Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream: Minnesota pre game thread

+9
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Trapper Gus
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
Nordic
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream: Minnesota pre game thread Empty Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream: Minnesota pre game thread

Post by Turtleneck 2022-09-19, 13:46

Minnesota is 3-0 with wins over New Mexico St., Western Illinois, and Colorado. They have outscored their opponents 149-17.

Minnesota's QB is throwing the ball fairly well and overall their offense will pose a challenge to MSU's defense. QB Tanner Morgan is 38/53 (72%), averaging nearly 12 yards per completion. Running back Mohamed Ibrahim is averaging 6.9 yards per touch with 67 carries. Minnesota has lost their top wide receiver for the year to injury. While we might say these numbers reflect competition, Washington played Kent St. and Portland St. before putting up similar numbers against MSU.

MSU is a slight favorite in this game, and the ESPN forecaster favors MSU.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/michigan-state-opens-as-slight-favorite-over-minnesota-in-week-4-matchup/ar-AA11YtC9

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401405092
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream: Minnesota pre game thread Empty Re: Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream: Minnesota pre game thread

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-09-19, 13:55

.."he loved the Golden Gophers but he hated all the drawn out winters"...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream: Minnesota pre game thread Empty Re: Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream: Minnesota pre game thread

Post by Rocinante 2022-09-19, 13:57

I’ve been to Minnesota. That “Minnesota nice” crap is a load of horse shit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-09-19, 21:16

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-09-20, 20:41

Michigan State football needs a short-term memory against Minnesota's run-first offense

Minnesota's run-dominant offense presents a much different challenge than Washington’s pass-heavy scheme. Running back Mohamed Ibrahim ranks second in the Football Bowl Subdivision at 154.7 yards per game on the ground, and fellow sixth-year senior quarterback Tanner Morgan is starting his fifth season and averages 206 yards. The Gophers have the second-best offense in the country at 554.7 yards per game and seventh-highest scoring offense at 49.7 points a game.

“They're a very run-heavy team. We've seen that,” VanSumeren said. “We got to play physical, and we got to stop the run. ... We're just going to play our defense no matter who we play, week in and week out. We're going to play our strengths, whatever the offense brings us.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2022/09/20/michigan-state-football-new-challenge-minnesota-run-first-offense/69507714007/

Gophers simulate Michigan State’s noise to prep for Saturday’s clash

"If you would have come to practice today, you'd be sitting here exhausted, ready to drink a few beers, just to settle down,'' Fleck joked on his KFXN-FM radio show. "It was one of the most chaotic practices — organized chaos. The sights, the sounds, everything was going on to create distractions. [It was] loud as can be. They've got to perform under that type of pressure.''

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/gophers-simulate-michigan-state-e2-80-99s-noise-to-prep-for-saturday-e2-80-99s-clash/ar-AA123pzt

Can you really prepare for the primordial battle cry from the Nordic clan?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-09-20, 20:44

Once favored, Michigan State now a home underdog vs. Minnesota

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/once-favored-michigan-state-now-a-home-underdog-vs-minnesota/ar-AA123yKp
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-20, 20:45

Will you please focus on our ad problem, Turtleneck? This is a serious problem and we need a serious solution.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-09-20, 20:47

tGreenWay wrote:Will you please focus on our ad problem, Turtleneck? This is a serious problem and we need a serious solution.

It does not bother me. I don't even know where these ads are. There is a banner at the top with ads but that does not obstruct my viewing of the board. Is that the problem?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-09-20, 20:47

Minnesota Football: RoWINg to Michigan State - Opponent Preview

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2022/9/20/23358003/minnesota-gophers-football-michigan-state-spartans-week-4-opponent-preview

Spartan Football Playback: Minnesota vs. Michigan State (2011)

https://www.theonlycolors.com/2022/9/20/23361521/spartan-football-playback-minnesota-vs-michigan-state-2011-big-ten
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-20, 20:54

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Will you please focus on our ad problem, Turtleneck? This is a serious problem and we need a serious solution.

It does not bother me. I don't even know where these ads are. There is a banner at the top with ads but that does not obstruct my viewing of the board. Is that the problem?

So you apparently own an Amish computer. Got it, Jakob.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-09-20, 21:10

New computer. Fiber connection. I only see one ad. Maybe it is a mobile thing. Have you thought about using desktop on mobile?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-09-20, 21:21

What the fuck is your beef with Haller?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-21, 09:19

https://spartanavenue.com/2022/09/19/michigan-state-football-reasons-optimism-washington-loss/amp/1/

Michigan State fans have been quick to jump over the weaknesses of the team this season after the loss and they’re also somewhat down on their Spartans. But there’s really no reason to throw in the towel after one non-conference loss.

Here’s why MSU fans should remain optimistic after the deflating loss to Washington.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-09-21, 12:54

Can we start talking about Minnesota’s QB penis? It worked so well last week.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-09-21, 15:42

kingstonlake wrote:Can we start talking about Minnesota’s QB penis? It worked so well last week.

rofl
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-21, 15:49

I see merrily merrily merrily and all I can think about is Merrily Dean Baker.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-09-21, 16:54

I see GreenWay is sabotaging another pre game thread with his complete lack of focus. It seems intentional at this point. Is GreenWay a secret blue agent?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-09-21, 17:00

Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream: Minnesota pre game thread Side-view-rowboat-sunken-ninety-feet-off-coast-bonaire-179204613
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-21, 18:29

Turtleneck wrote:I see GreenWay is sabotaging another pre game thread with his complete lack of focus. It seems intentional at this point. Is GreenWay a secret blue agent?

You had everyone focused so early last week that we played and posted tight and on edge. I’m just trying to keep things loose. I also had no idea you were such a misogynist. You probably clapped when that coach yelled at the women athletes to get off the field. #sad
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-09-21, 19:02

I really think the first thing we need to do is assign a thread starter and get them in shape for Saturday.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Travis of the Cosmos, tGreenWay, Turtleneck and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-09-21, 19:31

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I really think the first thing we need to do is assign a thread starter and get them in shape for Saturday.

This is 100% accurate. No more of this last minute bullshit. Turtleneck focus and thank this post immediately
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-21, 19:49

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I really think the first thing we need to do is assign a thread starter and get them in shape for Saturday.

Excellent idea
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-09-21, 19:53

Tuck vs. Fleck

Has to be OTPT.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, AvgMSUJoe and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-09-21, 20:08

NigelUno wrote:

Tuck vs. Fleck

Has to be OTPT.

This is compelling. I do think we need a backup plan here but I dig it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-09-21, 20:29

Agree. Last Saturday was a debacle. We were about as well prepared as the team.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-09-21, 20:52

Game thread starting is not an assignment. It is a feeling. If you wake up on gameday and feel it, you start it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-09-21, 21:23

Nordic wrote:

Game thread starting is not an assignment. It is a feeling. If you wake up on gameday and feel it, you start it.
I don't know man... how do we even know they didn't skip leg day... Or read the articles or even punch any walls.
It's like any goober dingbat poster is worthy of the honor.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-09-21, 21:26

Minnesota vs Michigan State Prediction, Game Preview

What’s Going To Happen
Minnesota isn’t screwing up.

That’s the biggest takeaway from the easy first three games – the team is sharp even though it doesn’t have to be.

There have been just two turnovers and ten penalties in the three games, and it’s not going to start making the big mistakes in a game like this.

Michigan State will play better than it did in Seattle, but Minnesota will continue to dominate the time of possession battle – it’s holding the ball for a nation-leading 40 minutes per game so far – and it’ll survive a tough fight with a late, grinding drive to close it out.

Minnesota 31, Michigan State 27
Line: Minnesota -2.5, o/u: 51
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2
Minnesota vs Michigan State Must See Rating (out of 5): 4

https://collegefootballnews.com/2022/09/minnesota-vs-michigan-state-prediction-game-preview-lines-tv

Minnesota vs. Michigan State Football prediction and odds: Saturday, 9/24

https://www.mlive.com/betting/2022/09/minnesota-vs-michigan-state-football-prediction-and-odds-saturday-924.html

3 Reasons Michigan State Will Upset Minnesota in Week 4

https://spartanavenue.com/2022/09/20/3-reasons-michigan-state-will-upset-minnesota-week-4/

Spartan Confidential podcast: Will Michigan State bounce back vs. Minnesota?

