Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, it was probably Alito who leaked the Dobbs decision

4 posters

Go down

So, it was probably Alito who leaked the Dobbs decision Empty So, it was probably Alito who leaked the Dobbs decision

Post by Turtleneck 2022-11-19, 13:26

I remember reading that Roberts was trying to lobby the conservatives to let Roe stand, but his efforts became meaningless once the draft opinion leaked. Now it turns out that Alito is probably the Chief Leaker of the Supreme Court.

In early June 2014, an Ohio couple who were Mr. Schenck’s star donors shared a meal with Justice Alito and his wife, Martha-Ann. A day later, Gayle Wright, one of the pair, contacted Mr. Schenck, according to an email reviewed by The Times. “Rob, if you want some interesting news please call. No emails,” she wrote.

Mr. Schenck said Mrs. Wright told him that the decision would be favorable to Hobby Lobby, and that Justice Alito had written the majority opinion. Three weeks later, that’s exactly what happened. The court ruled, in a 5-4 vote, that requiring family-owned corporations to pay for insurance covering contraception violated their religious freedoms. The decision would have major implications for birth control access, President Barack Obama’s new health care law and corporations’ ability to claim religious rights.

Justice Alito, in a statement issued through the court’s spokeswoman, denied disclosing the decision. He said that he and his wife shared a “casual and purely social relationship” with the Wrights, and did not dispute that the two couples ate together on June 3, 2014. But the justice said that the “allegation that the Wrights were told the outcome of the decision in the Hobby Lobby case, or the authorship of the opinion of the Court, by me or my wife, is completely false.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/19/us/supreme-court-leak-abortion-roe-wade.html

So, once again, a GOP accusation (that some liberal clerk leaked the Dobbs draft) is just a hidden confession.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So, it was probably Alito who leaked the Dobbs decision Empty Re: So, it was probably Alito who leaked the Dobbs decision

Post by kingstonlake 2022-11-19, 13:32

I appreciate them giving women ample time to register to vote.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

So, it was probably Alito who leaked the Dobbs decision Empty Re: So, it was probably Alito who leaked the Dobbs decision

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-19, 17:04

He is denying that, though of course he is. One only has to listen to his gloating speaches to the Catholics & RWNJ Federalist Sociaty to see that he loves to brag and toot his own horn. He probably just can't help bragging to his dinner guests.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-20, 08:52

Turtleneck wrote:I remember reading that Roberts was trying to lobby the conservatives to let Roe stand, but his efforts became meaningless once the draft opinion leaked. Now it turns out that Alito is probably the Chief Leaker of the Supreme Court.

In early June 2014, an Ohio couple who were Mr. Schenck’s star donors shared a meal with Justice Alito and his wife, Martha-Ann. A day later, Gayle Wright, one of the pair, contacted Mr. Schenck, according to an email reviewed by The Times. “Rob, if you want some interesting news please call. No emails,” she wrote.

Mr. Schenck said Mrs. Wright told him that the decision would be favorable to Hobby Lobby, and that Justice Alito had written the majority opinion. Three weeks later, that’s exactly what happened. The court ruled, in a 5-4 vote, that requiring family-owned corporations to pay for insurance covering contraception violated their religious freedoms. The decision would have major implications for birth control access, President Barack Obama’s new health care law and corporations’ ability to claim religious rights.

Justice Alito, in a statement issued through the court’s spokeswoman, denied disclosing the decision. He said that he and his wife shared a “casual and purely social relationship” with the Wrights, and did not dispute that the two couples ate together on June 3, 2014. But the justice said that the “allegation that the Wrights were told the outcome of the decision in the Hobby Lobby case, or the authorship of the opinion of the Court, by me or my wife, is completely false.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/19/us/supreme-court-leak-abortion-roe-wade.html

So, once again, a GOP accusation (that some liberal clerk leaked the Dobbs draft) is just a hidden confession.

So a couple accuses Alito of disclosing to them at a social dinner that the Hobby Lobby decision would support freedom of religion and the NYT and our local Swill leftists take this as proof Alito leaked the Roe opinion?

So, it was probably Alito who leaked the Dobbs decision 2803167989
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-21, 07:34

RQA wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:I remember reading that Roberts was trying to lobby the conservatives to let Roe stand, but his efforts became meaningless once the draft opinion leaked. Now it turns out that Alito is probably the Chief Leaker of the Supreme Court.

So a couple accuses Alito of disclosing to them at a social dinner that the Hobby Lobby decision would support freedom of religion and the NYT and our local Swill leftists take this as proof Alito leaked the Roe opinion?

Just wondering if you have a dictionary. If you do look up the word "probably".
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-11-21, 08:10

RQA wrote:

I am not a leftist. I just think you’re a disingenuous poster with a great deal of insecurity and inability to deal with conceptual complexity.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-21, 09:06

Turtleneck wrote:

I am not a leftist.

If so, my post does not apply to you.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-21, 09:25

RQA wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I am not a leftist.

If so, my post does not apply to you.

So far it applies to no one who has posted on this topic then.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down