Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd! Duffy! HELP ME!!!!

+9
duffy munn
Pervis Muldoon
kingstonlake
Trapper Gus
Travis of the Cosmos
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
tGreenWay
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Floyd! Duffy! HELP ME!!!!  Empty Floyd! Duffy! HELP ME!!!!

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 15:58

I’m getting lots of Lions writeups on my news feeds about what a great draft they had, and how Detroit is becoming a fan favorite across the country because of that and the wacky things Campbell says. I’m starting to feel a pinging in my brain that is definitely not related to Bill Gates. At the same time, there’s a real discomfort in my belly as if I’m eating a big bowl of turds. I know it and I keep eating it anyway.
Make it stop! I tried to get out but they keep pulling me back in.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Floyd! Duffy! HELP ME!!!!  Empty Re: Floyd! Duffy! HELP ME!!!!

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 16:02

I’ve gone nearly five years without caring about the Lions. Done very well ridding their losing stench from my body and mind. I spent two seasons in search of a new favorite fb to cheer on. Couldn’t find one, so I just watched what was on tv. Still didn’t miss the Liedowns. Why is this pull happening now? I quit them. I fired them. Yet, here they are again tugging at me when I know damn well this is just going to be another heartbreaking season team.
Fuck me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-05-31, 16:03

Doesn't WBH love the Lions?!?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 16:06

InTenSity wrote:Doesn't WBH love the Lions?!?

I don’t know and I don’t need a Lions’ fan. I need former Lions’ fans reminding me to stay strong in avoiding getting roped back into an organization that will most certainly crush my dreams again.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 16:07

I’m going to take a cold shower and see if that helps kill things.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-05-31, 16:13

Be strong, man. You can do it. Fifteen years after reclaiming my Sundays and I've maintained a healthy Lions-free lifestyle. A quarter here, a quarter there, thank God for tryptophan on Thanksgiving. Just remember, only the Lions could lose a playoff game 5-0. Only Monte Clarke would be praying for field goal salvation in Candlestick park. Only Daryl Rogers would beg "what's a guy got to do get fired".

F the Lions.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

The Pantry, tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-05-31, 16:29

Get your shit together, Greenway. Last Lion I had on a FF team was Matt Prater. League commissioner solved that issue by removing kickers from the playing roster.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 16:43

Floyd Robertson wrote:Be strong, man. You can do it. Fifteen years after reclaiming my Sundays and I've maintained a healthy Lions-free lifestyle. A quarter here, a quarter there, thank God for tryptophan on Thanksgiving. Just remember, only the Lions could lose a playoff game 5-0. Only Monte Clarke would be praying for field goal salvation in Candlestick park. Only Daryl Rogers would beg "what's a guy got to do get fired".

F the Lions.

Cold shower didn’t help, but this did. Thanks, Floyd. Apparently, any little thing can reignite flamed out synapses. I thought they were snuffed out for good, but those articles hit the Go button. I might need you again as I try to settle back down into my more recent, more comfortable life choice of Lions-free football. Floyd! Duffy! HELP ME!!!!  685334576
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 16:45

The Pantry wrote:Get your shit together, Greenway. Last Lion I had on a FF team was Matt Prater. League commissioner solved that issue by removing kickers from the playing roster.

Thanks, Pantry. I’m just going to pay attention to your first sentence; the drill instructor approach. It helps. The rest of your response, the part about FF, doesn’t match your opening line.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-05-31, 16:50

You can just watch games greenway without tying your entire being into the result thus avoiding the “heartbreak” which is a weird word for a sports ball game. Give it a shot if you’re not having fun then stop who gives a shit
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 16:58

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You can just watch games greenway without tying your entire being into the result thus avoiding the “heartbreak” which is a weird word for a sports ball game. Give it a shot if you’re not having fun then stop who gives a shit

I knew you’d hate this thread, Travis. I should’ve given you a trigger warning. My bad.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-05-31, 16:59

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Get your shit together, Greenway. Last Lion I had on a FF team was Matt Prater. League commissioner solved that issue by removing kickers from the playing roster.

Thanks, Pantry. I’m just going to pay attention to your first sentence; the drill instructor approach. It helps. The rest of your response, the part about FF, doesn’t match your opening line.
Because you don't understand how much the rest of the Lions lack value, individually.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 17:02

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Because you don't understand how much the rest of the Lions lack value, individually.

Actually, I do. However, I’m a rabid anti-FF with respect to anyone talking about it in threads not having to do with ff. I didn’t want to do anything to encourage more on that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-05-31, 17:03

tGreenWay wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You can just watch games greenway without tying your entire being into the result thus avoiding the “heartbreak” which is a weird word for a sports ball game. Give it a shot if you’re not having fun then stop who gives a shit

I knew you’d hate this thread, Travis. I should’ve given you a trigger warning. My bad.

I just think it’s a bit silly is all. If you don’t want to watch, don’t. If you change your mind and do, then do. Feel free to change your mind back. No one cares.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 17:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I just think it’s a bit silly is all. If you don’t want to watch, don’t. If you change your mind and do, then do. Feel free to change your mind back. No one cares.

