Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mitch McConnell just voted no to same sex and interracial marriage.

3 posters

Go down

Mitch McConnell just voted no to same sex and interracial marriage.  Empty Mitch McConnell just voted no to same sex and interracial marriage.

Post by DWags 2022-11-16, 17:04

Somebody help me understand this. What is the conversation that goes on between him and his wife?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mitch McConnell just voted no to same sex and interracial marriage.  Empty Re: Mitch McConnell just voted no to same sex and interracial marriage.

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-16, 17:24

My guess is we are watching the sauage making. The Republicans in the Senate made a deal to bring it to the floor after the election with the understanding that the Democratics would not use it as a campaign issue. The Republicians gave up.12 votes to bring it to the floor and a handful, maybe 5, will vote for it . McConnell and a majority of Republicans will vote no to make the MAGA nuts happy.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Mitch McConnell just voted no to same sex and interracial marriage.  Empty Re: Mitch McConnell just voted no to same sex and interracial marriage.

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-11-16, 19:15

McConnell defeated interloper Rick Scott for the US Senate minority leadership 37-10 with one abstention.

He’s back to pandering the base to raise funds for 2024.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2022-11-16, 21:37; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-16, 21:26

That’s all well and good and I get the politics of it. But as a man, as a human being, how do you go home and look at your Asian wife after you made that vote? These people have no soul. And it scares the hell out of me
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and GRR Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-11-16, 21:54

DWags wrote:That’s all well and good and I get the politics of it. But as a man, as a human being, how do you go home and look at your Asian wife after you made that vote? These people have no soul. And it scares the hell out of me

But Elaine Chao isn’t just any Asian. She’s been a government insider for decades. Her father owns Foremost Group, a shipping conglomerate.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-16, 22:21

GRR Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:That’s all well and good and I get the politics of it. But as a man, as a human being, how do you go home and look at your Asian wife after you made that vote? These people have no soul. And it scares the hell out of me

But Elaine Chao isn’t just any Asian. She’s been a government insider for decades. Her father owns Foremost Group, a shipping conglomerate.

Again, as a man, as a husband, as a human being, I can’t imagine making that vote and going home and looking at my inter-racial wife. It’s beyond me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-17, 08:48

I suppose they have the entitlement of privilege, and don't see that the laws might apply to themselves, personally.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down