Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wtf? Alec Baldwin killed someone with a prop gun on a movie set.

+15
duffy munn
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Rocinante
The Pantry
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
Motown Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
DWags
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wtf? Alec Baldwin killed someone with a prop gun on a movie set.  Empty Wtf? Alec Baldwin killed someone with a prop gun on a movie set.

Post by DWags Thu 21 Oct - 23:06

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1451374093542957059?s=21
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Wtf? Alec Baldwin killed someone with a prop gun on a movie set.  Empty Re: Wtf? Alec Baldwin killed someone with a prop gun on a movie set.

Post by tGreenWay Fri 22 Oct - 0:33

All the connies on TOB are furious Baldwin is going to get away with murder. 🙄
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Wtf? Alec Baldwin killed someone with a prop gun on a movie set.  Empty Re: Wtf? Alec Baldwin killed someone with a prop gun on a movie set.

Post by tGreenWay Fri 22 Oct - 0:36

I remember when this happened to Jack Hexum, though his death was self-inflicted. He worked at the same radio station where I got my start in HS, though he was a little before my time. Most of the people I worked with knew him and said he was a good guy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 22 Oct - 7:44

tGreenWay wrote:All the connies on TOB are furious Baldwin is going to get away with murder. 🙄
republicans politicizing a tragedy that ends with the loss of a human life?

I can't imagine that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Fri 22 Oct - 8:14

Squib load I bet, just like Brandon Lee.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 22 Oct - 8:32

Motown Spartan wrote:Squib load I bet, just like Brandon Lee.

What is that?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 22 Oct - 8:41

Jennifer Jason Leigh's father was killed on a movie set back in the late 60's (maybe early 70's) - a helicopter that was part of the movie.. it crashed into a pond or something where filming was being done.

from what I recall, dude got whacked up by the propeller. Shocked

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 22 Oct - 8:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Jennifer Jason Leigh's father was killed on a movie set back in the late 60's (maybe early 70's) - a helicopter that was part of the movie.. it crashed into a pond or something where filming was being done.

from what I recall, dude got whacked up by the propeller. Shocked

Wow, TIL her father was Vic Morrow. Shocked
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 22 Oct - 8:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Jennifer Jason Leigh's father was killed on a movie set back in the late 60's (maybe early 70's) - a helicopter that was part of the movie..  it crashed into a pond or something where filming was being done.

from what I recall, dude got whacked up by the propeller.  Shocked

Wow, TIL her father was Vic Morrow. Shocked
yep!

oh, and just looked it up. He died in July of 1982 (I thought it was earlier) and Fast Times at Ridgemont High was released in August of '82.

freaky.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Fri 22 Oct - 9:22

DWags wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:Squib load I bet, just like Brandon Lee.

What is that?

A squib load is when there is a bullet or some other projectile caught in the barrel of the gun from a previous fire and then unintentionally shot out when a blank is subsequently fired.

This is how Brandon Lee (Son of Bruce Lee) was killed on the set of The Crow.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 22 Oct - 9:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:All the connies on TOB are furious Baldwin is going to get away with murder. 🙄

I can't imagine that.

What in the actual fuck are you talking about  Wtf? Alec Baldwin killed someone with a prop gun on a movie set.  294152859
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and The Pantry like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 22 Oct - 9:42

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I can't imagine that.

What in the actual fuck are you talking about  Wtf? Alec Baldwin killed someone with a prop gun on a movie set.  294152859
Dance Fever, baby.. what are you talking about?

Wtf? Alec Baldwin killed someone with a prop gun on a movie set.  Eurovision-dance

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 22 Oct - 9:44

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I can't imagine that.

On the other site here are some of the comments:

Should be in jail, he knows that even with blanks a real gun can kill someone. Hollywood gets away with any OSHA violation they want in Cali.
Baldwin is another Hollywood POS elitist with anger issues. He belongs in prison but we all know not a thing will happen to him.
Hollywood should be more focused on trigger safety than being triggered and safe spaces by the looks of it.

There is 5 pages in the thread over there and this is just a couple from the first page.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 22 Oct - 9:47

He offends them because he made fun of their god king on a tv show that no one watches anymore. It’s some real real small man shit.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 22 Oct - 9:50

Motown Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

What is that?

A squib load is when there is a bullet or some other projectile caught in the barrel of the gun from a previous fire and then unintentionally shot out when a blank is subsequently fired.

This is how Brandon Lee (Son of Bruce Lee) was killed on the set of The Crow.

Jesus. I cna't imagine how mad I'd be if that was my wife, daughter, sister, aunt, who was killed in that manner.