Yeah, you don’t get it… yet. But, you will, in about twenty years.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-05-31, 17:06

Personally, I think Bill Munson can lead them to a title this year.

Liking that new kid, Landry, too.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-05-31, 17:08

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Because you don't understand how much the rest of the Lions lack value, individually.

Actually, I do. However, I’m a rabid anti-FF with respect to anyone talking about it in threads not having to do with ff. I didn’t want to do anything to encourage more on that.
Get over yourself. You can learn a lot about the NFL playing FF.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 17:17

Trapper Gus wrote:Personally, I think Bill Munson can lead them to a title this year.

Jeff Komlo is the future.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 17:19

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Get over yourself. You can learn a lot about the NFL playing FF.

Reread what I wrote. I made a point not to slam ff itself. I said I was against people talking ff in random threads such as this.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-05-31, 17:20

The real story here is why did OTPT hack Travis' account. Floyd! Duffy! HELP ME!!!!  1494614055

Oh and Greenway........Floyd! Duffy! HELP ME!!!!  2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 17:25

kingstonlake wrote:The real story here is why did OTPT hack Travis' account. Floyd! Duffy! HELP ME!!!!  1494614055

Oh and Greenway........Floyd! Duffy! HELP ME!!!!  2809484752

Travis hates anyone posting mean things about the Lions. Not sure about OTPT.
And Floyd! Duffy! HELP ME!!!!  2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-05-31, 17:25

tGreenWay wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Personally, I think Bill Munson can lead them to a title this year.

Must be after my time as a Lion fan.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 17:30

Trapper Gus wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Must be after my time as a Lion fan.

Just more of the same Lions’ futility.
Speaking of Komlo, I either had no idea he had died or, if I had, I’d forgotten about it.
This Wikipedia story about Komlo’s life after football paints a pretty grim picture of who he was as a person.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Komlo
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-05-31, 17:58

I gave up on the Lions and consider myself an NFL free agent, signing only one-year deals. I've agreed to be a Seahawks fan for the 2022 season.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-05-31, 18:22

Greenway. Eat a couple of gummies and open a beer. See if you can find some Rusty Hilger highlights or maybe an old Monte Clark presser. If that doesn't work, imagine taking the wind in OT. Or perhaps an OT walk off kickoff return by the Bears on Thanksgiving Day. Maybe invision Sterling Sharpe from Brett Farve the last time ( I think) the gridiron heroes made the playoff.

I hope this helps dude. Please let me know if you need ANYTHING else.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-05-31, 19:03

tGreenWay wrote:I’m getting lots of Lions writeups on my news feeds about what a great draft they had, and how Detroit is becoming a fan favorite across the country because of that and the wacky things Campbell says. I’m starting to feel a pinging in my brain that is definitely not related to Bill Gates. At the same time, there’s a real discomfort in my belly as if I’m eating a big bowl of turds. I know it and I keep eating it anyway.

Pulling you back in? Weird. I guess you claim otherwise when it's convenient to whatever position you're staking out in a thread.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t16558p120-tofficial-buffalo-bills-thread#707307
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 19:13

duffy munn wrote:Greenway. Eat a couple of gummies and open a beer. See if you can find some Rusty Hilger highlights or maybe an old Monte Clark presser. If that doesn't work, imagine taking the wind in OT. Or perhaps an OT walk off kickoff return by the Bears on Thanksgiving Day. Maybe invision Sterling Sharpe from Brett Farve the last time ( I think) the gridiron heroes made the playoff.

You make some very strong arguments. Floyd! Duffy! HELP ME!!!!  502811600
I hurried up to a Silverdome men’s room right after the regulation clock expired against the Bears on Thanksgiving. I didn’t want to miss any of the OT. Every one of us peeing heard a muted, thunderous roar. We knew something big happened, but we didn’t know what. Once I got back into the corridor, it was wall to wall humanity and one guy said it was a kick return for a TD. I had to stop and ask someone else who had scored. My stepmom, who worked directly for WFC, was in a pretty foul mood the rest of the day. Then again, that’s pretty much how she always was, so I guess I don’t know if she was bummed or not.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 19:28

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I’m getting lots of Lions writeups on my news feeds about what a great draft they had, and how Detroit is becoming a fan favorite across the country because of that and the wacky things Campbell says. I’m starting to feel a pinging in my brain that is definitely not related to Bill Gates. At the same time, there’s a real discomfort in my belly as if I’m eating a big bowl of turds. I know it and I keep eating it anyway.

