Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Post here when something happens that reminds you you’re not a kid anymore

+8
InTenSity
DWags
duffy munn
Nordic
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Cameron
tGreenWay
12 posters

Go down

tOfficial Post here when something happens that reminds you you’re not a kid anymore Empty tOfficial Post here when something happens that reminds you you’re not a kid anymore

Post by tGreenWay Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 18:12

It’s been a week of pulling flooded crap out of the basement, but my usually sore back has held up reasonably well. That changed yesterday when I got a muscle spasm and all I was doing was sitting on my bed in only a slightly twisted position, giving my most excellent dog the attention she always deserves.

Oh, another example underscoring my age is my lack of knowledge of music guests on SNL 90% of the time for the past year.

tOfficial Post here when something happens that reminds you you’re not a kid anymore 1811933421
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Post here when something happens that reminds you you’re not a kid anymore Empty Re: tOfficial Post here when something happens that reminds you you’re not a kid anymore

Post by Cameron Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 18:57

Saw a meme recently about how we're closer to 2050 than 1990. Made me think about picking out burial plots.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Post here when something happens that reminds you you’re not a kid anymore Empty Re: tOfficial Post here when something happens that reminds you you’re not a kid anymore

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 18:59

This thread's a day late, because yesterday I underwent a treadmill stress test. AFAIK, kids don't usually get those.

ps. Floyd 1 Treadmill 0
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Cameron, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 19:01

My 7yr old wanted to race me back to the tree I trimmed after we hauled branches to the woods.

Holy shit...... There's no way I could run a mile without stopping. No way.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 19:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:This thread's a day late, because yesterday I underwent a treadmill stress test. AFAIK, kids don't usually get those.

ps. Floyd 1 Treadmill 0

To paraphrase Han Solo: Great, Floyd! Don’t get cocky.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 20:37

tOfficial Post here when something happens that reminds you you’re not a kid anymore Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThIKDmQnG95hStzt_iJ5r8WQ2_bmy-hYS8BA&usqp=CAU
tOfficial Post here when something happens that reminds you you’re not a kid anymore Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc1SNIaEFd3tppEkJ7577K3uWR36qCXUKrig&usqp=CAUtOfficial Post here when something happens that reminds you you’re not a kid anymore 2Q==

tOfficial Post here when something happens that reminds you you’re not a kid anymore 9k=
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 22:45

The last time I went bowling I pulled a hamstring
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 8:31

Threw my back out taking a dump last Spring.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 9:07

The whole left side of my body is fucked. I've had tennis elbow since sometime in the spring, and its lingering even after a cortisone shot. The left bicep has tendonitis and I have a pinched nerve somewhere around the left shoulder blade/neck area that is annoying AF, and painful. I'm back to wearing a knee brace on my left knee and starting to see a Rheumatologist again. I just got a blister on my right achilles, which is painful.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 9:11

probably not enough bandwith here to document all of the relevant instances.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 9:22

I was trying to think of snarky to say that makes it seem like I’m 23/24 and like “ha ha I’m so old but not really fuck off geezers” but I have absolutely no idea what someone of that age is interested in these days so I can’t even make that post which I just realized was a little bit depressing and more on brand for the thread anyway
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 10:12

InTenSity wrote:The whole left side of my body is fucked. I've had tennis elbow since sometime in the spring, and its lingering even after a cortisone shot. The left bicep has tendonitis and I have a pinched nerve somewhere around the left shoulder blade/neck area that is annoying AF, and painful. I'm back to wearing a knee brace on my left knee and starting to see a Rheumatologist again. I just got a blister on my right achilles, which is painful.

For the Tennis Elbow get this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0057D87SW/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_track_package_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Stretch, message and strengthen the forearm (grip).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 15:07

Nordic wrote:
InTenSity wrote:The whole left side of my body is fucked. I've had tennis elbow since sometime in the spring, and its lingering even after a cortisone shot. The left bicep has tendonitis and I have a pinched nerve somewhere around the left shoulder blade/neck area that is annoying AF, and painful. I'm back to wearing a knee brace on my left knee and starting to see a Rheumatologist again. I just got a blister on my right achilles, which is painful.

For the Tennis Elbow get this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0057D87SW/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_track_package_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Stretch, message and strengthen the forearm (grip).
The tennis elbow part of it is almost gone. I can lift a gallon of milk again, without too much pain. It is still the bicep tendonitis and pinch nerve that are keeping me from golfing. Doesn't hurt that summer isn't the season to golf in Florida, so I'm happily resting.
I have BandIt, but I might take a look at what you are suggesting.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 16:31

It may or may not help for bicep tendonitis. Can confirm it works for tennis elbow. Takes the stress off the joint/tendon which can get overworked. I will wear this at night when my elbow/forearm/bicep is on fire:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CQQYY72/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 16:50

You guys are all negative...

I was just perusing all-inclusive Caribbean vacations, and I know I can afford all of them for a descent time period if I so choose. Which is nice.

(Of course I have "joint pain" and I grunt every time I stand up, too...)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 19:29

My acupuncture therapist used a gua sha treat on my tennis elbow, and it was a huge success after only the first time. She recommended the treatment after three sessions of acupuncture had failed to improve the nerve pain.
Gua sha isn’t for everyone, because it applies a lot of pressure on the location of the body where the pain exists. It also leaves the area of the treatment looking like you got beat with a sledgehammer, and it will stay that way anywhere from hours to a few days, slowly improving. My arm looked awful for three dsys, but I didn’t care because it felt great for the first time in a couple years. I’ve only needed a couple treatments in the few years since. I also bought a gua sha stone (~$20) so I could treat myself when there were a couple of minor issues, but letting someone else do it is more effective, generally.
FYI, gua sha is similar to cupping, which is why Michael Phelps had those round bruises on his back a couple of Olympics ago. I’ve never had that done, so I can’t speak to its effectiveness.
Give it a go, InTen. Other than the cost of the session, you don’t have anything to lose at this point.
Here’s some background:

https://www.webmd.com/balance/what-is-gua-sha
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 19:30

I backed out of going to a local HS football game tonight. A friend’s son is starting at LB as a sophomore but it’s 89 (feels like 100) at the stadium.

I’ll see him play in October.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 19:32

AvgMSUJoe wrote:You guys are all negative...

I was just perusing all-inclusive Caribbean vacations, and I know I can afford all of them for a descent time period if I so choose. Which is nice.

And now we know Joe is tSwill baller. He can’t spell for shit, but he’s a baller.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 19:50

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:You guys are all negative...

And now we know Joe is tSwill baller. He can’t spell for shit, but he’s a baller.
Yes, can't spell. Never could.

Not a baller, but remembering back to my 20s... wouldn't have even dreamed of it.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down