If what you are saying is true, it seems the blame is going to be on the stunt people responsible for that. I was watching the news and some expert was saying they go through a ton of precautions (or should) including during a scene that they position the actors that you aren't actually firing straight at them, you're off set but the movie watcher can't tell that. However, this was a person not in the scene.

I'd say whoever loaded the gun has some things to go over with the police with today.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 22 Oct - 9:52

InTenSity wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Should be in jail, he knows that even with blanks a real gun can kill someone. Hollywood gets away with any OSHA violation they want in Cali.
Baldwin is another Hollywood POS elitist with anger issues. He belongs in prison but we all know not a thing will happen to him.
Hollywood should be more focused on trigger safety than being triggered and safe spaces by the looks of it.

There is 5 pages in the thread over there and this is just a couple from the first page.

Their anger is misdirected. They don't care, but it's misdirected. If I'm an actor, and I'm handed a gun by my stunt coordinators I'm assuming it's a blank and all precautions have been followed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 22 Oct - 9:54

My final question or outrage over this: You guys who know more about this than I: Are you saying in this day and age, with all of our technology, we can't hand a gun to an actor that just produces a little puff of smoke when fired and then add the sound in later? Why would you need something so powerful when shooting that it could kill someone if there is an object in the gun?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 22 Oct - 9:58

DWags wrote:My final question or outrage over this: You guys who know more about this than I: Are you saying in this day and age, with all of our technology, we can't hand a gun to an actor that just produces a little puff of smoke when fired and then add the sound in later? Why would you need something so powerful when shooting that it could kill someone if there is an object in the gun?

Seems like it would be a matter of budget- putting blanks in a gun is probably a lot cheaper than the editing.

Just guessing
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri 22 Oct - 10:10

tGreenWay wrote:I remember when this happened to Jack Hexum, though his death was self-inflicted. He worked at the same radio station where I got my start in HS, though he was a little before my time. Most of the people I worked with knew him and said he was a good guy.

I remember this well when I was a kid. I loved his show Voyagers when I was like 10 or 11, that was a show my dad and I always watched together. I remember that it was on the set of another show or movie, and he was messing around like he was shooting himself in the head, not realizing that there is a wad of paper that shoots out with some force over a very short distance. I also didn't realize (or didn't remember) that he was a Spartan, let alone a football player, until I saw your post and looked up what connection he had to the state.

This sounds different, and may be the Jason Crow type of situation like Mowtown mentioned, where an empty cartridge is still in the gun and gets shot out. Maybe that goes a longer distance, causing this. It sounds like it was during a scene, not messing around in off time.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 22 Oct - 10:21

InTenSity wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Who gives a flying fuck? Bob's hyperbolic political horseshit comment is just as idiotic and ironic.

Someone died.

Last edited by Nordic on Fri 22 Oct - 10:23; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and SawGreen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 22 Oct - 10:23

Nordic wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Who gives a flying fuck? Bob's hyperbolic political horseshit comment is just as idiotic.
you just offended hyperbolic political horseshit.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 22 Oct - 10:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Who gives a flying fuck? Bob's hyperbolic political horseshit comment is just as idiotic.
you just offended hyperbolic political horseshit.

cool joke
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Fri 22 Oct - 10:59

DWags wrote:My final question or outrage over this: You guys who know more about this than I: Are you saying in this day and age, with all of our technology, we can't hand a gun to an actor that just produces a little puff of smoke when fired and then add the sound in later? Why would you need something so powerful when shooting that it could kill someone if there is an object in the gun?

The only reason I can think of is authenticity. They want it to look as real as real can get. Does the end justify the means? No. Not even close.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri 22 Oct - 11:48

Motown Spartan wrote:

The only reason I can think of is authenticity. They want it to look as real as real can get. Does the end justify the means? No. Not even close.

You could say that about most accidents or random events. You'll never get out of bed in the morning if you're worried about a 1 in several million chance befalling you.

Someone probably dropped the ball on their protocols, which supposedly include multiple people handling/checking the guns before the actors touch them.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 22 Oct - 12:00

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: you just offended hyperbolic political horseshit.

cool joke
dude, you didn't ask me, but you might be taking the message board scene a little too seriously.

Happy Friday, dude. Wtf? Alec Baldwin killed someone with a prop gun on a movie set.  969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 22 Oct - 14:49

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I remember when this happened to Jack Hexum, though his death was self-inflicted. He worked at the same radio station where I got my start in HS, though he was a little before my time. Most of the people I worked with knew him and said he was a good guy.

I remember this well when I was a kid. I loved his show Voyagers when I was like 10 or 11, that was a show my dad and I always watched together. I remember that it was on the set of another show or movie, and he was messing around like he was shooting himself in the head, not realizing that there is a wad of paper that shoots out with some force over a very short distance. I also didn't realize (or didn't remember) that he was a Spartan, let alone a football player, until I saw your post and looked up what connection he had to the state.

