Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsNation

+3
Trapper Gus
GRR Spartan
The Pantry
7 posters

Go down

NewsNation Empty NewsNation

Post by The Pantry 2022-12-11, 19:47

Don't watch a lot of their news programming, but I find it refresheningly balanced.

Was watching NewsNation's other programming today. They occasionally ran a banner over the top of the screen asking people to call Comcast, which apparently has decided to cut the network from their lineup. No dog in the fight cause have service other than Comcast, because they've sucked pretty much from the beginning. Just find it odd they picked NewsNation to cut from their lineup.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

NewsNation Empty Re: NewsNation

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-12-11, 20:33

It’s not just NewsNation.

NewsNation is one of the networks owned by Nexstar Media Group.  Nexstar also owns between 130-140 local TV affiliates including WOTV Battle Creek (ABC), WOOD TV8 (NBC) in GR and WLNS Lansing (CBS).

WOOD and WLNS both have a red banner on top of their websites with the same “warning” about Comcast. (WOTV/ABC  shares weather and news with WOOD/NBC.

Another corporate pissing match where the local affiliates in MI  operated by NexStar want to increase the fee they are charging Comcast to carry its stations and networks.

I don’t get why Comcast or any cable company should be paying to carry a station with an FCC license.  All the cable company does is usually give its subscribers access without an antenna.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-12-11, 20:49

Not educated on this, however, there may be government protection of stations with over the air broadcast rights withing their over the air broadcast area.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-12-12, 10:37

Wasn't NewsNation WGN at some point? I have nothing else to add to this conversation but prefer somebody else take 30 seconds to investigate my question. Thank you.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-12-12, 11:22

Hello Pantry, glad you found something that’s even more fair and balanced than Fox. I
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-12-12, 16:05

Turtleneck wrote:Wasn't NewsNation WGN at some point? I have nothing else to add to this conversation but prefer somebody else take 30 seconds to investigate my question. Thank you.

Is WGN that news paper at the check out lines that would report on bat boy from Vermont?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-12, 16:13

FCC license

Really what's the point of FCC licenses anymore? It was originally set up to regulate the bandwidth, correct?

Maybe that's why they can get away with licensing fees... it has nothing to do with their over-the-air customers.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-12-12, 19:13

Wiki wrote:WGN America was an American subscription television network that was owned by the Nexstar Media Group, and was the company's only wholly owned, national cable-originated television channel. The channel in its final form under the WGN branding ran a mixture of entertainment programming (consisting of comedy and drama series, and theatrical feature films) for most of the broadcast day and a straight-news format—via a daily national prime time newscast, NewsNation—during the evening and early overnight hours

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Really what's the point of FCC (Broadcast) licenses anymore? It was originally set up to regulate the bandwidth, correct?

The Federal Communication Commission regulates the use of radio wave broadcasting to allow the fair use of the Electromagnetic spectrum for which technology exists to broadcast through it.  This spectrum is from 9 kHz to 275 GHz.  This includes all broadcast use for all purposes.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-12-13, 10:08

Trapper Gus wrote:

The Federal Communication Commission regulates the use of radio wave broadcasting to allow the fair use of the Electromagnetic spectrum for which technology exists to broadcast through it.  This spectrum is from 9 kHz to 275 GHz.  This includes all broadcast use for all purposes.

Alls I know is I enjoyed Wally, Bob, Roy and Orion when I was a kid.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-12-13, 10:33

Rick Saunders wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Maybe I was too subtle...

To Joe's comment. The FCC and a related agency issues licenses in order to allow broadcasters to use frequency allocations so that the broadcast frequencies are not a free for all, with everyone interfering with everyone else, which would make broadcast frequencies useless. Assigned bandwidth is part of the regulation to do that.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-12-13, 13:40

Trapper Gus wrote:
Rick Saunders wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's me that is too subtle.

To Joe's comment. The FCC and a related agency issues licenses in order to allow broadcasters to use frequency allocations so that the broadcast frequencies are not a free for all, with everyone interfering with everyone else, which would make broadcast frequencies useless. Assigned bandwidth is part of the regulation to do that.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-12-13, 13:47

Rick Saunders wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Hiding your comment inside the quoted part was tricking, but I get your point, now.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum