful. Wife feels obligated.

I’m sorry if you think my priorities are goofed because I’d rather hang with college friends my daughters and extended friends than be at that reception. But we’ll have to disagree. Now the other wedding is a close friend of ours. We support the family and their daughter getting married. They’ve always been close. I have no problem with that wedding.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-08-22, 15:27

DWags wrote:

Its also only a wedding. A lot of the time it’s a detached connection. Example. Wife works with a lady. We e never been out with this couple. Her daughter was married last year. The reception is this fall. I will know zero people. Maybe a handful. Wife feels obligated.

I’m sorry if you think my priorities are goofed because I’d rather hang with college friends my daughters and extended friends than be at that reception. But we’ll have to disagree. Now the other wedding is a close friend of ours. We support the family and their daughter getting married. They’ve always been close. I have no problem with that wedding.

There also isn't a 50% chance that the result of the game will be overturned at some point in the future, unlike the wedding vows.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-08-22, 15:40

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

There also isn't a 50% chance that the result of the game will be overturned at some point in the future, unlike the wedding vows.

Boom. How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-08-22, 15:55

I skipped a wedding to go to the Oregon game in 2015, as I know I talked about around here at the time. I still don’t know if I made the right decision or not. it wasn’t a great friend, the kind of buddy I see once every few years at this point- a lot more in the past but that was 8-9 years prior. I think I’ve seen him twice since then. Any other game that season and I would have gone to the wedding but alas.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-22, 16:17

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? 502811600 Even cynics can be pragmatic. How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-08-22, 18:54

All but WKy  How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? 3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-08-22, 18:59

DWags wrote:I already have two weddings interfering.  My eldest is at the age her friends are getting married.

DONT FUCKING GET MARRIED IN THE FUCKING FALL!  IF YOU DO YOURE WIFE HAS YOUR BALLS CAUSE SHE DOESNT CARE A OUT FOOTBALL.

sorry.   I’m pissed.

tWife has a lot of younger cousins. Most got married on a fall Saturday. I'm the guy on my phone till the music starts and hunting down the bar TV at the reception. MIL and most of family think I'm the asshole. My give a shit level is near zero.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Cameron, tGreenWay, y2kMgrad, gomersbro, Jake from State Farm and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-22, 19:13

Travis, are you getting married at halftime of a home game? Let us know so we can come cheer for you or maybe even object.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-22, 19:18

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

Its also only a wedding.   A lot of the time it’s a detached connection. Example. Wife works with a lady. We e never been out with this couple.  Her daughter was married last year. The reception is this fall.  I will know zero people. Maybe a handful.  Wife feels obligated.  

I’m sorry if you think my priorities are goofed because I’d rather hang with college friends my daughters and extended friends than be at that reception.  But we’ll have to disagree.   Now the other wedding is a close friend of ours. We support the family and their daughter getting married. They’ve always been close. I have no problem with that wedding.

I don’t know. Seems like we are moving in the direction of thinking we can challenge the outcome of any objectively decided event simply because we don’t like the result. I am in the process of declaring MSU 2013-14 national champs.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-08-22, 20:43

Turtleneck wrote:
. I am in the process of declaring MSU 2013-14 national champs.

Come on in, the waters fine, we’ve been waiting for you.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-08-22, 20:43

DWags wrote:

sounds like a wedding that y'all probably don't need to attend, which then it becomes fair to be annoyed at it.
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn, DWags and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-08-22, 23:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I skipped a wedding to go to the Oregon game in 2015, as I know I talked about around here at the time. I still don’t know if I made the right decision or not. it wasn’t a great friend, the kind of buddy I see once every few years at this point- a lot more in the past but that was 8-9 years prior. I think I’ve seen him twice since then. Any other game that season and I would have gone to the wedding but alas.

I've never skipped a wedding to go to a game. But I would feel no shame in this situation. If you're going to schedule your wedding in the fall, you at least gotta check the schedule.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-08-23, 14:01

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

This guy isn’t a SPARTAN. A SPARTAN would call in a bomb threat to the venue then go to the game

Not a spartan...

How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent.krem.com%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F05%2F23%2Funabomber_1464043911386_2467416_ver1.0
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-08-23, 14:15

Turtleneck wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I don’t know. Seems like we are moving in the direction of thinking we can challenge the outcome of any objectively decided event simply because we don’t like the result. I am in the process of declaring MSU 2013-14 national champs.

The votes were stolen, otherwise Spartans would have been national champions that year. I'm pretty sure they can still be installed as national champs on September 13th, or was it August 13th? Let me check with the pillow guy, he knows.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn, y2kMgrad and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-23, 16:30

Turtleneck wrote:Travis, are you getting married at halftime of a home game? Let us know so we can come cheer for you or maybe even object.

Travis should get married at halftime in the Goodyear blimp as it circles over SS. Spartyvision could install cameras and put it on the scoreboards and in-house monitors at all the feed stations. Maybe in the bathrooms. I’ll bet his fiancé Debbie would love it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-08-23, 16:42

No it’s a Sunday and the lions aren’t even playing so there are no sports games to get married at. We’ll just have to have the blimp fly over greenways house I guess
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-23, 17:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:No it’s a Sunday and the lions aren’t even playing so there are no sports games to get married at. We’ll just have to have the blimp fly over greenways house I guess

I think there is a bocce ball tournament in the park that day. Get married there so you have a sports game to get married at. If you don't embed your marriage in a sense of competitiveness from the start, it is doomed to fail. Set the tone early. Winning is all that matters in life, and especially in marriage.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-23, 17:34

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:No it’s a Sunday and the lions aren’t even playing so there are no sports games to get married at. We’ll just have to have the blimp fly over greenways house I guess

Sounds good to me. I’ll forward my standard licensing fee for one-day access to my air rights. You and Debbie will both have to e-sign and return a copy to me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-23, 18:35

Will the blimp explode when it gets hit by GW’s chili gas?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-08-23, 18:44

Are you making us chili greenway
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-23, 18:57

He eats a pound of Rotel chili for breakfast every day.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-23, 18:59

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Are you making us chili greenway

You and Debbie will love my cold breakfast chili, and it’s served to you in a French maid’s outfit. I mean, it will be if Turtleneck can get the time off.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-08-23, 21:35

I'm planning on 3, but it may be 2.
Wedding season, and this year and next year are already crazy lined up.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-08-23, 21:39

looking at the schedule now, Penn State at home seems like the most likely so maybe 1.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2021-08-23, 23:34

Hopefully 1. How many MSU football games do you plan to attend this year? 55953254
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down