This sounds different, and may be the Jason Crow type of situation like Mowtown mentioned, where an empty cartridge is still in the gun and gets shot out. Maybe that goes a longer distance, causing this. It sounds like it was during a scene, not messing around in off time.

Never had any idea who he was in Hollywood. Didn’t know his show(s). I only knew him as the guy my boss told me about with the tremendous pipes who was trying to be a star in LA. Then, he died and I read how he was supposed to be •the• rising star in a group of young H-wood actors. What a waste.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 22 Oct - 14:54

As for any charges, we have to wait to find out what happened. If Baldwin was screwing around, I guess it’s possible he could face some level of manslaughter charge. It’s unlikely the prop master faces any charges, though he may never work again. We just need to find out what happened first.
I read something where there’s an inherent risk because directors want as real a look as possible.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 22 Oct - 15:10

tGreenWay wrote:As for any charges, we have to wait to find out what happened. If Baldwin was screwing around, I guess it’s possible he could face some level of manslaughter charge. It’s unlikely the prop master faces any charges, though he may never work again. We just need to find out what happened first.
I read something where there’s an inherent risk because directors want as real a look as possible.
(I know this is gonna sound trite, and I don't mean it to sound that way)..

but it would suck to kill someone.

Even if it turns out that it was a total accident. No fault of yours whatsoever, the idea of taking away someone's husband, wife, brother, sister, mom, dad, etc would be an incredible burden to carry.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 22 Oct - 16:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:As for any charges, we have to wait to find out what happened. If Baldwin was screwing around, I guess it’s possible he could face some level of manslaughter charge. It’s unlikely the prop master faces any charges, though he may never work again. We just need to find out what happened first.

Even if it turns out that it was a total accident. No fault of yours whatsoever, the idea of taking away someone's husband, wife, brother, sister, mom, dad, etc would be an incredible burden to carry.

Yes, horrific for everyone
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 22 Oct - 17:34

Pure speculation but wonder if a disgruntled union worker put a live round in the gun...

Alec Baldwin 'Rust' camera crew walked off the set in protest before the fatal shooting
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 22 Oct - 17:49

Could a prop master or company face “negligent homicide”?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 22 Oct - 17:50

The Pantry wrote:Pure speculation but wonder if a disgruntled union worker put a live round in the gun...

Alec Baldwin 'Rust' camera crew walked off the set in protest before the fatal shooting

That’s a huge what if but wow. Interesting.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 22 Oct - 18:21

DWags wrote:

Could a prop master or company face “negligent homicide”?

Could? Sure. But the investigation would have to bear that out, and my guess is that’s a level prosecutors would have trouble attaining. If someone was screwing around, or Baldwin, with his well documented temper, pointed the gun at the DP because of the labor problems happening, an involuntary manslaughter charge is more likely. This is only based on many conversations through the years with my friend who is a criminal defense attorney. Although, as I’ve learned happens often, prosecutors will overcharge the accused, hoping for a more favorable plea agreement.
Best we wait to see what comes out in the investigation.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 22 Oct - 18:24

The Pantry wrote:Pure speculation but wonder if a disgruntled union worker put a live round in the gun...

The article you linked says “live round” is an industry term meaning it’s ready to fire— different from what you or I would consider a live round. It doesn’t necessarily mean there’s a bullet chambered. “Live” could still mean blanks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 22 Oct - 18:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I get it. When I was a new driver, all the way through my college years, the one thing that concerned me most was hitting someone, especially a kid. It’s what kept me from speeding in neighborhoods. No way I’d want to carry that burden around for the rest of my life.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 22 Oct - 18:29

tGreenWay wrote:

The article you linked says “live round” is an industry term meaning it’s ready to fire— different from what you or I would consider a live round. It doesn’t necessarily mean there’s a bullet chambered. “Live” could still mean blanks.
"Live" to me means a real bullet.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 22 Oct - 18:43

I think Bob’s observation is pretty spot on actually. If you’re on Twitter at all you see maga folks including former trump admin people ripping on Baldwin, not expressing condolences in any way. Are we supposed to pretend that’s not happening because someone died.

Her name was Halyna Hutchins by the way.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 22 Oct - 18:53

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That’s why I included that last part.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 22 Oct - 19:04

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

That’s why I included that last part.
Perhaps Hollywood should differentiate using the common terms known to the rest of us..."blank" and "live".
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 22 Oct - 19:15

Also Baldwin is a known asshole who blows up and does stupid shit so I’m not defending him. I’m defending Bob.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next