Pulling you back in? Weird. I guess you claim otherwise when it's convenient to whatever position you're staking out in a thread.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t16558p120-tofficial-buffalo-bills-thread#707307

You have Pantry-level reading comprehension. My response in that thread is right in line with what I’ve said for a few years now. I was a lifelong fan, then finally got wise to the yearly collapse that typically included a few plays or decisions that resulted in the Lions being a national laughingstock. Then I weened myself off them, trying for a couple years to find a new team to root for. Failing that, I just flipped channels to see what game was most interesting, occasionally getting to watch and laugh as the Lions clutched defeat from the hands of victory. Then along comes this most recent draft, after which many articles were written in rose-colored ink. All of those pretty words started pulling me back toward caring about the team again. But because I don’t want to fall back into that trap, and, knowing how they’ve had their claws in me before, I felt the need to ask a couple other old timers help me get back on track.
Any other questions, Nigel?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 19:30

Pervis Muldoon wrote:I gave up on the Lions and consider myself an NFL free agent, signing only one-year deals. I've agreed to be a Seahawks fan for the 2022 season.

There was a brief time when I thought Seattle was going to be my new favorite team, but it didn’t take. I had a hard time cheering for a team that was employing Frank Clark.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-05-31, 19:37

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You have Pantry-level reading comprehension. My response in that thread is right in line with what I’ve said for a few years now. I was a lifelong fan, then finally got wise to the yearly collapse that typically included a few plays or decisions that resulted in the Lions being a national laughingstock. Then I weened myself off them, trying for a couple years to find a new team to root for. Failing that, I just flipped channels to see what game was most interesting, occasionally getting to watch and laugh as the Lions clutched defeat from the hands of victory. Then along comes this most recent draft, after which many articles were written in rose-colored ink. All of those pretty words started pulling me back toward caring about the team again. But because I don’t want to fall back into that trap, and, knowing how they’ve had their claws in me before, I felt the need to ask a couple other old timers help me get back on track.

TLDR
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-05-31, 19:41

Greenway, the nitpicker. Gone full-on batshit Lions fan, again.

Do yourself a favor and kick yourself in the ass. If you can't manage that, ask your wife to do it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-05-31, 19:49

My $.02 on the Lions... It would probably be fun if they were relevant, but they aren't.

Fall asleep watching a come from behind loss after raking leaves all day. That should be the extent of a healthy relationship with the lion organization.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-05-31, 20:18

tGreenWay wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:I gave up on the Lions and consider myself an NFL free agent, signing only one-year deals. I've agreed to be a Seahawks fan for the 2022 season.

There was a brief time when I thought Seattle was going to be my new favorite team, but it didn’t take. I had a hard time cheering for a team that was employing Frank Clark.

I just googled. He's on the Chiefs now. So you can come back and join me! Oh what great times we'll have as lifelong 2022 Seahawks fans! Suck it, Niners!
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 21:00

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

TLDR

Not surprised, snowflake.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 21:01

The Pantry wrote:Greenway, the nitpicker. Gone full-on batshit Lions fan, again.

Do yourself a favor and kick yourself in the ass. If you can't manage that, ask your wife to do it.

Bring back Tommy Hudspeth.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 21:03

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I just googled. He's on the Chiefs now. So you can come back and join me! Oh what great times we'll have as lifelong 2022 Seahawks fans! Suck it, Niners!

And they have KW III now.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-05-31, 21:23

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:Greenway. Eat a couple of gummies and open a beer. See if you can find some Rusty Hilger highlights or maybe an old Monte Clark presser. If that doesn't work, imagine taking the wind in OT. Or perhaps an OT walk off kickoff return by the Bears on Thanksgiving Day. Maybe invision Sterling Sharpe from Brett Farve the last time ( I think) the gridiron heroes made the playoff.

I hurried up to a Silverdome men’s room right after the regulation clock expired against the Bears on Thanksgiving. I didn’t want to miss any of the OT. Every one of us peeing heard a muted, thunderous roar. We knew something big happened, but we didn’t know what. Once I got back into the corridor, it was wall to wall humanity and one guy said it was a kick return for a TD. I had to stop and ask someone else who had scored. My stepmom, who worked directly for WFC, was in a pretty foul mood the rest of the day. Then again, that’s pretty much how she always was, so I guess I don’t know if she was bummed or not.

Remember that time Gary Danielson rallied the Lions in a playoff game at San Francisco and it looked like a sure victory? Eddie Murray had a chip shot for the win. He was the best kicked in the league at the time. Monte was praying on the sideline with a cigarette in his mouth. He missed greenway. Don't do it.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-05-31, 21:27

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

TLDR

Floyd! Duffy! HELP ME!!!!  200.gif?cid=ddb306a5vo0bg4s8tpckz1xhgucpuu3sazafnljbq9k9czlw&rid=200
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 22:24

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Remember that time Gary Danielson rallied the Lions in a playoff game at San Francisco and it looked like a sure victory? Eddie Murray had a chip shot for the win. He was the best kicked in the league at the time. Monte was praying on the sideline with a cigarette in his mouth. He missed greenway. Don't do it.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. This helps.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-31, 22:26

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Floyd! Duffy! HELP ME!!!!  200.gif?cid=ddb306a5vo0bg4s8tpckz1xhgucpuu3sazafnljbq9k9czlw&rid=200

Oh, darn. Here I am on mobile and can’t see what you posted. It’s a darn shame, Turtleneck, a darn shame.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next