Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danger danger on I 96.

+3
Dendrobates
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
7 posters

Go down

Danger danger on I 96. Empty Danger danger on I 96.

Post by DWags 2021-11-27, 11:46

Multiple spin outs and accidents on both sides of the road. Road seems very icy. If you are going to the game travel with caution.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Danger danger on I 96. Empty Re: Danger danger on I 96.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-11-27, 12:09

I just helped trailer two horses down 96 and up 127 dwags and tbh I’m glad I’m alive that was scary and a mistake
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-11-27, 12:10

We made it though. Two wheel drive truck. Still gotta be hyper careful on the way home
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-11-27, 22:30

We left the game at the end of the 3rd quarter. Because I'm a pussy and was wet and cold. I still don't understand how my long johns were wet, but outer clothes weren't. But also because we knew the roads would suck and be madness leaving with everyone else. Even with only going a shorter distance staying overnight in Jackson. Accidents left and right on 127. We couldn't go more than 35. I'm sure it was so much worse on 96 and 94 heading back.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-11-27, 22:37

Dendrobates wrote:We left the game at the end of the 3rd quarter. Because I'm a pussy and was wet and cold. I still don't understand how my long johns were wet, but outer clothes weren't. But also because we knew the roads would suck and be madness leaving with everyone else. Even with only going a shorter distance staying overnight in Jackson. Accidents left and right on 127. We couldn't go more than 35. I'm sure it was so much worse on 96 and 94 heading back.

Was it pee
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That, tGreenWay and Wally Fairway like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-27, 23:08

Road crew planning gets a big fail today. This snow was known. 20+ cars spun out on I-69 on the way to the game at 11am. At least 4 slow downs for wreckers/flashers. They were out. They knew.  Zero salt trucks.

Two big in State games. Holiday weekend. Lots of travelers. It was not hard to plan some pre-salting.  

Drive home was worse, but salt trucks were out. Everyone was crawling home. I'm mentally spent.

Last edited by Nordic on 2021-11-28, 00:03; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-11-27, 23:49

The announcers on TV mentioned seeing multiple cars that had spun out on their way to campus.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-11-27, 23:53

Nordic wrote:Road crew planning gets a big fail today. This snow was known. 20+ cars spun out on I-69 on the way to the game at 11am. At least 4 slow downs for wreckers/flashers. They were out. They knew.  Zero salt trucks.

Two big in State games. Holiday. Lots of travelers. I was not hard to plan some pre-salting.  

Drive home was worse, but expected. Salt trucks were out at least. But they were no were to be found on the way up.  Roads were worse, but expected. Everyone crawling home. I'm mentally spent.

I never had this happen to me before but, on ice 696 at or near Royal Oak exits, where you have those big overpasses, that form icicles. I get to them, and there’s four utility trucks lined up shoulder to shoulder stopping all traffic. Evidently, icicles had formed and were falling onto cars windshields etc., so they stopped all traffic and knocked all icicles under those huge overpasses on 696 near Evergreen Royal Oak in that area. Traffic was stopped for 15 minutes
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-28, 00:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:We left the game at the end of the 3rd quarter. Because I'm a pussy and was wet and cold. I still don't understand how my long johns were wet, but outer clothes weren't. But also because we knew the roads would suck and be madness leaving with everyone else. Even with only going a shorter distance staying overnight in Jackson. Accidents left and right on 127. We couldn't go more than 35. I'm sure it was so much worse on 96 and 94 heading back.

Was it pee

I’m not going anywhere near Dendro’s post because I don’t want Turtleneck yelling at me again.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-11-28, 07:54

Nordic wrote:Road crew planning gets a big fail today. This snow was known. 20+ cars spun out on I-69 on the way to the game at 11am. At least 4 slow downs for wreckers/flashers. They were out. They knew.  Zero salt trucks.

Two big in State games. Holiday weekend. Lots of travelers. It was not hard to plan some pre-salting.  

Drive home was worse, but salt trucks were out. Everyone was crawling home. I'm mentally spent.

There's a snowplow, salt truck driver shortage in Michigan: What it means for roads
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-11-28, 11:12

Was it pee

Damn if I peed myself, then it soaked all the way up my shirt as well
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-11-28, 11:33

Dendrobates wrote:

Was it pee

Two kids? You peed yourself. One time we were in Traverse city and my wife and I and our daughters had to run across the street from our hotel because traffic was coming we got to the other side of the street and my wife says, “shit let’s go back I just peed myself “. Of course we all started laughing, then she said to my daughters hey look this is your fault it’s what happens when you have two kids
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-11-28, 14:56

DWags wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Two kids? You peed yourself. One time we were in Traverse city and my wife and I and our daughters had to run across the street from our hotel because traffic was coming we got to the other side of the street and my wife says, “shit let’s go back I just peed myself “. Of course we all started laughing, then she said to my daughters hey look this is your fault it’s what happens when you have two kids

I was joking.

I somehow escaped that side effect from kids.

I did notice the icicles were gone on our drive back today
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down