Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Iowa St on the phone, Kenny Kaminski leaving MSU hoops

+38
Kramerica
Cosmo_Kramer
Molon Labe
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
Brock Middlebrook
SeeRockCity
AvgMSUJoe
BtothejizA
kingstonlake
Heathens '87
tTito
beal99
duffy munn
Turtleneck
Heat Miser
Big Ten Referee
Ted Brogan
Mentalstate
Herbie Green
DWags
Death Roe
Stoops21
SawGreen
NigelUno
CrazySparty
gvsparty
InTenSity
RogueLeader
Giant Moose
Larry Kazamias
WhiteBoyHatcher
RubberbandMan
Ass Dan
SpartanInNH
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
pulling69
42 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Get Iowa St on the phone, Kenny Kaminski leaving MSU hoops Empty Get Iowa St on the phone, Kenny Kaminski leaving MSU hoops

Post by pulling69 Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 19:04

@KennyKaminski 3m

I am no longer going to play at Michigan State, I will be transferring to another school but have not decided where yet
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Get Iowa St on the phone, Kenny Kaminski leaving MSU hoops Empty Re: Get Iowa St on the phone, Kenny Kaminski leaving MSU hoops

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 19:06

Well, ****.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Get Iowa St on the phone, Kenny Kaminski leaving MSU hoops Empty Re: Get Iowa St on the phone, Kenny Kaminski leaving MSU hoops

Post by GRR Spartan Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 19:19

He was a talent who struggled to fit in with Izzo's system which includes playing defense, showing up for class and academic progress.

Like others, I hope he finds a school where his game is a better fit with what the HC wants. MSU and playing basketball for Tom Izzo/staff isn't for everyone. Sherman found that out, transferred to ND and had a couple of nice seasons.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 19:19

pulling69 wrote:@KennyKaminski 3m

I am no longer going to play at Michigan State, I will be transferring to another school but have not decided where yet

Shocked   Get Iowa St on the phone, Kenny Kaminski leaving MSU hoops 294152859 
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Get Iowa St on the phone, Kenny Kaminski leaving MSU hoops Empty Kaminski to transfer

Post by Guest Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 19:42

Must not have liked all the new competition.

Graham Couch ‏@Graham_Couch 2m
Blow for MSU. MT “@KennyKaminski: I'm no longer going to play at MSU, I'll be transferring to another school but have not decided where yet”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 19:42

God fucking dammit
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 19:43

Thread merge
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 19:45

Kid was never going to cut it with his defense.

Edit: I know the most about MSU sports here.

Last edited by SpartanDawgs265 on Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:05; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 19:47

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:Kid was never going to cut it with his defense.

You're a fucking idiot and you don't know shit about sports. You're a more annoying Crazy Sparty.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RubberbandMan Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 19:53

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:
EDIT: I don't know shit and prefer to troll Twinks on craigslist

Shocked 
RubberbandMan
RubberbandMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 20:16

Yeah, this kinda blows. Did see a tweet that "unnamed sources" have said he was booted. That would make more sense. Going to miss that sweet stroke, esp with the Forbes kid likely not being able to play next year.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 20:17

Please speculate
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 20:37

It's getting ridiculous the number of players who have left MSU early lately (and not gone onto the NBA or somewhere better). I hope Izzo figures this problem out and stops wasting scholarships on players like these ones.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueLeader Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 20:40

Can't be surprised. He had a tough time following rules and I have my doubts he was going to be able to last 3 more years.
RogueLeader
RogueLeader
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueLeader Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 20:41

Giant Moose wrote:It's getting ridiculous the number of players who have left MSU early lately (and not gone onto the NBA or somewhere better). I hope Izzo figures this problem out and stops wasting scholarships on players like these ones.

This isn't an Izzo problem this a problem in college basketball period.
RogueLeader
RogueLeader
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 20:49

RogueLeader wrote:

This isn't an Izzo problem this a problem in college basketball period.
We get too many guys who get injured prior to playing a game at MSU. They rarely contribute the way we expect them to. If a player is injured before they get to MSU, I'd almost prefer we just stop recruiting them or drop their scholarship at this point.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 20:50

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah, this kinda blows. Did see a tweet that "unnamed sources" have said he was booted. That would make more sense. Going to miss that sweet stroke, esp with the Forbes kid likely not being able to play next year.

Still waiting on the NCAA waiver decision, so there's still a chance.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 20:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Still waiting on the NCAA waiver decision, so there's still a chance.

Good point. For some reason I thought it was a longshot but did some checking and it appears there's a decent chance.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:01

Not too surprising. Heard from some managers on the team, that he would tell Izzo he was going home and his parents he was staying in e Lansing. He liked to party in Columbus. I'll ignore the other bullshit comments about recruiting the wrong type of players.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:02

InTenSity wrote:Not too surprising. Heard from some managers on the team, that he would tell Izzo he was going home and his parents he was staying in e Lansing. He liked to party in Columbus. I'll ignore the other bullshit comments about recruiting the wrong type of players.
How are those comments BS? You think Gauna, Byrd, and Kaminski were worthy of wearing the MSU uniform? Those were big recruiting busts.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gvsparty Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:05

People had been saying his academics were be in question recently. Who knows if that's the truth but it would certainly make sense with this news.
gvsparty
gvsparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:06

Ass Dan wrote:

You're a fucking idiot and you don't know shit about sports. You're a more annoying Crazy Sparty.

Last edited by pulling69 on Sun 3 Aug 2014 - 1:46; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:09

Giant Moose wrote:
How are those comments BS? You think Gauna, Byrd, and Kaminski were worthy of wearing the MSU uniform? Those were big recruiting busts.