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2022/09/spartan-confidential-podcast-will-michigan-state-bounce-back-vs-minnesota.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-09-21, 21:56

Nordic wrote:

I get where you’re going with this but Noah Kim isn’t staring this week if he’s feeling it. Sometimes you need to go in with a plan and execute on it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-09-21, 22:32

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I get where you’re going with this but Noah Kim isn’t staring this week if he’s feeling it. Sometimes you need to go in with a plan and execute on it

If Noah Kim is feeling it and wants to start the game thread. He should start the game thread.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, Turtleneck, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-22, 07:23

There were mistakes were across the board in last week’s 39-28 loss at Washington and the defensive shortcomings were glaring. The Huskies racked up more than 500 yards of total offense and scored touchdowns on five of their first six possessions.

“It was embarrassing,” safety Kendell Brooks said of rewatching the loss, “because we’ve got a lot of things we need to clean up.”

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2022/09/pressures-on-scottie-hazelton-michigan-state-defense-in-opening-big-ten-stretch.html
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-09-22, 10:32

Because I am "disabled" at the moment, I cannot make this game. I have listed my tickets on stubhub. Send me a DM if you want them, and I direct you to it.

Go green!
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-22, 11:14

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Tuck vs. Fleck

Has to be OTPT.

This is compelling. I do think we need a backup plan here but I dig it

Right on, daddio. ✊
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-22, 11:43

Dendrobates wrote:Because I am "disabled" at the moment, I cannot make this game. I have listed my tickets on stubhub. Send me a DM if you want them, and I direct you to it.

Go green!

Sounds like you are a candidate to start the game thread.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-09-22, 15:17

Trapper Gus wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:Because I am "disabled" at the moment, I cannot make this game. I have listed my tickets on stubhub. Send me a DM if you want them, and I direct you to it.

Go green!

No offense... but, I think we should have someone at full strength this week. This game can set the tone for the rest of the season... And trusting it to someone not 100% might be the kind of weakness Fleck is looking to take advantage of.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-09-22, 22:51

Gophers ready for physical Big Ten opener at Michigan State
The Gophers' first test of the season will go down on Saturday in East Lansing

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/gophers/gophers-ready-for-physical-big-ten-opener-at-michigan-state

Michigan State football vs. Minnesota: 5 determining factors and a prediction

Prediction
The Gophers are 3-point favorites, which, given last week’s MSU performance and the Gophers’ 3-0 start, is somewhat understandable. But that’s a line based on faith and the luck of the schedule. Because if MSU last week had played at home against Colorado (which might be the worst team in a power-five conference), they might also be 3-0, with all the good vibes Minnesota has. It’s tough to pick MSU after what we just saw. But, at home, after being humbled, I think the Spartans put together a focused performance. And I don’t think the Gophers’ passing game is built to hurt MSU the same way Washington’s was.

https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-state-football-vs-minnesota-230013923.html

Three Keys To Michigan State Beating Minnesota

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/three-keys-to-michigan-state-beating-minnesota/ar-AA1289nq

Minnesota vs. Michigan State Prediction: Golden Gophers, Spartans Square Off in Big Ten Opener

While Minnesota will likely feel the impact of Autman-Bell's absence early on, it feels like the Golden Gophers will, by and large, be able to operate normally on offense. The same can't be said for Michigan State's attack, however. Minnesota appears to have a clear advantage in the trenches on both sides of the ball, and the statistics back it up. The Spartans also are coming off of a bad loss on the road to Washington where they got exposed in a number of areas. Barring a significant turnaround, especially on defense, look for the visiting Gophers to stay undefeated with a fairly comfortable win in their Big Ten opener.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/minnesota-vs-michigan-state-prediction-golden-gophers-spartans-square-off-in-big-ten-opener/ar-AA128rev

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2022-09-22, 23:04; edited 2 times in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-09-22, 22:55

[tw]1573084752181137408?s=20&t=x6NKNHxx4OyqUseHghV5kQ[/tw]

MSU should take the field carrying axes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-09-23, 00:51

Turtleneck wrote:[tw]1573084752181137408?s=20&t=x6NKNHxx4OyqUseHghV5kQ[/tw]

MSU should take the field carrying axes.

Michigan tried bringing a spike once. Didn’t go well.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-23, 06:35

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

No offense... but, I think we should have someone at full strength this week. This game can set the tone for the rest of the season... And trusting it to someone not 100% might be the kind of weakness Fleck is looking to take advantage of.

Anyone who has given birth isn't going to let a broken ankle be a problem.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-09-23, 08:26

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

F you Joe.
I'm way stronger than I look. I've got some secret ninja skills you don't know about. Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream: Minnesota pre game thread 905083632
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next