Agreed. If you're going to (rightfully) give Izzo credit for recruiting guys like Green, Walton and Payne, then I don't see why it's wrong to then fault Izzo for recruiting guys that never really seemed to fit from the moment they stepped on campus.

Are/were there multiple issues that lead to transfers/busts like this? Sure, but Izzo recruiting the player is one of them.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:20

CrazySparty wrote:

Agreed. If you're going to (rightfully) give Izzo credit for recruiting guys like Green, Walton and Payne, then I don't see why it's wrong to then fault Izzo for recruiting guys that never really seemed to fit from the moment they stepped on campus.

Are/were there multiple issues that lead to transfers/busts like this? Sure, but Izzo recruiting the player is one of them.

Yeah...it's not like Byrd had any injuries...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:22

Giant Moose wrote:

When Izzo leaves you'll be the one leading the parade. I don't think you understand how lucky MSU is to have him. I'll let a couple of recruiting mistakes slide. Not every team his 100%, at least not without the bag men.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:23

NigelUno wrote:

Yeah...it's not like Byrd had any injuries...

Yeah... it's not like players have ever recovered from injuries to play well, either...

Also, how many times did Izzo talk about how excited he was for Byrd to rebound from those injuries, citing he was practicing well, etc. Hell, he even made him a captain.

And yet, outside of one shot against Iowa, he barely accomplished anything on the court.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:25

CrazySparty wrote:

Yeah... it's not like players have ever recovered from injuries to play well, either...

Also, how many times did Izzo talk about how excited he was for Byrd to rebound from those injuries, citing he was practicing well, etc. Hell, he even made him a captain.

And yet, outside of one shot against Iowa, he barely accomplished anything on the court.

Quick question for you.  How many players are on the team?  And how many are in the playing group?  Do you expect every recruit to start?

I mean...shit...it's not like he was playing behind Gary Harris. Oh, wait...

Last edited by NigelUno on Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:26; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:25

Nigel. Hey. Don't go down this road. It's just going to be excruciating for the rest of us. Chalk it up as a win.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:27

InTenSity wrote:

When Izzo leaves you'll be the one leading the parade. I don't think you understand how lucky MSU is to have him. I'll let a couple of recruiting mistakes slide. Not every team his 100%, at least not without the bag men.
Why can't people be critical of Izzo yet still appreciate what he has accomplished? Some of the recent recruit flops have been a key reason why MSU has fallen short of its goals.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Nigel. Hey. Don't go down this road. It's just going to be excruciating for the rest of us. Chalk it up as a win.

OK. Am I supposed to be mad that Kaminski is leaving? Or happy because he wasn't any good?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:29

NigelUno wrote:

Quick question for you.  How many players are on the team?  And how many are in the playing group?  Do you expect every recruit to start?

I mean...shit...it's not like he was playing behind Gary Harris.  Oh, wait...

So, not starting is equivalent to transferring after being suspended multiple times?

I really don't see what's so bad about saying Izzo deserves at least some blame for recruiting guys who don't fit, and never really appeared to fit from the get go.

Or, you know there's nothing wrong, but you're just showing your obsession with me/arguing in general, again. I think I know the answer.

CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:30

Giant Moose wrote:
Why can't people be critical of Izzo yet still appreciate what he has accomplished? Some of the recent recruit flops have been a key reason why MSU has fallen short of its goals.

Because Nigel said so?
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:31

CrazySparty wrote:

So, not starting is equivalent to transferring after being suspended multiple times?

I really don't see what's so bad about saying Izzo deserves at least some blame for recruiting guys who don't fit, and never really appeared to fit from the get go.

Or, you know there's nothing wrong, but you're just showing your obsession with me/arguing in general, again. I think I know the answer.

Byrd was suspended multiple times?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:31

NigelUno wrote:

Byrd was suspended multiple times?

No, but Kaminski was....
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:32

Giant Moose wrote:

Because MSU fans have zero perspective of what rational goals are. You just love being the most critical. I'm not sure how old you are, but a run that Izzo has put up do far is close to legendary. Before you spout off on coach k bullshit, look into that program very close.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:35

So, are we mad that Kaminski is leaving, because we thought he would contribute this year?

Or are we mad at Izzo for recruiting him?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:36

NigelUno wrote:So, are we mad that Kaminski is leaving, because we thought he would contribute this year?

Or are we mad at Izzo for recruiting him?

Who here is even mad?
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:37

InTenSity wrote:

Because MSU fans have zero perspective of what rational goals are. You just love being the most critical. I'm not sure how old you are, but a run that Izzo has put up do far is close to legendary. Before you spout off on coach k bullshit, look into that program very close.
Are people seriously happy with the way things are going with MSU hoops lately? Since Izzo's offseason of drama in 2010, we've fallen short of our goals. It doesn't upset anyone else that both Wisconsin and Michigan have been to the Final Four since then yet we haven't?

It's not 1998 any more. Izzo has raised the bar where we should have bigger expectations. It just shows me that some of you don't really think we are a blueblood and have lower expectations than I do.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:38

CrazySparty wrote:

Who here is even mad?

Are you happy? Concerned? Bummed? Disappointed? Or just critical of the head coach?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:38

Giant Moose wrote:

You need to get your ass along with your Magic 8 Ball, Ouija Board  and crystal ball over to Izzo's office first thing Monday morning.  How anyone has managed to recruit without your obvious gift of foresight is a mystery to all of us.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next